Hurt

Personally I think the NIN version of this song is far better, but all my friends seem to disagree with me. Let's settle this argument, who did it better, Johnny Cash or NIN?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Atme6okbdH0
youtube.com/watch?v=AvJKVKglIRs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

where is the strawpoll dudearoo?

NIN, the johnny cash version is indulgent rubbish.

>it's deep because he's old.

youtube.com/watch?v=Atme6okbdH0

the (quiet) version is the definitive hurt experience.

Piano hurt>guitar hurt

NINs version is far superior in every musical way and form. The only thing the original has going for it is the fact that Cash sings it.

>The original

This is some quality b8 user, but I'm not biting.

Trent Reznor, for all his talents and genius, cannot fucking sing, so it's obviously gotta be Johnny

I prefer Cash's version

Cash does do the vocals better and clearer but Trent's versions have some serious heart to them especially after playing TDS in its entirety

this is the best version, I actually don't like the version that appeared on TDS much anymore

They're 2 very different songs with the same theme. The other is about after the suicide with regret about it, the other is accepting the inevitable death that's in nature of us.

NIN is the correct answer

Cash 100%, his vocal delivery is leagues ahead of Reznor's on a song that's all about the lyrics and what they mean.

As a finale to TDS its incredible but on their own Johnny Cash's definitely sounds better, but if we are talking about Trent playing it live on the piano then that wins by miles.

This is the best version of the song.

youtube.com/watch?v=AvJKVKglIRs

Ditto. Underrated dvd.

NIN, because Cash's version is the reddit version

The opposite is true actually.

nope

Not true

Suicide or Looking back on your life near your death bed

That's the difference in the versions to me

I identify myself more with Trent.

>IIIIiii...shat myself today

I like both versions, but find the NIN version more powerful in the context of The Downward Spiral.

If you guys want to associate reddit with that, go ahead. But they wank over Trent's mostly because of Rick and Morty.

wrong

Are you that fucking ignorant? Reddit even jokes about their "Cash > NIN" circlejerk

When just listening to the songs on their own, I can understand why people say Cash's version is better. But The Downward Spiral is all build up to Trent's version, and it's a lot more satisfying.

Unpopular opinion: I don't like either version.