A FUCKING LETTER

>A FUCKING LETTER

classi
c

This is like the 20th thread about Italy opened by an Amerilard today, why are you so obsessed with us
Also why do you have to ruin memes by opening shit threads like this one

I'm actually surprised someone remembers this forced shit

Long live the Y btw

Ý tho

Y! Y! Y! Y!

>A FUCKING Ý

Heyyy bro
Someone remembers the fucking letter

>ÝtalÝ

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"haha"

>UK is Vương quốc Liên hiệp Anh và Bắc Ireland
>Italy is just Ý

lmao

>quốc
>cuck

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>fucking Việt Nam is two words, seven letters
>italy is just Ý

Where was you when we give the United States an actual name and just use Canada's English name?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAGAHAHAHAHAHHAHAGAGAAGAHHAHAHAHAHAHAJAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHABHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAJJAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

LMAO

butthurt desu lmao

>t. Ý-man

Isn't "Y" pronounced like "why"?
So they are asking "Italy why?".
So many questions...

>Isn't "Y" pronounced like "why"?
>being so Anglo-centric
get with the times, grandpa

Ý is pronounced like "i", with a up tone.

Ba Lan reporting! o7

I kinda thought of english pronouncation.
Here it's pronounced like "Y" in word "yell".

Just how third-world is that language that a literal translation of "Italia" is a fucking letter? They even use Latin alphabets and nothing comes close to forming a loan word or something.

Didn't you guys adopt English spelling (out of all fucking spellings out there)?

Here it's a vowel too. It's pronounced like "e" in "roses".

It's the shortened form of Ý Đại Lợi (came from Chinese). If you want to see an full European country name, check Tây Ban Nha (西班牙 - España).

Nah, not really.
We just adjusted old alphabet to the latin, cyrillic wasn't doing the job properly.

satanic trips

why wasn't cyrillic working? why does latin work better?

>Italy is so important that it gets to have an entire letter
Shouldn't this be something to envy?

Latin used "y" as a vowel.

You took it from English, didn't you?

Also if you insult these Sino-Vietnamese country names, you insult your Chinese overlords.

It lacks several sounds heavily used here, plus it really looks ugly when writing our words desu.
No. In latin the sound that our "y" makes is written like "j" I think, but "j" is another separate sound here.

That's exactly what I meant. You adopted the English pronunciation of "y", which is Latin's I/J. I wonder why English, they have like the worst spelling out of all Latin-using languages.

Because of abundance of sounds, like I said. "J" is an another sound, it's like russian "ж". And we have "X", it's pronounced like spanish pronounce "J".

But Y is used for vowels, and J is a semivowelled version of i.

Couldn't you do something like ż and h for those two, or zh and ch at least, like others?

Nah. "Z" is completely another sound, "h" too, "zh" is "j" and "ch" is "ç".

Not Z.
Ż.

Ý tho?

Oh, that one. Nah, I really hate same letters with dots. We had enought with "ä".

>Viet-gooks
You Viets are the descendants of chink rape-babies with southeast jungle chimps.

Yes, so what? I would rather be called subhuman than chink.