South america could have been the most advanced and prosperous place on the planet but Spain colonised them

>south america could have been the most advanced and prosperous place on the planet but Spain colonised them

At least we have the falkands

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_writing_systems
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sad

>but Spain colonised them
You mean "but the US destabilized them over and over again, planted Juntas, introduced gangs and drug wars, brainwashed them, demonized them and left them to rot afterwards"

latin america should be purged of all sentient life

This.

Even mariguana was demonize by an asshurt american

Why would they do that? It doesn't make any sense. Stop with the conspiracy theories and pay your debts

In case of El Salvador for cheap bananas

South America would be shit no matter what.

>Spain doesn't colonize SA
>Is shithole full of tribal spearchuckers

>America doesn't intervene in SA
>Becomes communist shithole

It's South America's destiny to be shit.

Perú will try their best!

>but the US destabilized them over and over again

The most developed nation in South America is so because the US intervention of Pinochet.

/thread

The USSR was even worse man, in fact if not for the USA all Latin America would be Cuba-tier.

Remember that Cuba was developed and rich as fuck when it was in our hands, the pearl of the Caribbean, if they became an isolated communist shithole it's their fault, not ours.

>all Latin America would be Cuba-tier.
That would be a massive improvement. Cuba was and still is (despite decades of worldwide embargo) one of the best places to live in South America, perhaps the best if you're getting a random draw with regards to your wealth.

>yeah man, south america would be kangz if it weren't for america even though the cia contras happened hundred years after monroe doctrine hurr

Cuba is not in South America even for average illiterate burger standards.

that ought to give you an idea of how trash latin america is and how much does the continent need a purge

South America will be the strongest region on earth in the future, just give us some decades

>Cuba was and still is (despite decades of worldwide embargo) one of the best places to live in South America
Cuba is an absolute poverty shithole.

Except that the interventionism didn't start in the cold war, it can be traced back to the war of the pacific

>Cuba was and still is (despite decades of worldwide embargo) one of the best places to live in South America
bro...

I agree but don't give these people ideas about moving here. Chile se está llenando de gallegos

No Chile had a lot of issues while he was in rule and he fucked up on many of his economic actions. Only when he left did Chile actually started to show gains.

Nah, we are shit. You can blame everyone else but really we are to blame ourselves.

>spain

Not here.

>Colombian drug-infested warlord favela vs poor neighborhood in Cuba.
hmmm

It's certainly poor, but poor beats being butchered or left to die of starvation or sniffing glue and shooting up at 12

This. I want the pinochet meme to finally end

At least a century or two

Once again a brazilian is the only person in the thread that's actually right and reasonable. Besides me of course.

The problem is that poverty here is like 25%, (14% in my city), in Cuba everyone is poor

ofc when he was on charge it a was shithole but without him chile would be pretty much like cuba right now

i don't know about colombian favelas, but in brazilian favelas you can get some sweet things you wouldn't be able in Cuba. Like new smartphones, or a mg42

>mfw Mexico would be a superpower if it wasn't for Spain and South America

We could be in space n' shit already, feels bad man

Cuba is a communist dictatorship were oppositors of the political establishment are jailed or disappeared, you only have the meme of their healthcare system going for you and it's blown out of proportions for what really is beyond their propaganda.

Spain made the mistake of not genociding the natives

Why do you blame South America?

>Brazil was so shitty at keeping slaves alive they relied on importing them rather than breeding them because they died too fast

When will mexico send up its first human space mission

Mayans where shit pham, best thing that could happened to them was taking the BSC

>south america
???????????????????

then why is new zealand first-world? checkmate racists

STOP SAYING IT WAS A MISTAKE

THERE WERE TOO MANY OF THEM

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

they kept dying and fleeing, it's less expensive to tell the crown to bring more of them than going into the forest looking for them, we only go into the forest to steal spanish territory

Just harvesting some delicious (you)s.

Thank you very much, gentlemen.

Not really. Who knows what would have happens if he didn't come in because I'm not some seer but Chile would've kicked Allende out but still retain a democracy or he would've stepped down peacefully regardless.

This.

Mayans were astronomers, mathematicians and invented the only written language of the whole americas. Before they misteriously dissapeared ofcourse.

Chile actually had a civil society back then. Cuba in the batista days was an immense shithole, Batista was a mental incompetent and Cuba was ruled by American gangsters and business men and was pretty much a plantation colony + an island. The fact that Castro's Cuba is better then Batista's a clear sign of Batista's pure retardation (how would Cuba sans sanction during the cold war do we'll never know) since even his US allies called him stupid as fuck.

Cuba's state and Chile's state are a wee bit incomparable especially since Chile had copper to work with (even though copper prices are low I think they increased recently).

>The Contras
>South America
You must be a real special type of dumb nigger at school huh Jamal.

THEY QT? I have a soft spot for their accent.

don't EVER reply to me again

the spanish coming over and absolutely fucking every civilization in Mesoamerica happened a bit before that

My Bogs are smiling at me kike. Can you say the same?

>invented the only written language
what are olmecs and zapotecs

WE

wuz

WRITERS AND SHEEEIT

This.

Proof? I remember mayans were the only ones with written language.

>misteriously
I thought it was because of deforestation

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_writing_systems

It was an accident!

It's just a prank bro!

>At least we have the falkands
Which, by the way, is a violation of the Monroe Doctrine.

a red pilled greek.

There are many theories. That one is very possoble though

It seem you are correct sir. HOWEVER

>The Maya script is generally considered to be the most fully developed Mesoamerican writing system mostly because of its extraordinary aesthetics and because it has been partially deciphered. In Mayan writing, logograms and syllable signs are combined. Around 700 different glyphs have been documented, with some 75% having been deciphered. Around 7000 texts in Mayan script have been documented.

Good, Mayans are also Mexican.

The sooner South America realizes this, the sooner it will become great. People who blame others for their problems will always be losers. It's only after you believe your destiny is in your own hands that you can achieve greatness.

>Cuba was and still is one of the best places to live in South America

t. Kommunistalopolous

This is true.

It was our fault to let USA in.

Is hard tho when USA have the power to lead a big embargo for decades to a tiny country in the caribbean, or the means to organize coup after coup or kill leaders in almost every country.

this

amerifats ruined everything

>it's another "let's blame everything on america" thread

Mix between our fault and , and no, with UK it will be Bangladesh tier (like 80% your ex-colonies)

They didn't have work animals, that was never going to happen fool. Spain, even with their habit of culture cucking, probably helped the indios in the long run even if their culture got raped.

The US didn't have work animals either, but England brought them by ship.
England developed the land rather than just mining it for resources.

England installed a civilisation in North America. A civilisation that was so successful that it fought for its independence and won. Against the might of the English empire.
Spain built a dependent, barely sustainable local government and extracted natural resources (silver n shiet).
They only started to develop themselves later.

England gave the North Americas an advantage.
Spain/Brazil/France/Netherlands were there just for the resources.

>Spain/Brazil/France/Netherlands were there just for the resources.

You mean portugal.

Anyway is true, but not only that, Engand took those resources by piratery. It was big bussines, They gave the "Sir" to Francis Drake, is like giving an nobility title to el Chapo Guzman.

yeah brazil were conquistador
portugal is a shit colony

Well, France was in it or the resources, but the guys they sent decided being nice guys was more fun.