Is Rosetta Stone a big meme or is it actually any good? I am considering buying all five levels of Russian

Is Rosetta Stone a big meme or is it actually any good? I am considering buying all five levels of Russian.

Other urls found in this thread:

lingvist.com/
memrise.com/course/1180537/russian-1/
memrise.com/course/1180538/russian-2/
memrise.com/course/1180539/russian-3/
memrise.com/course/1180540/russian-4/
memrise.com/course/1180541/russian-5/
memrise.com/course/1180542/russian-6/
memrise.com/course/1180543/russian-7/
duolingo.com/course/ru/en/Learn-Rosyjski-Online
busuu.com/en/register?learning=ru
babadum.com/play/?lang=8&game=1
clozemaster.com/languages/learn-russian-from-english
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It is pretty shitty to use on its own. Its a decent supplement. if you are going to teach yourself, you are better off buying textbooks.

>Rosetta stone

She's sober the whole time. WHORE

It is a pile of crap get the penguin book if you do not have it. If you are intermediate just read the news for vocabulary.

I've never used it, but I've heard mixed things about it.

RIP okay

I'm more or less beginner on Russian. I can read it, just not understand any of it, nor do I know how the grammar works, etc.

cyкa блять...

If it was free it would be a meh tier resource that you could use alongside other stuff but the sheer price makes it overpriced garbage.

>buying

Why would you buy it having so many free alternatives?

First example:
lingvist.com/

>you are better off buying textbooks
GTFO

Another example:
memrise.com/course/1180537/russian-1/
memrise.com/course/1180538/russian-2/
memrise.com/course/1180539/russian-3/
memrise.com/course/1180540/russian-4/
memrise.com/course/1180541/russian-5/
memrise.com/course/1180542/russian-6/
memrise.com/course/1180543/russian-7/

Of course try Duolingo too:
duolingo.com/course/ru/en/Learn-Rosyjski-Online

Busuu has some free part (not all exercises, unfortunately):
busuu.com/en/register?learning=ru

Also set this as your home site in your browser:
babadum.com/play/?lang=8&game=1
so every time you will start it you will also learn a word or two

There is also this:
clozemaster.com/languages/learn-russian-from-english

I have used it and completed my full program and it is pretty decent. Granted I was not learning Russian, but rather a romance language so the alphabet is almost the same. It allows you to speak back and if your are online you can also use the live tutoring sessions with native speaks, plus the extra games, chatroom and others. There are also stories that you can read, listen to, or record yourself reading.

>I've never used it, but I've heard mixed things about it.
most people don't take advantage of all the the features and burn out because they are expecting fast results. It takes time and focus as with anything you want to learn.

>sheer price makes it overpriced garbage
The sale prices are not that bad, got mine for $150 US. Pretty good for what I got out of it.

>buying
not everyone is favela living shackfag.

>so many free alternatives
there are pros and cons to everything including RS. I use Duolingo along side my RS and also watch cartoons in my new language and spend time practicing in a local community club and on Sup Forums in the thread of my new language

>there are pros and cons to everything including RS. I use Duolingo along side my RS and also watch cartoons in my new language and spend time practicing in a local community club and on Sup Forums in the thread of my new language
OK, but Russian is among those popular languages that have many high-quality free resources, so there is really no point in buying anything. It's another story if you want to learn Persian or Indonesian - then you have to buy some software, because you won't find those cool free apps.

I think being able to take advantage of the live tutoring and the integration of speaking as part of the lessons is an important part of grasping the language. Memrise and Duolingo and such do not have these. Is there another apps that lets you speak what you are learning? I would be interested. I do as many of them combined to try to get as much immersion as possible.

Maybe just find someone from Russia? I studied there, so I have some friends, but you could probably find someone on one of those "Penpals-like" platforms, especially Russian girls seem to be very open. I also sometimes shitpost on Dvach Sup Forums, just like I use Sup Forums to improve my English.

True, I agree that talking with someone in the country you are trying to the learn the language of is great. But where are these penpal type forums? I would like to find a good one for skype.

Rostte Stone is greek and egyptian not russian

I am slowly learning both English and Polish, so if anyone would be intersted in having conversation with a Russian fag from time to time in Discord just create a group and post a link here.

It's even worse than duolingo let that sink in

I am not sure what world you are living in my friend. Duolingo is good, but you get what you pay for and more importantly what you put into it, see my first paragraph here

learnrussian.rt.com
seriously.

>Duolingo is good
lol

If you can afford it then sure. I finished all 3 levels of Tagalog and I don't think I gain much. The good thing is, I find it easier to complete the syllabus on Rosetta Stone because of the interactive and force you to pronounce words. I also bought books to supplement Rosetta Stone but I've yet to make progress with it.

I recommend you to use Pimsleur. I've used both and I can say Pimsleur works better for me. It is audio based only but it would not teach you what is an apple but go direct to everyday conversation.

Doesn't matter. If you're an anglo-american, you are incapable of learning a new language. Even if you manage to speak 4 words, your pronunciation is horrendous.

it's a meme