Grandpa Trump: "My answer to cybersecurity is bicycle couriers."

Grandpa Trump: "My answer to cybersecurity is bicycle couriers."

>bicycle couriers
creates jobs and reduces obesity

I don't care. He could say that he wants to nuke downtown Manhattan and I wouldn't care. I just want things to be crazy in a good way again.

Explain how this wouldn't be a good solution.

I need to get some information from LA to NYC. Do I really have time for your fat ass to peddle a bike across the country

come on you fucking morons, you're starting to look as bad as President Dumbass

Well you know how it is, user....Those darn KGB hackers are just too good. We'll have to get those fat sacks of lard cycling again, to breed a new generation of remarkable cyclists.
Trump is gonna do a good deal.

those jobs will be taken by indians, chinese, mexicans and sand niggers

Trouble is he is right. Spys have gone back to using dead letter boxes etc.

>crazy in a good way again

what the fuck does that even mean you dumb bitch?

I'm somewhat relieved to hear about this.
I was a bit concerned Trump would spend more time out of state and conducting business through easily snooped on electronics.

If it were possible, it'd be an amazing way of transferring data. ZERO percent chance of being 'hacked' by russian boogeymen

I'm a software engineer. Obviously the right answer Trump should have given was end-to-end encryption for everything.

But just keep doubling down on the stupid bullshit like President Chump, I like my idiots out in the open where I can keep my eyes on em

I've worked in IT for 20 years. When you get right down to it the only real security is physical security.

So he said it in a stupid way, but he's right.

He's right though.

You want to be safe, and be secure from all cybersecurity?

Yank the RJ45 cable/wifi card out of the computer, then yank the power cord out of the computer.

They teach you this Day One in any cybersecurity source. TACACS, RADIUS, 802.1, X.509, none of that shit fucking matters if the computer is powered off. Or doesn't exist.

Not a real quote anyway. Just twisted to make it sound as dumb as possible.

>Trump should have given was end-to-end encryption
Your logic is faulty.
You're assuming the crypto algos in the libraries used by your OS aren't modified or tainted in some way to deliver a deterministic pattern in ciphertext as a watermark to begin reversing a CBC or EC exchange.

Better still, you're assuming your hardware hasn't been tainted or otherwise modified to generate semi-deterministic noise which is used as the seed and salt source for aforementioned crypto and digest algos.

RDRAND/RDSEED come to mind...

The russians are reviving the use of typewriters for some internal record keeping, and they've never stopped using hard wired telephones in the Kremlin (for example, you can see photos of Putin sitting next to a bank of telephones).

So this basically

You mean like PGP encryption? Do you think he knows what that is? I used to use PGP encryption to get LSD delivered to my friend's grandad's house, but despite being 'unhackable', even that is questioned, as it was supposedly engineered by military experts.
lol did you ever think Trump might occasionally make slightly satirical-sounding remarks to point-out the hypocrisy of the left? Same as what I'm doing ITT. Saying "well yeah, the election was 100% unhackable, yet here we are. Better use bicycles!". Obviously I don't actually think that'd be an adequate method of communication. Why don't shillary fans understand humour? Is it because English is usually their second language?

>Why don't shillary fans understand humour? Is it because English is usually their second language?
Fucking dying. 10/10

end to end is a great idea for consumer devices and non strategic business, as long as it doesn't come with a back door for the alphabet soup agencies. It's not "unhackable" but it forces the hacker to waste resources and time on accessing data, that may be irrelevant by the time they get at it.

>It's not "unhackable" but it forces the hacker to waste resources and time on accessing data, that may be irrelevant by the time they get at it.
Faulty logic again. You're assuming the algos they use won't take 6 minutes with a smartphone CPU to crack.

There's a lot of people and companies still using 3DES out there...

Roll