I'm 21 years old. is it too late to learn to play guitar?

i'm 21 years old. is it too late to learn to play guitar?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nhdfNlqRlgs
musictheory.net/
chordie.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, But it's to late to be famous.

No

no
Guitar is easy to learn and hard to master.
Get a private instructor.

classical guitar is hard, but if you are dedicated its possible to learn at any age. Learn to read music and site reading. Tabs will not tell you everything like sheet music will like dynamics or rhythms. If you never a heard a song before if you have sheet music you can still perform it correctly.

No man
what kind of music do you want to play

No. Pick it up. Start to play. Don't quit. Spiritually profit.

dubs of truth

Unless you get trips

No. This gal learned above her sixties.
youtube.com/watch?v=nhdfNlqRlgs

You probably suck and every musician or school band player laughs at you

yes. yes it is.

enjoy your pick-free life, user.

>using a pick
>not wanting to play bass, rhythm and inner voices all at once

i mean melody not rhythm

It's never too late to learn a skill. Use your adult mentality and work ethic to apply your self in a way that a kid never could and watch how far you can go! I've had loads of students way older than 21 who ask the same question. Then a few years later when I'm buying them a beer while their on stage its a bit surreal. Use the wisdom and patience that comes with age to master a craft and you will surpass all of the little phenom kids by principal and you get to feel responsible for it.

Guitar isnt easy to learn. The most basic level of fingering chords and strumming is hard for most beginning. Getting you fingers to work for open chords is hard enough before you even get involved in barred chords. Six strings dont make it much easier. That being said its never tonlate to learn anything

got a guitar when i was 21 for my birthday. am almost 23, and while I dont have the smarts to remember any songs, I can play to the point where I enjoying listening to my own music. thats all that really counts to me, that I can express myself.

just do whatever you want, there's no age limit to learning an instrument

Not true. You can certainly still become great at the guitar and you are certainly young enough to attain fame as well if that is your desire.

Just take a blotter of acid before you start playing. It'll sound like your Jimi hendrix.

I find it all pretty easy as long as you practice what is hard for you.
The hardest thing to learn is the right hand techniques and site reading with out breaking rhythm.

If you have rhythm, a good ear, can sync hands and head, most importantly, a lot of time to practice and a lot of patience, then you have everything set up.
If you don't, I believe anyone can learn, that is to say, I've never met someone that just couldn't
Start slow and easy, you're not gonna play all the famous songs you have in mind, search for "easy three chord songs" on youtube.
Also: justinguitar and marty music on youtube are the best

Fam if you want to impress people it isn't hard at all. Wonderwall is the most simplistic shit out there yet it'll still get you laid.

The thing that helps me is to just enjoy playing the guitar. Learn some chords first and just start jamming . Once you get the general idea of basic chords you can write music it's pretty fuckin easy

That's another good point OP, why do you wanna learn guitar? Why you didn't before when your body could still adapt to have strechier fingers and brain power? If you want to get laid, fuck off, it's not for you, if you 'like music a lot' then maybe, but remember it's art, and you're gonna try imitate art and create some yourself, take it seriously

Of course not.

Here's what you must do in order to learn to play

Get a : guitar, timer, a tuner and a metronome - apps or websites will do

google for websites like justinguitar and ultimate guitar/watch videos on youtube/torrent books there are loads

create a practice schedule and practice it every. day.

every day

learn theory

musictheory.net/

you'll be playing before you know it.

I'd say first thing you do is learn how to play some chords, go here chordie.com/ find a song you like that's not too difficult and play it. It tells you where to put your fingers for the chords in the song.

sorry, I forgot, track your progress with a spreadsheet!

What? It's also a hobby. You don't have to master it to get good.

How would one track progress on a spreadsheet?

There is an App called yousician, it has been working great for me, 10/mo if you like it

Teaches you all the basic stuff , makes you play encreasingly complex songs, teaches you theory, really awesome.

Not really but that kind of depends on what you want to play.