/got/ general

Religion and faith edition

Azor Jon Arryn

based Old Gods

Thank you Uncle Benjen

>Implying the Great Other isn't just an imaginary enemy created by R'hllor to instill fear

Can't wait for the purge and execution of all redcoats.

Nth for Jonsa

desu even if im buying a display sword I want it to be a real sword that could be used, would feel too tacky otherwise

If GRRM hates LOTR so much why did he steal Aragorn?

GRRM has never claimed to hate LOTR

don't get me wrong I love jon but even now aragorn would blow him the fuck out with ease

does anybody know where people get the idea that there's a dragon in the wall? I've heard people say it like it's a credible theory, but I've never seen any actual hints in the books or the show.

God, Kit looks so fucking discount and pathetic when compared against Viggo.

Most men do, especially younger ones. Which is why they went with Viggo, since the actor before him was deemed to young looking for Aragorn.

GRRM loves LotR. He said he loves the ending in particular, which he refers to as bittersweet (the same type of ending he wants), which is why fucktards expecting everyone to die or live a miserable existance in the end are idiots.

Also IIRC Martin specifically criticized Aragorn because you don't see him grow into the man he is. He just kind of is good at everything. Jon is probably meant to be Aragorn + some fuckups as he matures. Remember that Jon is still 17 in the books.

Lol, GRRM's main inspiration for ASOIAF is basically human history + LOTR

well yeah, I know he's numenor but he's like what in his mid-80s when fellowship starts and been fighting all his life

Aragorn's ranger sword is cooler than the one Elrond brings him in Return. Anduril, I think it's called.

While others like Theon, Jaime, Tyrion are more diverse from the beginning and thus more interesting initially, thought they don't grow as much throughout the series.
Sorry, but this was a very stupid comment. Tyrion, Jaime and Theon change and grow dramatically throughout the series. Those men are literally not the same characters any more from AGoT to ADwD, that's how much development they go through.

Not saying Jon doesn't go through character development himself, just pointing out that it was a stupid comment.

Can we please get this thread back on track

Azor Jon

RIP in peace

Not saying they don't grow. Just saying characters like Jon grow much more. Jon was basically a blank slate in the beginning, now he has come into his own, even if what he is now is as diverse as these others were from the start.

>ay yo i'm just going to drop you off right here senpai. U'll be alrigh

>What was Aragorn's tax policy?

kek

why is uncle benjen such a piece of shit

ANDURIL; FLAME OF THE WEST

Because Bran is a fucking faggot and the worst character on the show.

Fuck both the old gods and the new.

The drowned god is objectively the best

whats got you so buttblasted

The Drowned God doesn't exist.

It's the Jonautist.

team old gods now & forever

"thank you uncle benjen"

you could here the sarcasm in his voice.

So what your are saying is god is dead?

The fact that Bran fucking sucks and he looks like a bird.

>Just saying characters like Jon grow much more

Sorry, not seeing it, disagreeing with you here.

Jon changes from a boy to a man. The bastard of Winterfell to the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. It's a good character development, but not comparable to the other three.

Just look at Tyrion in book 5- he's murdered his father and lover, learned the truth about the only woman who lived him in his life, gone into depressive nihilism, his charming drunk personality has now turned into a disgusting alcoholic one, he's now fairly okay with raping sex slaves and threatening rape, even desiring to rape his sister and murder Jaime. He's fucking broken.

Jaime became Goldenhand the Just, he became a better man, he's on the path to knowing how violence and war is bad, how awful his family has been, he's distancing himself away from bad influences like Cersei, and he's trying to do the right thing by bringing peace without blood. Compare that to Jaime in book 1.

Theon goes from being Theon Greyjoy, ward of Winterfell, to the Turncloak, to the Prince of Winterfell then to Reek, then regains his identity as Theon, though he's not the same Theon as before. You can't seriously say that Jon went through more character growth than that.

what is the bottom right one?

>Thank you Uncle Benjen

dothraki

Is Benjen working for the Night's King? Bran had to have filled him in on what happened in the 3ER's cave, and Benjen knows there's magic and shit protecting the wall. They've would've put two and two together and decided fuck crossing the wall, right? Plus he seems almost apologetic the entire time he's with Bran, like he's uncomfortable with what he's doing.

The Great Stallion, I assume

ty google didn't help

Thank you Uncle Benjen

>Thank you Uncle Benjen

>Thank you uncle Benjen

>Thank you, Uncle Benjen

Bran
>Trueborn son of Ned Stark and legal heir to Winterfell
>Can spy on his enemies in person, in both the past, and possibly the future without ever leaving the safety of the Godswood
>Can send psychic dreams to communicate with his allies and mislead his enemies
>Can destroy the minds of his enemies and forcibly bend them to his will
>Is an extremely powerful warg, and possibly the only line of defense against Danaerys and her army of eunuchs and rapists and sellswords
>Can traverse history regardless of distance and can retrieve the secret of Valyrian steel
>While it is possible (though far from certain) that he lacks the ability to produce an heir, he still has living relatives for the throne to pass to in the event of his death. Kings can also legally declare an heir in their will
>Moot point because it is likely he can attach himself to a heart tree and live forever

Jon
>Can walk
>Has experience leading a small group of men. They hated him so much they killed him.
>Has a small pecker

>Thank you, uncle Benjen

>thank you uncle benjen

You mean crossing it after they already crossed it? Unless you mean going back across which is the safest thing for Bran.

Also he's apologetic because he knows he's dead and that he can't be around to see his family. You know the family he still loves and cares about.

>Thank you Uncle Benjen

Bran
>Can't act
>Looks like a bird
>Played by John Oliver

Jon
>Is King in the North.

>>Has a small pecker
sold

my fucking sides

go to bed jonautist

Where my Death at?

>Thank you, Uncle Benjen

>thank you, uncle benjen

>Thank you Uncle Benjen

>thank you, uncle benjen

Death is literally the many faced god.

>Thank you, Uncle Benjen

I stole this post from someone, but I'm going to paraphrase it:

Imagine being that old actress. All the roles you land are grandma this, grandma that. Then you manage to get some work with HBO, you go to the set, and the directions they give you are "stab the fucking shit out of this child." She must have felt like a champ that day.

>Thank you, Uncle Benjen.

>cant act
>not under the jon column

>Linking things nothing to do with Uncle Benjen..

Wew lads.

Jon is a huge Mary Sue, and he is literally Aragorn and Gandalf combined.

Azor Yunkai whore

this is the only thing that had anything to do with uncle benjen. wew lad

Season 7 will start with Jon and Sansa reluctantly fucking awkwardly on Ned & Cat's old bed while LF looks on through a keyhole with his 'little finger' out and dripping. Jon keeps his eyes closed and imagines Ygritte in the throes of death as he methodically pumps his little pecker into his "half-sister's" ginger box. Sansa has a pained look on her face, which only makes Petyr harder. As Jon reaches his bastardly climax, Sansa realizes that once the bastard has filled her with his dirty seed, she will have fulfilled her purpose of being a breeding machine and secured her place as top whore in the north. Jon the bastard empties his fertile load into Sansa's dry cunt, while Peytr spills his onto the cold stone of Winterfell.

Thank you, uncle Benjen.

>Thank you, Uncle Benjen

erection achieved

rip cute milf

Okay:

Start Jon: Jon Snow is the bastard of lord Eddard Stark of winterfell. He loves his half brothers and sisters despise his situation. He resents his standing as bastard and knows he would find no place in winterfell.

Book5 Jon: Jon Snow is the Lord Commander of The Night's Watch. He is man held dawn by his responsibilities, where he has to choose between tradition or what he believe is right. Even then he chooses to believe in himself and push through the disapproval of his sworn brother. He is also a man plagued by the own duty he sworn to uphold, a duty that made him let his brother die, that made him kill his mentor and forsake the woman he came to love. His resent for his duty becomes too much to bear when he is beset by all sides by enemies unseen. He starts to obsess over his lost younger sister, in a vain attempt of escaping his responsibilities. It doesn't matter, in the end he must make the ultimate choice between what he wants to do and what he must.

Start Tyrion: the dawf of house lannister, he is hated by his family, especially his father and sister. His brother Jaime seems the only one to accept. He is good hearted, but understand the world is ugly, thus allowing himself to be driven by his family status and needs, while whoring and drinking his life sorrows away.

Book5 Tyrion: Where do whores go? Is the defining phrase of his new life. Tyrion has forsaken his family, killing his father and estranging the brother that loved him. His lost all hope in life, throwing himself into alcoholic stupor after another, yet he understands that being led on by fate was never the way for him. He must carve his own path if he wants to be anything more than Tywin's lannister dwarf son.

Start Jaime: the lion of lannister hates what he has become, the kingslayer. While he did it for the good, it was clear no one would ever understand. No one except his sister Cersei, she is the only to accept him fully.
Cont

>THANK YOU, UNCLE BENJEN!

>and Gandalf
You're joking, right?

I wish she would have survived dunkirk

This would make a pretty good desktop wallpaper

He is a bird now

agreed
Mind if I save it?

No in the Lord of the Rings Gandalf comes back from the dead and is integral in the battle against evil.

Thank you Uncle Benjen

>Thank you, wise bald Benjen.

I feel that with some characters go through their character arcs faster than others due to their role in the story. Jon had dreams of joining the Night's Watch and fighting alongside his uncle. It was going to be all honor and glory and dreams were crushed.

Also, he never really seems to want power, but it's always arriving at his doorstep. So we see this bastard come from nothing to something. Same with Dany. She also started from the bottom and now she's a fucking Queen. Jon is now a King. Jon of S1 could not handle that role as the same for S1 Dany. They both have come a long way.

That being said, let's not act as if everyone loved Theon in the beginning. He was a piece of shit who betrayed Rob, the Starks, and the people of Winterfell and only got what was coming to him. People like him now, because how he is trying to get back up from his huge fall.

>Thank you, Uncle Benjen

>Thank you uncle Benjen

Will Jon be down for a threesome, or would he be too territorial?

that one on the left is especially the worst

i'm sure he's not but he seems retarded and doesnt know shit about the lore or backstory

>THANK YOU UNCLE BENJEN!

Jon might not want to, but the other two will want to do it and wanting to be honorable, he will take responsibility and make them both come as hard he can.

Actually, he's studied the lore to a pretty high academic level, desu.

>tfw I desire a Kit and Emilia love scene
>mfw I've become a JonxDany shipper

well then he learns to be more eloquent
maybe I'm just being prejudiced because of his accent

>Thank you, Benjen

And indulging in her toxic love the only life someone like him live now. She is what he has, and he'll fight for her to the end.

Book5 Jaime: Jaime has found himself again in the remind of his duty by Lady Catelyn stark. Maybe Jaime made mistakes in the past, but that doesn't mean he to live by then. Jaime seeks not to return to the boy he was fifteen years ago, but to become the man he dreamed back then. Becoming aware of the horrible person his sister is he reflects on his own life and how much he let himself be led by his own desires.

Start Theon: He is the arrogant ward of Lord Stark. No one is above him and he believes himself equal to his stark foster brother, who he truly loves. He is insecure and egoistic and not above doing the unthinkable to prove himself.

Book5 Theon: Theon has learned the price of ego. If he was bad, there's worse people. His loyalty was misplaced and he's is paying dearly. He has everything taken from him, from his pride to his own personality. Theon who had lost everything, even his name. Yet being home again has reminded him who his real family was and what he must do to regain even the tiny bit of himself again.

That's my analysis.

Season Six character rankings

God Tier
>Based Mace the fookin' Ace
>Fake Ned Stark

Good Tier
>Blackfish
>Jaime
>Edmure
>High Sparrow
>Qybern
>The Waifu
>Hodor
>Walder Frey
>Ser Davos
>Tormund
>Ramsay
>Smalljon Umber
>Melly Sanders
>CIA
>Jorah the Andal
>Theon
>Lady Crane
>Wun Wun
>Lady Olenna
>Varys

Acceptable Tier
>Jon Snow
>Yara
>Daario
>Nigga Viserion
>Mascara Slavers
>Meera
>Sweet Girl lady
>Jaqen
>Brienne
>Osha
>Three Eyed Raven
>Leaf
>Uncle Benjen
>Tommen
>Cersei
>Lancel
>Mountain zombie
>Septa Unella
>Massa Doran in his cameo
>Khalmart brand Drogo

We didn't want to pay them so we gave them no lines tier
>Olly
>Rickon

Garbage Tier
>Kelly C
>Meme Dwarf
>Grey Worm
>Missandei
>Salsa
>Sneks
>Fuccboi of Highgarden
>That penis with the warts on it
>Euron Bigcock
>Momma Snek and the gang
>Dayne
>Lil Ned
>Promise me, Lyanna
>Babby Lyanna
>Babby Hodor

Absolute Shit tier
>Bran

Stannis would save us from this shit ;_;7

He also pronounces the character names wrong pretty frequently. On the after the episode for Wind of Winter he calls Tommen TOE-Min