Just listened to this. Was I memed on?

Just listened to this. Was I memed on?

It's not bad or anything, it's kinda good but I didn't really enjoy it and I'm not sure how you're supposed to.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LpHgG4jILa0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't like it either. supposedly you have to listen to it like 10 times to "get" it or something, but I don't think I have the willpower

go kys if you can't appreciate that find piece of work

its like anything else the more you listen to it the more conditioned to the sound you are, and then you can begin further enjoying beefhart's personality

I can understand that. however, I don't really enjoy any aspect of this album so I don't really see myself listening to it again

I heard acid basically unlocked the album for a lot of people.

I might be a pleb, because I really like Beefheart's more accessible stuff like I'm Glad or Electricity.

If I have to listen to it multiple times just to condition myself to the sound, then I don't actually like it.

Seeing the music played helped it make more sense me

youtube.com/watch?v=LpHgG4jILa0

Had never heard of this until now, found the first track incredibly grating but am now 40 mins in and actually haven't minded it since then.

In saying that, despite the complexity of the compositions it ironically feels like 'easy listening'. Can't see myself giving it more than 7/10.

cant wait for your full review and final score!

legitimately the first honest review of this album I have ever seen.

DUDE ACID LMAO

people shit all over The Pod but fucking meme and cream all over this trouts face. As someone who enjoys both but understands they are not by any means accessible to the adjusted ear, i dont fucking get it

What a narrow minded stance.

Things that helped me into Trout Mask Replica:
1. Listening to Beefheart's other albums.
2. Watching their live performances
3. Listening to the most accessible songs on the album first.
4. Dude weed lmao

cacophony, neoprimitivism and dadaism.
it's nothing you don't get, it's what it is. Take it as you want.

That sounds like Stockholm Syndrome

Not narrow minded at all. Narrow minded is forcing yourself to like it so you can shitpost it here.

It definitely rewards repeated listening.

FAST AND BULBOUS!!!

m8, if I don't like something, and I have to force myself to listen to it multiple times just to get used to the sound, then I don't actually like it. At most, I'm just conditioned to it to the point where it's a normality.

Great shot of the drummers foot. But I've actually never watched them perform before.