>put Punisher in a bat-suit
>call him Batman

What did Snyder mean by this?

objectively shit movie.

let's move on.

Bale has a higher killcount.

maybe in American Psycho.

but not as Batman.

I wouldnt go so far as to call him The Punisher, more like instigated into using lethal force with the car, but yes its still rather weird for Batman. Its not the image you want to begin with when building a shared comic universe. Actually come to think of it hes a lot like Burton Batman: he murders the fuck out of people with vehicles.
>Car blows up chemical factory with thugs inside
>Batwing shoots thugs but somehow misses Joker

Burned down a huge dojo and everyone in it in Batman Begins.

>rams car and smashes it
>grapples car, drags it, tosses it onto another car
>fires turret at people in truck
What did he mean by this?

he wasn't Batman then.

>superman never wondered why or who was trying to smear his image
>lex never took advantage of superman to increase batman's paranoia (as in making it seem like he was a hired hand to protect lex's cargo which is why he showed up to stop batman but let the henchmen go)
move was poorly written tbqh. Zynder was too preoccupied with creating imagery and symbolism and forgot about telling a coherent good story. Bruce Wayne/Batman was the closest thing he got right.

a single punch to the head can kill a guy
and batman is stronger than your average guy, how the hell does this meme come into play

batman would've killed lots of guys already from punching them in the head

Except that he's a master martial artist and knows exactly hos hard to punch and where.

Bateman never killed anyone though.

except if a guy is unconscious, that is already too strong

>obliterates guy with Batmobile machine gun

what is with US comic books and
>MUH KILLING
yet they idolize their army and police

That's not accurate at all, characters like The Punisher are all about killing people. It's just that someone like Batman or Superman has a code of ethics that goes against killing.
Sometimes. Other times they don't. But lots of people don't like those other times.

Anyone else have this train of thought during the car chase?
>Ok they could be o- and now he used the grapple hook. Theyre dead.
>Theyre crushed by his first victims
>Alright he didnt shoot the gattling guy...AND HE JUST DEMOLISHED THAT CAR INTO NOTHING
>Grazing the truck...........and now that one guy is gone.......hes stuck under the car isnt he?

I could watch this review a hundred times, it never gets old
youtube.com/watch?v=ImFQZ7-TKqM

He covers basically everything, his rambling is so interesting the time flies. At least for me.

>41 minutes
This better be good, user.

After five minutes it becomes clear if you will like it or not. Its not an analysis video, he is just talking about it maybe like Red Letter Media would.

>RLM
So Plinkett or just Mike/Jay rambling?

Yeah, exactly how I went through the movie.
>okay, MAYBE the turrets on his car aren't like TECHNICALLY guns or something
>shoots people with rifle later on in movie

Like Mike and Jay but he is very much a different person than them.

He does it immediately after refusing to kill a man.

this desu

You cant count the dream/alternate future. But yes the car chase/plane is completely valid. You could even make the argument that Bats killed that one warehouse guy when throwing that box

I always thought Batman should be allowed to kill. I know him not killing is one of his defining traits, but considering most of his violent criminals keep busting out of Arkham Asylum I wouldn't hold it against him.

Especially the Joker. Most of Batman's problems would be solved if he just started killing people, though he'd probably have the police force against him too. He should be smart and rich enough to get away with it though.

>still not as badass as Cap

That's why it's all such a maddening circle of events, especially with the Joker. It's the point of the story.
Not to mention the amount of internal conflict Batman has. He needs to have a code to control himself and separate himself from the bad guys, but he finds himself wanting to do it more and more, and often doesn't know what to do with himself.

He doesn't care about killing, he doesn't want to be an executioner.

There's also no proof anyone died, these are assumptions.

The worst thing is that Batman's decision to kill Superman would've had so much more weight if Snyder hadn't already made him a casual mass murderer.

Awesome: Superman is such a threat to humanity that it actually drives Batman to break his #1 rule

Snyder: Superman is such a threat to humanity that Batman decides to add him to the body count

Haven't seen the movie. Why the fuck is batman wearing a trenchcoat over his batsuit and why is he holding an assault rifle?

it's a vision from an alternate future induced by flash time traveling.

meme sequence

This.
This is how it was meant to be.
It's such a disappointment that Snyder did this.

What a guy.

this so much

don't forget the branding, OP

The idea of Batman going around branding people was hilarious.
Why did they think this made sense or could be taken seriously??

I was terrified at him in and out of the suit throughout the entire film. Batman was a complete "redpilled" mess. I loved how they made him the disturbing villain Superman needs to redeem. Really it felt fantastic to be truly frightened by Batman in a movie theater.

>waaaaah baby want batgod baby want bat sue

Really makes you think

this
not muh Batmanfags are the worst kind of plebs

>There's a safe way to punch people until they pass out

gets it. Batman has at the very least put someone into a coma, probably several people, just from brutalizing them with his fists. What does it matter if he uses a gun or a fucking car. He kills people inadvertently.

>That's right! We have hospitals to treat the mentally ill with compassion, but that's not where you're going. I arranged for you to get a transfer to Arkham Asylum in Gotham. I have friend there. They're expecting you.
This bit gave me massive gooseflesh.

Still less sadistic than Burton's Batman.

Batman? BATMAN!? Heh, more like BADMAN!

Dream sequence/vision of the future where Darkseid takes over Earth and Superman turns evil.

Batman's reasoning made no sense though.

>LMAO this guy turned on his own kind to save us, and spends his days saving people from disasters and shit. He's clearly a threat to mankind.

Batman 89 was not a Batman movie, it was a Tim Burton movie.

>not part of a cinematic universe so it doesn't count!
Yes it does. It's the definitive Batman movie. Or at least was for 20 years until The Dark Knight.

Superman caused a lot of collateral damage. Also Lex's been messing with Bruce for 2+ years (according to that rooftop scene).

Also there is no contrast to their personalities, they are both stoic and pissed all the time.

sooo...

>it WAS the definitive Batman movie until Nolan raised up from the earth like a god and showed the mortals was art is/was

IF Batmans just wanted to show Superman he could kill him, that humans could defend themselves without him, it would have made more sense.

>Superman caused a lot of collateral damage.

Cause Batman didn't cause any damage when he was chasing that truck, right? Collateral damage has always been a dumb argument when the alternative was the death of every man, woman and child on the planet.

it's not a coincidence that keaton and affleck have been the best onscreen batmans

To be fair all of Batman's victims were criminals.

Superman's one (1) victim was a mass murderer.

God of bad direction, editing and exposition.

>nearly obliterated an entire city in Man of Steel
>1 victim
Yeah sure.

Oh, I thought we were talking about Superman, not Zod.

>nutted but she still suckin'

except that he also kills and marks for death, people outside of the batmobile

It's a horrible adaptation that ended up being a good movie.

Horrible, just awful as a Batman movie.

And in Batman Begins, the dude caused an horrific pile-up of cop cars by tossing explosives at them, for having the nerve to do their jobs and pursue him.

>greatest detective investigates Superman for 2 years
>can't figure out that he's Clark Kent

>reporter Clark Kent investigates Batman in the city next door
>doesn't recognize billionaire Bruce Wayne when he meets him

Movie was a fucking mess.

>Metropolis is a few miles away from Gotham

You dumb

If Wayne figures out that Superman is Clark Kent then who fucking cares? He's fucking Superman. Is Batman going to sneak up on Superman?

His identity was meaningless to Batman's goal. Stop hating.

He never met Batman in person until the car chase. And there's nothing to suggest said that he DIDN'T recognize Bruce under the mask.

>Who's that?
>You live under a rock?
>Yes.
>That's Bruce Wayne. You call yourself a journalist who is human and was born on Earth?
>Yes.

If you're referring to the party, I meant his Batman persona.

Haha, epic Twitter meme friend. XD

You said there's nothing to suggest Clark didn't recognize Bruce under his mask.

When they met at the party they clearly had no idea who the other one was, despite the mental gymnastics necessary to believe that.

BvS is not a Batman movie. It is a Snyder KINO.

none of this is relevant to the movie

this.

Dont worry, it was just Tear-Gas ammo.

Don't you mean rubber bullets?

KINO
I
N
O

fact is ,there are a few story arcs were batman kills. Or at least, he doesn't care if some criminal scum dies.

>fact is ,there are a few story arcs were batman kills.

Got any proof that's not from some gold or silver age comic?

>If Wayne figures out that Superman is Clark Kent then who fucking cares?

Well, if Batman figures out that Superman has actually been living among man this whole time, and in fact, had just met the guy a day or so ago, then the entire fight would have been unnecessary, as Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent could just talk it out

Which is another reason why this Batman was just Punisher in a bat-suit: Batman does very little actual detective work

Heck, if Batman had done like 5 minutes of research into Clark Kent(which of course he'd do, because he's FUCKING BATMAN, THE WORLD'S GREATEST DETECTIVE, WHO HAS A FILE ON EVERYONE HE MEETS, even a nobody reporter), he'd have realized that Clark's mother is also named Martha, and instead of getting fucking triggered, he could put 2 and 2 together and deduce Superman's identity when Superman calls out Martha's name

you mean ones from alternate realities or literally 70 years ago?

How about he would find out that his mom's name is Martha.

you told them kid!

imho best batman

Don't remember that people liked this particular Batman either.

What the actual fuck is this? I thought people were just joking about it.

You should give it a watchm Ultimate cut obviously.

my nigga
literally Arkham knight: the movie

Batman's motives for fighting superman in this movie are more in line with Lex from the comics. it's really weird.

>Arkham knight: the movie
Ah yes, Arkham Knight. The game that took the great series and turned it into "you gotta drive the car now, because isn't it just awesome?".

i enjoyed all arkham games including arkham knight and batmobile, only thing i hated in last game was almost no boss fight and Fucking ps4 exclusive scarecrow dlc

>Riddler is now about driving the car
They took it too far with that. Also
>Arkham Knight is a new character
>really, it's pretty obvious he's Jason
>nah he's a new character
>okay
>it's still just Jason
Still mad.

im not a sperg