Can we discuss JAWS

Can we discuss JAWS
I think it might be my favorite movie of all time

It was a great movie for it's budget but lacked in some places for story. The interaction of the dad and son was genuinely one of the most touching scenes in movie history, but started one of the worest PR campaigns for the wildlife in history.

It's proof that movie should have responsibility, but at the same time it was a budget film.

I think it was fantastic, and one of the first blockbuster horror movies of all time, making it an important classic.

It gave sharks a bad name

>movie should have responsibility
Explain? It's not like the movie demonizes all sharks, just this one monster shark
Just effective filmmaking

It's not like the movie demonizes all sharks, just this one monster shark
Just effective filmmaking

And what of people who have little/no experiences with sharks and only have what the movie tells them?

Can we discuss how underrated the cinematography is in this movie? The natural sunlight is absolutely gorgeous.

Where did they film it again? some artificial lagoon? I can't remember

It didn't. The audience reaction gave people that impression when that wasn't actually the case with the movie. It made drama and terror out of a single shark and it's attacks, and audiences either falsely assumed the film was giving all sharks a bad name or were so spooked by it that they feared sharks in general. Either way simply watching Jaws makes it very clear that the movie wasn't demonizing general shark-ness, but in a way it's legacy did.

The land shots were on Martha's vineyard in Massachusetts I believe, but I don't know where they shot the open water scenes.

Is this bait? It's not the movies fault that ignorant people exist. Do you want the movie to start with a documentary on sharks before the opening credits

Opening scene had nice lighting

It was the late 70s....people thought that anything they saw in movies was true (Amity Horror) and especially when the movie explicitly says that Sharks are killing machines who won't stop feeding

They spend the whole movie talking about shark attacks, fear mongering sharks, even capturing a shark that seem to have swallowed a car, and have the entire town shark hunting like that's normal.

They really are an important part of the ecosystem that needs to be preserved and only a small amount are dangerous/deadly to humans.

It painted a false flag pictures, but it's not there was shark week back then.

It's a movie that did a lot more damage to people then you can imagine. Sharks only attack humans for specific reasons.

It was just an irresponsible film. It is what it is, but it had some really interesting moments. Some really HUMAN moments but some fatal flaws. I think it's a movie that made horror famous, that's it's best trait.

>when the movie explicitly says that Sharks are killing machines

Well, that is true of 3 specific shark species, one of which is the great white (other two are tiger sharks and bull sharks). It's a known maneater

What I always think when watching it is the opening scene had a lot potential. We don't really know the first couple but they make them relatable in a 2d character way, but after their death it's not really mentioned much after.

It's a movie that made death seem more of an inconvenience. It went through the being quickly at least which was good, but it doesn't meld with the rest of the movie.

It felt like it was tacked on last minute.

The rest of the movie is so well done it's hard to hate it.

checked

>and only a small amount are dangerous/deadly to humans.
Both of the shark species shown in the movie are maneaters.

This 2bh

Showed a shark acting in an unsharklike manner causing irrational fear of them

And how often do they eat someone? 99% of shark attacks the person survives because the shark is just testing to see if we are food, and once they take a nip and realize we taste nothing like a delicious seal they leave

You're gonna need a bigger guy

>but after their death it's not really mentioned much after.
No. You are wrong. Watch the movie

Bump