I get the feeling that this won't be as good as Plastic Beach or Demon Days but much better than their s/t

I get the feeling that this won't be as good as Plastic Beach or Demon Days but much better than their s/t

I'm not feeling optimistic tbqh sepai

but s/t is their best album

That album art is fucking horrendous

I'm loving all of the songs to be honest, they always seem to change their style with every album they make and this is no exception. Despite this it's still a very Gorillaz type of music.
That is very true, it's horrible

Im loving all the songs and the art work. Gorillaz are always on point damn feels
>Humanz

I'm expecting that it'll be their worst. And yes, I do remember that The Fall exists.

I never listened to The Fall and I almost never heard of it irl.
Is it worth checking out ?

I can't wait to hear what Anthony has to say about this

liam gallagher is in gorillaz?

Artwork might have to get me to fall in love with it, yet however I already pre-ordered the super delux vinyl box set so im hoping that its not that bad on a cover

This album is a mix of JUST and decent tracks.
fucking agree
no.

Andromeda is pretty good, clicked with me right on the first listen as opposed to the other songs which I didn't really like so much

>murdock isn't green anymore
dropped

There are some ok songs desu, but it's not their best

The only thing I sincerely like from all the tracks shown so far is the back half of Saturnz Barz. The rest is subpar to mediocre.

why are they turning 2d into a crossdresser?

I'd love to hear an album in "Do Ya Thing" style, that song is top tier

I'm feeling it's gonna be demon days all over again tbqh

both the songs i've heard have been bad

Demon Days sounded far drearier than this set of songs. The subject matter wasn't really any darker but it FELT darker. I see more commonalities with Plastic Beach and the S/T in all honesty.

Seriously disappointed.

Okay, the gorillaz have had pop and pop flavoured stuff on their previous releases, but 3 out of the 4 releases yesterday went overboard with that.

You had us transported 10 years into the past with autotune and chiddy bang style guy-who-just-came-out-of-college style rap for two of them, and then the generic motivational song for we got the power. Little to no creativity apart from in the animated music video for saturnz barz.

The only acceptable song was andromeda because it offered something moody and introspective, and the instrumental was obviously plantasia inspired (a direct sample from the album if I'm not wrong)

Even if 3/4 songs were SUPPOSED to be generic to make a statement (ascension especially) it just didn't work for me. I won't really be holding my breath for the album release, but I'l give it a listen anyway.

Demon Days is not that good either