Ask a professional Chef anything about food or cooking

Ask a professional Chef anything about food or cooking.

Do you like being a dishwasher ?

Steve, go to bed.

I'm not but that is how I started and no I didn't like it.

You call that a meal? It's barely an appetiser

Under what circumstances/factors does heavy cream curdle and how do you rpevent it? Love making cream-based sauces to accompany meat dishes, but I kinda suck at it.

what's your favorite food to jizz in at work?

dont boil it keep low heat

Do you intentionally fancy up the presentation just so you can try to justify charging 30 buck a plate?

Fat AmeriKan detected

what do you think of my food? it's potato and beef with salt.

Whats the best way to cook a steak and why is it medium-well?

Rudest customer?

Potatoes and beef, my two favorite foods. Looks good to me.

Do you ever get tired of fussy food and just go for the simple good stuff?

>I stopped an old man along the way
>Hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies
>He turned to me as if to say,
>"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you"
>It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
>There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
>I bought some slaves down in Africa
>Gonna take some time to do the things we never had

well a few...if not fresh but i suspect you're cooking it on too high heat...slow and low try it out
good luck

yours when you come to dine

somewhat

I recently made a lamb shoulder roast for the first time, garlic and rosemary.
I absolutely loved it, but I've never had lamb any other way. Lamb wasn't a thing for me growing up so this was also the first time I tried it. Do you have any good recommendations for recipes? Cause I want to make lamb a common thing in me and my 2 roommate's home. Neither of them like to cook so it's falls on me.

OP here..quite frankly mate...my mouth is watering...as long as that beef is med-med rare....lovely

Typically someone that orders but wants to give their own opinion on what to add or not to...making their own recipe....Fuck Off....you are in my restaurant.

>My opinion is right.

How many different languages can you call co-workers "faggot" in?

all the time!!!

lamb burgers are lovely and this time of year, shepherd's pie using lamb

How does it feel to know that my steaks are so much better than yours that I have to hide your shit steaks in a1 sauce to ignore your lack of ability?

What hazing, if any, did you experience early in your career?

0...I'm not AmeriKan

This steak is clearly undercooked and this is a health hazard if you work at a restaurant. You're a bad chef.

What's your favourite meal to cook and what's your favourite meal to eat?

you have no idea what you are talking about, do you?

Cooking our meat is what makes it nutritive and safe. This isn't deep science stuff dude. That's just how we survived.

Not a chef but cook here, how mamy hours/week? In wich type of restaurant you work ( i mean traditional,gastro...)?

What's your food cost percentage?

how good are you are at cooking jews?

How the fuck is that supposed to fill anyone up? Let me guess, that plate is 50 dollars?

great question
fav meal to cook....eggs benny or beef wellington
fav to eat spaghetti and meatballs or lasagna
smoked salmon a close second

>Ask anything about food
If I cook my shit, will it taste as good or better than the shit you cook?

Shepherds pie always uses lamb anyway

50-60 tradition local Canadian West Coast
All our food is supplied within 100 klms thru out the year so our menu always changes depending on the time of year....good question, thankyou

low and slow

In Europe true, but not North America

Why does it matter how you eat the food you make? You're just gonna shit it put anyway.

Interesting. I'm honestly sick of lasagna/spaghetti or even most pasta dishes in general. Beef wellington however, could eat that shit all day.

Why is it so fucking hard to cook an egg?

Which is your restaurant? How is it called and where is it?

If you make it say with it then becomes cottage pie

what do you mean?

If you make it say with beef it then becomes cottage pie

What are the sharp bones in fish fillets called and what is the best method to remove them?

That chicken looks a bit overdone to me. I like my chicken rare.

The instant mash looks très bon it has to be said.

dumbass

I wanna stick my dick in that food

Could be funnier, but I got a small kek out of it.

What do you do if the dishwasher breaks down during the dinner rush?

Threaten to send them back to China or Mexico, depending on what part of the world you're cooking in.

What's the name of the part on the stove that pots and pans sit on top of?

KEK
E
K

they are called sharp bones
remove with tweezers

Here's a question for MR Chef senpai
i really love pasta carbonara but I can never get the right texture from the eggs in the sauce, is there a secret?

Lots of questions that any real chef would know, but Google wouldn't, going unanswered here. Rookie line cook (at best) LARPing as a chef detected.

im not chef but i know the secret. pan must not be too hot when u add eggs, so they won't scramble because of hottiness. stir the eggs with fork beforehand of course.

Best cut of bluefin? Second best?

what is a good cheap knife set for kitchen use?

tips for vegetable stir fry? I've been using veggies an shit in sesame oil with some soy sauce. is bretty good

Pin bones

Lamb stew, use 1 inch by 1 inch lamb to cook faster. Marinate Lamb an hour with guiness, lemon, rosemary chopped garlic salt and pepper. I do mushrooms onions and potatoes with these. Anyways seperate lamb from guiness juice before cooking. Pre heat pan, make sure your pan is hot before you add the oil. As soon as pan is hot drop the oil,sear the lamb pieces lower the heat. Flip the lamb till golden brown on most sides. When the bottom of the pan stars to brown use your guiness sauce to deglaze the pan and reduce the guiness. I usually have a prepared beef stock at this point to add to lamb as it slow cooks in the background. I cook the vegetables to go into the lamb. Sautee your potatoes,onions and mushroom. Deglaze that pan with either left over guiness or some of the beef stock. Cook till tender season with salt and pepper to taste. If the potatoes and reducing does not thicken you can use cornstarch and water mixed. Butter and flour mix or a little bit of tomato paste( paste has a little bitter and acidic taste so I recommend adding a little brown suagr to even out)
Lamb tenderloins you can grill like a steak and as tender as a tenderloin steak. You can do steak spice for this make sure to do it dry or it will stick to your grill.
Rack of lamb french cut lemon, rosemary, salt pepper and garlic. Grill or roast best served with onion rings make sure medium rare. If you want well done it might be tough. Alot of lamb now adays are mechanically softened ao it ahould be fine. A little expensive taste you got there.

I have a boneless, precooked ham but no foil. Should I throw it in my crockpot?

Your basically making custard so the one who told you not to cook at high heat is right. You can always cook the sauce first and mix it into the eggs gradually untill it has mixed with the dairy base. Dont dump it all in just slowly pour a bit into the egg and bowl mix and repeat until mixed all together, then toas into your past and finiah cooking.

anything?

Cheap, Nella and they will sharpen it for you. Truth be told learn to sharpen a knife take a class buy a stone and any knife your comfy with will be your best knife. You can turn a cheap knife into a great knife. Knife +stone + skill...+5 attack

Any day you would not recommend going to a restaurant, if you want fresh food?

Other than not ordering well done to get the old meat. But at that point you would probably deserve it anyway.

Three sink method.

If you learn to properly fillet a fish you will have no bones left over , watch a video take a class at your local grocery store. Unless its milk fish then its all bone

This is wrong you don't cook carbonara sauce before.. it's just a mixture of Parmigiano-Reggiano and eggs. Which you add to your drained pasta and then add cooking water from the pasta to get your desired consistency. And it's nothing like custard ..

Try adding your egg after the pan jas been preheated make sure if not nonstick itcovers a good aurface of the pan add the eggs to where the oils are.

what sauce u like to cook more?

Ok I worded that wrong. But when you do a dou le boiler and your making fresh cistardyou gradually add the eggs correct, ao I am showing him an easy eay to do it without making scrambled eggs

Oh your going traditional italian using the starch from the pasta

favorite fast food?

Best recipe for pizza dough you know?

How do you know when your steak is rare, and not just raw?
I come from a family where the only steak available is "fucking nuked until you can't eat the bastard", so I'd like to be able to cook my own.

Time up spongebob: 1. Otoro 2. Chutoro.

Why can't chefs take their time and cook a steak fucking properly, nice and tender, low and slow...
not charred on the outside and pink on the inside ...
If i want black on the outside and pink on the inside I'll eat out yo momma...

practise. you get it, when you have done it thousand times.

i don't have the money for a thousand steaks nigger

i want to suck on this this in my mouth

It is not wrong. There is alot of wrong ways of cooking things but there is a thing called growing with your industry and learning different ways of doing things. I am gueasing your the type of chef who thinks everything is wrong unless it is done your way. How do you think others chefs are different from others, by different recipes and cooking Methods. My title at work is senior Dining service Director Northeast Division I handle 27 locations from north carolina to Quebec. I use to be a line cook I use to be a sous Chef a working chef and an executive chef. The one thing that let me stand out was learning different ways of cooking. I have had so many mentors and one thing they always say...is grow dont be stuck in the way you were taught in school. Cooking is not a one path man its different paths. Learn from others.

What's the difference between a cornish hen and a chicken?

noice. Detroit style

Depends on your restaurant. Most restaurants want you so a next group can yake your table. Fine dining is a waiting game

is well done the best way to serve a steak and why yes?

I want to take a huge solid, one-piece fuckng shit.
I don't care what it is, really

Bonus points if it's a one wiper

Will deliver results

No. Your are correct that there are different techniques. But carbonara is carbonara if you make the sauce different for instance adding cream it's no longer carbonara you've changed the recipe .

Totol fucking idiot. A proper rare steak is nearly black on the outside and raw/warm on to inside. For a 1 inch steak you do 60 seconds per side over a 600 degree open hardwood coal/ flame.

Why do you have to cook chicken extremely thoroughly, but steak you can get away with basically just searing it (if you're a faggot that likes it blue)

I'm surprised not to see blood in the toilet, that's bigger than most dildos, and most dildos are bigger than most dicks, did they give themselves a lube enema or something before taking that dump or are they just loose as a goose?

well done is pretty gud but best done is the best way.