Sup Forums suddenly hates gorillaz

>Sup Forums suddenly hates gorillaz
For what purpose? The new tracks are dope.

I know you kinda have to phrase threads as bait to get some responses, but the people that like Gorillaz still like Gorillaz and the people that don't probably don't.

contrarianism

Sup Forums is full of contratians who think they'll get cool kid credits for hating on popular music

Actually the new songs are just bland and forgettable

>Autists who can't believe someone would dislike music because they actually dislike it
It's a strange concept, I know, but it happens

Actually 3 of the 4 new songs are pretty good, with Andromeda being one of their best recent works.

Sup Forums is contrarian because it's cool, you're all cowards who are afraid to voice an positive opinion because you have thin skin and cant take the criticism.

sorry they aren't sampling cats getting raped to catch ur attention desu.

they made a percieved slight to the sitting united states president
this site is currently infested with edgy politics nerds who aren't even old enough to vote who violently hate anyone with an opinion even slightly different to them
like lol there's someone in the ultra thread whining about the festival being sponsored by ghost in the shell because it's an 'sjw film'
his reasoning? scarlett johanssen is a feminst
like good fucking luck enjoying anything ever you stupid fucking faggots
like someone should make a point to point out every single fucking piece of media/entertainment that has the involvement of anyone with non-Sup Forums views and watch them all fucking kill themselves as they realize they have nothing left

It's not sudden, and the new tracks are getting mixed reception which is understandable.
Although I don't know why someone would hate the rest of what Gorillaz has done.

I'd write you an essay

How can you call anyone underage when you lack punctuation and start every sentence with "like"? Shouldn't you be in school?

Christ that's some major projection you've got there lad.

Probably a newfag, they're always the ones who come here screaming about contrarians

i type in a vernacular way because i'm not a gross nerd like you, lmbo using punctuation on Sup Forums
also sometimes it works to bait faggots, you for instance
like ideally id not even use apostrophes but it's like a built in function of my fingers now
like like like like like ;)
oh also i never used the term 'underage' but thanks buddy nice punctuation by the way i'm sure your teacher is proud

I came into the new tracks with an open mind. All 4 of them are bland and unoriginal. Stop using the haha ur contrarian excuse to excuse bad music.

He's still right tho. I fucking hate the state of this board. Well I always have but it just seems so much worse with all this alt-right shit that seemingly infests every single thread now

>caring about grammar and punctuation rather than valuable ideas
you aren't underage, you're just a pseudo-intellectual 20-something antihipster

like being counter-culture but without any of the imagination

>ugh I don't know why someone would hate the rest of what Gorillaz has done.
Because they epitomise the nepotism and closed doors policy of UK culture that has gone on for over 20 years
that has led us to a wasteland.

There's nothing left as these people have to have everything always all of the time

Except I voiced a positive opinion about something, which is exactly what I am criticizing you of.

You of course don't have to like this album, but I would bet money that you just roam this board shitposting unimaginative criticisms rather than actually having the incredibly, monumentally small amount of courage required to have an opinion that is anything but vaguely critical.

Prove me wrong, all it takes is a unique opinion. What's something that you like? If you answer this facetiously then all you do is prove my point.

ok that's a reason

>ou of.
>You of course don't have to like this album
It's not even the music anymore, it's the people and their influence

You know that bbc program clique? Do you think it's them coming to terms with it?

why us noodle dressing up like a slut

>I voiced a positive opinion about something, which is exactly what I am criticizing you of.
You are criticizing someone for criticizing something you expressed a positive opinion about?
Your leaps of logic to conclude to what you are saying only show how much you are projecting there. He is right
Never thought of that.. Always saw the bright side that they always bring something fresh in music.

What age is someone who isn't allowed to vote, assuming they're legal citizens?

What wasteland?

I think its more like most people don't care too much about them except for the obvious fans. When a new album comes out, there is so much hype, especially media hype, because its a very mainstream project that makes about one album every half a decade. So obviously when this new album is making its way out, many people beyond just regular fans are going to check it out and give their 2cents. With that in mind its not a surprise you will see generally more negative views as many more people who are not even into the project or even perhaps the styles within the project will voice their opinions.

>these mental gymnastics because you can't deal with someone disliking something you like
I like Frances the Mute btw before you go on an autistic spergfest because I didn't answer your question

lol this annoys you doesn't it
here's an alternative question:
why are you making such an irrelevant part of my argument out to be the argument
is it because it's the only thing you can attempt to refute?
is it because i'm right there anyway and yet this is Sup Forums so no one can prove their age so you figured it's time to latch onto that because i suck at everything?
i think it's that one
fucking hell mate i'm trying to make a sandwich

i escaped from the uk like 10 years ago but what's all this about
the only thing i can think of is how british tv has turned to shit
music scene is still great particularly if you're into /bleep/ genres which you should be since it's the only good kind of music anymore
the mainstream culture in every country is by definition closed doors and fueled by nepotism

>if you don't like band starring old le Britpop man out of touch with 500 features ur contrarian!!

lol ok

YOU HAVE NOT MADE AN ARGUMENT.

Lmao he's right tho. Andromeda is okay but the rest are disposable ESPECIALLY that jamaican song

>/bleep/ genres
>the only good kind of music anymore
fuck off underage

EDM is trash

Read his first post senpai. Dude who responds to him(probably you) completely ignores what he says and starts talking about how he types.

EDM isn't anything to do with /bleep/, you're getting confused

I found a lot of great music from this board years ago, and just made my first thread since like 2012 and got some cool recommendations. Keep in mind that it got one response, but it was a very thorough, well thought out message. This board is always going to contain actual children and people who just want to discover and discuss music. No one in this thread should feel any type of way about the state of this board because in my experience it's pretty much always been the same.

I'm just glad The Tourist is gone

Ignore him, he's trolling

There's nothing actually worth responding to in that post. It's on the same level as 'lol contrarians'.

Gorillaz tries way too hard to appeal to hipster retards, and the people that like them ultimately are. They haven't released anything catchy since their self titled.

he says, responding to posts
i think my post offends your sensibilities so much you don't want to consider it
hell not only did i have an argument i had a fucking solution
you fucked it mate
still haven't made that sandwich

Older Gorillaz songs we're more memorable, I can see myself forgetting about these in about a week especially saturnz barz with those bad auto-tune/reggae vocals

You're not that painter bloke that does the crows and things are you?

>he says, responding to posts
Reading must be hard. I said there's nothing worth responding to in your original post since it goes on an off-topic rant in a shitty attempt to justify why someone wouldn't like the new Gorillaz tracks. It's amazing the shit people will come up with when they can't deal with the fact that someone doesn't like some they do.

Here's something to think about. I don't like the new tracks because they aren't anything special or worth listening to again. Hope you don't hurt yourself trying to comprehend that.

yeah dude if you don't suck the Gorilla dick you are a contrarian.... fan boyz are fags

See

Why are you responding to me so defensively in the first place if you claim you don't fit into the group i identified?
>Reading must be hard.
types this without a single shred of self awareness

also i wasn't even talking about gorrillaz, in fact i forgot this thread was about them, i was talking about Sup Forums in general
haven't even listened to the new album lol
defensive little shit

>Although I don't know why someone would hate the rest of what Gorillaz has done.
really?

OH MY GOD I DIDN'T NOTICE YOU USED THE TERM 'OFF TOPIC'
ON Sup Forums OF ALL PLACES
LAUGHIN MA BALLS INTO THE WALLS

I hate Gorillaz because they do not make music. They make an image. An image to be sold to teens looking for an identity and develomentally stunted young adults who throughout a quarter of their lifetime still haven't managed to develop a personality or identity of their own. The image it sells is edgy looking yet safe. Wacky yet serious and mature at the same time. It's still cartoony, dumb and enjoyable, but it's not actionman and spiderman kind of thing, these guys wear jeans and graphic tees, while making wacky faces. Their outfits are cool and wacky, I am cool yet kind of wacky too. They sing about smart stuff so I am smart for listening.

It's the perfect aesthetic for the kid who is being hit by puberty and the mentally stunted young adult suffering slow development. Because that's all Gorillaz is. An aesthetic. A safe aesthetic that is quirky and smart on the outside, yet completely vapid on the inside. Just like their fans.

LOOK AT US WE MAKE SUPER WHACKY MUSIC
ALSO WE ARENT A REAL BAND WE ARE A CARTOON LOL SO RANDUM XD
Why someone over 15 like this shit?

the thing about dumbass edgy cynics like you is that they forget to be cynics about cynicism itself

what about the music tho?

I never like anyme.

what about it. His points stand on their own.

Then fuck off from this thread if you're not even here to talk about the Gorillaz

>Why are you responding to me so defensively in the first place if you claim you don't fit into the group i identified?
>i think my post offends your sensibilities so much you don't want to consider it
I'm replying to this and telling you why your post wasn't even worth responding to

>also i wasn't even talking about gorrillaz
>they made a percieved slight to the sitting united states president
And then the rest of the post after that is your retarded attempt to justify why this matters. Excellent backpedaling dude.

Not only for children
Manchildren of my and reddit eat it up too
Because no mature person with a little self respect would enjoy this

Yes they do. But his question stands on its own too: What's his opinion in their music, the sound they produce?

>suddenly

Sup Forums has always called them shit

jesus christ

I wanted to know if he still liked any of their music, or if he just hated them because he doesn't like the fact that they appeal to kids or whatever.

What's there to discuss? It's generic bland pop. It would be fine if it were just that if not for their hamfisted attempts at trying to convey some "message" in a way that is about as subtle as a freight train crashing through the wall of your house, all the while using that tacky, tasteless virtual band aesthetic. That's the problem.
I'm neither edgy nor a cynic, despite what this defensive fuckboy tries to claim. I enjoy plenty of pop. The problem is the fact that Gorillaz is offensively pretentious and cynical.

Sup Forums got angry after Hallelujah Money. Now Gorillaz is music "for libtards".

Also this

>dope

I'm not from the UK
Could please explain what you mean, specifically in relation to the Gorillaz?

I started off referring to gorrialz an
yknow what fuck talking to you lol
this guy right here
thanks for stopping me talking to this gross dweeb

Okay, glad to help you see your retardation

Not him, neither from UK. But my guess is he refers to Albarn,perhaps?

Christ that's some major projection you've got there lad.

Gorillaz are and always have been a Reddit band.

this

Do people really believe this? Gorillaz is not popular among teenagers, not even the edgy kind friendo. Other than Feel Good Inc their music isn't very accessible in comparison to Drake and all the other shit being pumped into the mainstream.