u.pomf.is/znvmhz.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=WskRAEggqkQ
youtu.be/4d61BIwNal8
youtube.com/watch?v=NUIZvAe3RBg
youtube.com/watch?v=E3AcZmEKHOM
youtube.com/watch?v=xDSFTugAlf4
youtube.com/watch?v=UgFpHs5dGdg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who here ordered the extended editions on sale yesterday? I've never owned all of them before and only have theatrical on blu ray
I heard interesting things about the transfers; some say that the theatrical versions have bad BD transfers yet others say that the extended editions are subject to too much color grading
I guess I'll find out

I just downloaded the 1080p yiffy torrents and they're perfect

RARBG just uploaded all the Extended Cuts in good quality + the Hobbits

That's not funny user

Are The Hobbit movies worth it?

t. only saw the first one and know the third is dog shit

what about the second?

Second is objectively the best one. But make sure you watch the extended cut because the pacing is much better.

First one is boring shit and the third one is shit too other than the opening scene

you could probably make a good fancut of the hobbit films.

>First one is boring shit
b-but i found it comfy

>First one is boring shit
What's it like to be an ADHD-riddled kid?

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZbPvhOZ7_4

also the music was great

There is something like that already. Too bad the quality is mostly pretty bad.
tolkieneditor.wordpress.com/

>there are people out there that think the Witch King ever had a chance of beating Gandalf

LOL

What's it like to have no gf?

No. The Hobbit movies were shit in every way.

One or two were worse than the others but it doesn't matter when the ranks are effectively.

>dog shit
>horse shit
>whale shit

Other great moments besides the most obvious ones like "The Last March of the Ents" or "Ride Out With Me"?
youtube.com/watch?v=Owq_aBJ9G6Q

I don't know, maybe you should tell us?

they are all complete garbage
don't even watch them out of curiosity, seriously
just forget they exist

youtube.com/watch?v=k6C8SX0mWP0

I still fucking tear up when i watch this

> i can't do this sam...

You could but no one has
I've seen two; the Spence edit and the tolkein edit. both were shit

Does this set only have the extended cuts?

Why would you watch anything other than extended desu.

it's harder to find moments that aren't great

I forgot pic.

The extended cuts are great but sometimes I'd rather just watch the shorter versions.

Because
more != better.
Quanity !=quality.

Hello embryos.

no it isnt, I can think of many that sucked

>nearly all the sam and frodo scenes after fotr
>pippin singing, I always skip that bit
>all the rohan scenes after haldir dies
>nearly all the shire stuff before frodo leaves
>boring rivindell scenes

Because they aren't perfect, and arguably two towers is outright bad
Fellowship spends too much time in Lothlorien
Rotk spoils the Aragon surprise for no reason and the Saruman scene is bizarre and a poor replacement for the scouring of the shire

I am still mad.

>Shire stuff before Frodo leaves
Take it back

YOU TAKE THAT SHIT BACK

About?

That Aragaorn went with ARwen

STRIDER'D

End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Daily reminder that Viggo was so based as Aragorn he got the last word on the DVD's.

u.pomf.is/znvmhz.webm

>;_;
t-t-t-thank you Viggo

what a guy, what an image too btw. even thought its just an image it makes me feel warm and cold at the same time, it really looks like a crazy king on a cold, sunny frozen mountain. he is a lucky man to have filmed that and got paid to look good.

>nearly all the sam and frodo scenes after fotr
like what? most are great
the only annoying scenes is when frodo is moaning on the ground for 40 minutes
>pippin singing, I always skip that bit
you mean like when pippin sings to denethor and it's heartbreaking?
>all the rohan scenes after haldir dies
fel deeds awaken...
ok now you're getting retarded, the shire intro is easily in everyone's top 3
>boring rivindell scenes
rivendell scenes were mostly great, between aragorn and boromir or gandalf and elrond
hobbit scenes were over soon enough

What is wrong with you, friend?
youtube.com/watch?v=WskRAEggqkQ

> that preview picture
> all i can think of is "ayyy lmao"

>unironically watching singing scenes

CIA IS BEHIND

2nd one was okay, best of the three, but still majorly lacking

First two are pretty good. Third one not so much except for the intro and last 20 mins

Nah, they're not in the same league as Lord of the Rings, but I'd rather watch them than any capeshit blockbuster

When was the last time you did a rewatch, Sup Forums? I did one two weeks ago, then watched FotR again this past sunday.

Smaug was the best thing about the Hobbit movies. Definitely watch the second one.

charge of durin was okay

youtu.be/4d61BIwNal8

More like charge of CGI lmao

Yesterday

I'd say The Hobbit movies are to the LOTR movies the same way the Star Wars prequels are to the OT.
They're obviously not as good, filled with CGI, but they're still comfy and entertaining. It's worth watching at least once, it's just a shame that they weren't good enough to make me feel like having a Hobbit+LOTR marathon

>he clearly got emotional at the end

I think it's staggering what an amazing performance he gave and all that considering he only accepted the role because his son convinced him to. He had never read LotR up to that point.

>implying this wasn't the best song
youtube.com/watch?v=NUIZvAe3RBg

See, that's the thing about the Hobbit movies, they had plenty of fun epic scenes, but they didn't match the level of LOTR because of all the CGI.

This is definitely one of the best, Fellowship just had the best soundtrack for every moment.

Viggo please marry my mom

Actually he had

>parents divorced when I was 2
>be a fan of LOTR
>I will never have a cool dad like Viggo
>I will never have a cool dad at all

Time to rewatch LOTR I guess

>dat feel when he came up with the melody for Aragorn's coronation song
youtube.com/watch?v=E3AcZmEKHOM

Yeah, you can pick up the theatrical trilogy at Wallmart for like 10 bucks.

Theatrical cut is a massive,waste for LotR trilogy was Extended versions exist. True, only Fellowship really benefits from it, but there are worthwhile scenes in the other two movies as well.

All of them are shit.

I prefer Extended Edition actually. I think the one that benefited the most from it was RotK, because now you've got things like Saruman's death and the Mouth of Sauron

Plus an explanation why Gandalf's staff disappears during the battle of Gondor

>the Mouth of Sauron
Most useless scene ever.

>he wouldn't marry a cute elven girl

Cheapest place to get blu ray extended editions?

AND
youtube.com/watch?v=xDSFTugAlf4

It wasn't that useless, it makes the following scene more emotional because they aren't certain that Frodo can still be alive. He had his mithril vest.

Pirate it, you fuckwad.

Bad quality

Plus how will I watch it with mates

Saruman's death

ugh

I don't actually know why it's bad I enjoyed it but I'm told it's bad

Because it's different from the books

>Bad quality
Not the 40gb bluray rips. How dumb are you exactly?
>Plus how will I watch it with mates
The same way you watch it alone?

The film had enough endings as is, I don't need the memeing of the shire on top of it

Unless you can watch blu ray movies by sticking a USB into a ps4, it's probably best to get the Blu Ray discs

I'm not saying it was bad, I'm just saying the people who complain about his death in the movie only do so because it wasn't the way he died in the books.

Yeah I know, and all I'm saying is the film already had 4 endings, and couldn't afford a 15 minute scene at the shire. I felt it was tacked on in the books, but people disagree with me on that .

>ps4
Ahahahaha.

His death in the books was great.
His "shadow" looking west and just getting blown away by Manwe.

>Manwe
That reminds me I have to finish reading The Silmarillion

It was tacked on in the books. There's no adequate defense for its inclusion

Overrated trash

It was important to the theme of how war changes one permanently and unavoidably. The hobbits all believed that they were about to put the whole mess behind them when they went home, but that's not possible. Remember, Tolkien was a WWI vet and saw most of his childhood friends die at the Somme.

On the other hand, though, it would have been tough to stick it in the movie because there really were a lot of endings. I'm glad they left in the journey to west in, because it conveys the point similarly and more iconically, although only for Frodo.

They covered that adequately with Frodo going to with the elves, about how some wounds never heal

That's what I said as well, for the movie, but in the book it also has its impact on the rest of the hobbits and where they live.

>>nearly all the shire stuff before frodo leaves

Nigger please, the Shire bits in FotR and top-tier comfy and funny as fuck too.

>May it be the shadow's call will fly away
>May it be you journey on to light the day
>When the night is overcome
>You may rise to find the sun

WHAT

Where once was light
Now darkness falls
Where once was love
Love is no more

Don't say -- goodbye
Don't say -- I didn't try...

These tears we cry
Are falling rain
For all the lies
You told us
The hurt, the blame!

And we will weep
To be so alone
We are lost!
We can never go home

So in the end
I will be -- what I will be
No loyal friend
Was ever there for me

Now we say -- goodbye
We say -- you didn't try...

These tears you cry
Have come too late
Take back the lies
The hurt, the blame!

And you will weep
When you face the end alone
You are lost!
You can never go home

youtube.com/watch?v=UgFpHs5dGdg

I hate you so much don't post on my fucking website ever again

These threads are literally fucking reddit, goddamn you fantasyfags and capeshitters destroyed the best board on Sup Forums

i still don't know why they couldn't have filmed a small scouring of the shire scene for the EE instead of Saruman just getting impaled on Orthanc.

The thing about the Scouring is that there really is a lot of it, as it is in the books. If they didn't do the whole thing it would feel very tacked on, in a footnote kind of way, and it would be weird. In order to film the Scouring properly, you would need scenes for
>hobbits arriving in Hobbiton to suspicious circumstances, thuggish men everywhere and hobbits oppressed, the mayor is missing
>newly-swole Merry & Pippin convincing hobbits that they can be rid of the men if they resist, launch guerilla warfare campaign against them
>action scene of the Battle of Bywater, where Merry leads a band of ruffians into a trap filled with dozens of concealed hobbit archers
>arriving at Bag-End, discovery of Saruman
>dialogue scene between Frodo & Saruman & Grima: Grima kills Saruman and is slain by hobbit archers
Anything less would be seriously incomplete. I have no idea how you would be able to condense all of that into a scene.

But Smaug wasn't even a dragon in the movies. He was a wyvern.

stay mad bookfag, witch king completely btfo gandalf

Bookfag here, why the fuck are you trying to powerlevel wank on a series in which characters at multiple points rely on literal divine fiat to survive? Fuck off to /jp/ and start a Fate thread or something