youtu.be/gj39POBr-OU
youtu.be/n4uPGCdUEsA
youtube.com/watch?v=iU1L5dP2DhY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZsO4w7hTdWE
youtube.com/watch?v=taH3hwx4J00
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Personally I think this is the best rap song
youtube.com/watch?v=foyAOoVagWw

She's very clearly singing you god damn turkey.

dude this is clearly hip hop

youtu.be/-_8W-4soRsY

1/?

youtu.be/_My0kV5v_0M

2/?

>Simon Franks and Tom Dinsdale's follow their eponymous debut album 'Ego War' with the highly anticipated 'Generation'. Taking in everything from ska to UK garage, this is house music with the easy laddish charm of Squeeze or Madness combined with sub-bass beats that tell ask you to do more than just raise your hands.

youtu.be/h1vKOchATXs

3/?

>doesn't like Too $hort
t. nu-male
pic related, most influential rap album of all time

I never said I don't like him as a whole.

But god damn this album was B A D. The only tracks I liked were 'Aint Nothin But a Word' and 'Paula and Janet'.

I'm listening through the 90s chart and pic-related is next. What am I in for?

this is when run dmc was going thru their 'new jack swing' phase. jam master jay sings on it

Anyone want me to keep posting random songs/albums?

youtube.com/watch?v=fIaKA_cmTTY
can u top this

I'm listening to the new Blanck Mass album. I don't even know what to think.

It doesn't even feel like I'm listening to the same artist who put out Dumb Flesh.

Welp. Here we go.

If this doesn't almost bring you to tears you're heartless.

youtu.be/CTk9n7-z55E

youtu.be/gj39POBr-OU

youtu.be/n4uPGCdUEsA

Might as well show my progress so far.

I went on a hip hop binge this winter in search of any albums that sound as good as Low End Theory.

Shit, I'm going to have to try this for my charts. I've just been checking things off as I go. I always forget what I think about certain albums.

You want copies of the charts? I can get you copies if you want my man. (the 10s one got updated too.)

I got that chart when it popped up a couple days ago. This is the chart I've been digging through lately. I'm probably going to move everything to this chart and rate them.

I appreciate you using my charts. This one looks like a pretty good one too (a lot seem to overlap)

You made those new charts of 90s / 10s hip hop? What I meant to say was I'm going to mark up the new chart with the ones that overlap and rate them

youtube.com/watch?v=iU1L5dP2DhY

I listen to MF Doom like everyday, and it never gets old. I don't think people listen to him enough...

Also you can tell nobody is downloading as much stuff, we used to have a culture of promoting and bragging about our music collections, the quality, having it properlly tagged, now it seems like somehow we've forgotten all of this.

I mean people into hip hop regard him pretty highly and listen to all his projects he just doesn't have mainstream potential but still is great

There are plenty of albums better than the low end theory.

Listened to this for the first time tonight and loved it. I guess it slipped past my radar a bit last year and I'm kinda mad about it cause man is it good, what are you guys' thoughts?

He's more of a once forgotten relic of a bygone era, I would say that's why

bruh how tf do you not like The Ghetto

Seems like commercial garbage meant to exploit ignorance and give people the audio-equivalent of a meal from MC-Donalds.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZsO4w7hTdWE

Anyone have this one? One of my favorite albums of all time to be honest. Seems like now-a-days wax is just trying to milk youtube cash, but I really used to feel his stuff.

Yeah he really needs to reintroduce himself to a new generation and just go back to what made him so good in the first place.

MF Doom is still in almost every record store I come across, so I don't think he has quite yet became entirely forgotten, like De La Soul or Tribe Called quest.

It's such a shame that when people think of old rap they think of Snoop, Biggie, and Tupac, and not the people who inspired them. There is a general ignorance on the topic, however in the past hip-hop was less of a mainstream thing and more of a particular flavor local to certain communities. Hip-hop as we know it today is an entirely different thing than it once was, Brooklyn doesn't put out anything except maybe Joey Bad-ass, the west coast has Tyler The Creator and Kendrick Lamar, and ATL has created their own media empire pumping out Trap Rap. The heart of hip-hop, Brooklyn NY, is no longer pumping, and the people who made it are no longer in their creative prime.

I forget to mention that which most are exposed to, which is the major label Hip-Hop like Drake, Rae Smurder, uhhh, "Whip-it naynay" guy. Stiletto? That's the face of hip-hop today. It hasn't come from something authentic and organic, it's a corporate creation. Statistically speaking, it is pop music.

There's lots of internet rappers that are awesome though and the ATL shit is decent but getting sort of old IMO, I think people are getting tired of endless hood shit and violence, and Wolf Gang and Kendrick are great. There's a lot of people I'm forgetting, I think Lil Ugly Mane is very unique and talented

(Sorry for the super late reply. A lot going on)

Yes, I made the hip hop by year charts. It was a lot of fun to make then and I'm really happy someone else is using the charts :)

youtube.com/watch?v=taH3hwx4J00
Kool Keith is so under appreiacted
"Drove of with a wig down La Brea listen to a tape by Slayer
Parked in a parking lot behind Burger King
Eating a raw pack of chicken wings
With blood on my fingers I blast a CD by the Staple Singers"

"Have you ever asked your self if you ever fucked Marylin Manson?"

I have now