Guys i wanna watch some old movies,but when i try to find im searching and seaching and always end up choosing nothing...

Guys i wanna watch some old movies,but when i try to find im searching and seaching and always end up choosing nothing.Can you recommend me some good old movies but just 2 things:it have to be before 1980 and to NOT be black-and-white movie.

pic unrelated i guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/search/title/?release_date=1970,1979&title_type=feature
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sam Raimi's Evil Dead Trilogy

and to not be too mainstream like this,2001 space oddysey,godfather,good bad and the ugly,etc..I've seen this stuff mentioned here million times.Just something more rare.

dude,this stuff is all after 1980.I said before that.

Shit i read it wrong sorry

Ben-hur
Planet of the apes

A lot of the best older movies are black and white.. why do you want to miss out? Having said that, have you watched any Powell and Pressburger? Plenty of technicolor there.

>wants to watch old movies
>but nothing black-and-white
odd request, if you can't handle a film that isn't in color you probably aren't ready for the classics, kid

how is it an odd request?There are plenty of movies that are from 50s,60s,70s that are colorful.Plus don't think if the movie is black-and-white it makes it automatically good and increase your IQ,there are shitty colorless movies too.

Try Rear Window
It's entertaining and well made. It's a good place to start.

BEST ROBIN HOOD

It is a bit of an odd request, but hey it's like if you said "movies in german" or "movies shot in china" or shit like that. So it's still a legit request imo.

Postan some technicolor glory.
>only color movie starring carole lombard

>technicolor adaptation of The Mikado
>starring Kenny Baker who was the tenor on the Jack Benny program
>Also legendary G&S players Martyn Green and Sydney Granville
If you like Gilbert and Sullivan this is pure gold.

Classic Hitchcock.

Classic Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra.

>remember when Cecil B. DeMille was good
Adventure/war/drama starring Gary Cooper and Paulette Goddard.

No matter what is suggested you still will watch nothing.

I suffer from procrastination.

Of course there are.. there are indeed loads of great old colour movies and lots of bad old black and white movies, but a lot of the best movies back then were made in black and white, and you are severely limiting yourself if you don't want to watch them. It's your loss really.

dude just let him watch color films if it makes him happy

Who could forget this one
>über classic

Nobody is trying to stop him, in fact most of my favourite movies were probably shot in technicolor. It's just a shame that people limit the pool of good films they can watch that's all.

or this one
>WARNING: First 10 minutes or so are in sepia-toned black and white

also suggested you watch this while stoned. weird af
inb4 DUDE WEED LMAO

noone likes everything. you don't either. I bet you don't watch Béla Tarr. Or Segundo de Chomón. There's always some weird shit that's outside of your reach. Everyone has their taste, and most people just watch that which fits their taste. I don't see nothing wrong with it. If it's not my taste I'll likely not enjoy it, so why watch it.

>Skipping treasure of the sierra madre
>Casablanca
>The man who shot liberty valance
So many good b&w movies user.

This is the best detective story ever told.

superior musical to Rocky Horror

>so many good b&w movies user.
for you.

Why not try some spaghetti westerns OP? I would suggest The Great Silence and The Big Gundown.

Nobody talks about this movie but me, which is a shame because it's quite good.

This is my favourite Jackie Chan movie.

I love this one. Not many film noir shot in color, and yet they pull it off magnificently. Shot on location in Japan in 1954.
>not 3-strip technicolor, but beautiful cinemascope

there will never be a romantic era like that again

because they are boring as fuck. all of them. don't bother, OP:

that time is Gone With The Wind®

>movie actually does a titledrop like this in opening text even though novel doesn't
absolute madmen

I'll keep trying to force this movie on Sup Forums until this stupid underage shithole discusses it as much as The Thing.

Or pretty much every film noir in existence except a few outliers

That's a ridiculous sentiment. If you like old hollywood colour movies, there's no reason that you wouldn't like old hollywood black and white movies. I actually have seen films by Bela Tarr, but even if you had named a director I haven't seen, I'd be open to watching something. I'm not talking down to you or anything, I just think it's a shame, there are some really really good movies you are missing out on.

THIS SO MUCH

I smirked when I watched the movie for the first time with my mom and that happened.

sounds like Caligula with less meme potential tbqh

In even slightly equating black and white movies with "out of reach" arthouse stuff like Tarr, you are the only one making the mistake of thinking that black and white movies are somehow more "elevated" than colour movies. No-one but an edgy avant-teen would claim that.

>after 1980
>old
how young are you?

You fucktard I wasn't going on about black and white being more elevated, I myself watch tons of bw movies, I just said if some guy doesn't want to watch movies in bw there's no need to get sand in your fucking vagina.

I guess I thought you were him from similar grammar styles - "Plus don't think if the movie is black-and-white it makes it automatically good and increase your IQ" was what I was talking about. My apologies.

This was pretty good. Not sure if I liked the ending or not.

oh ok. Nah I don't mind bw movies at all.
I do have a special love for early color films. There's even some color films produced in Nazi Germany in the early 40's. Some if them are huge productions shot in the later stages of the war. amazing stuff. Quality was far from par with Technicolor, but still breddy gud.

I've never seen that film in full, I think I tried once but could never find it anywhere. But I have seen screenshots of the battle sequences, they look quite incredible, bigger even than something like Spartacus. It's quite amazing they could muster that number of extras and expense during wartime.

Adaptation of popular operetta into non-musical feature. Was actually finished editing after the war by east german DEFA. Star Johannes Heesters died in 2011 at the age of 108.

Since Heesters was a popular comedian all through his life this film got a better transfer. This is how Agfacolor looks properly restored (you can tell that Kolberg hasn't gotten a proper restoration and is slightly faded). Note the poor skin tone even with tons of makeup.

There's an american dvd edition with english subs.

Why no B&W? Many of the greatest films ever made are in B&W.

El Topo

The Holy Mountain.

I guess I either didn't look very hard or looked before that came out. Did you ever see Fall of the Roman Empire btw? Now there's a film that's impressive spectacle-wise, a real shame there's not yet a proper blu-ray transfer available (to my knowledge), even the best version out at the moment is cropped a fair bit.

pls don't make this into a meme movie, Sup Forums doesn't deserve it

>and to NOT be black-and-white movie
Plebs need to get the fuck out.

>NOT be black-and-white movie

kill yourself

imdb.com/search/title/?release_date=1970,1979&title_type=feature

X: The man with the X-Ray eyes
Planet of The Vampires
The Last Days of Pompeii (1959)
Zardoz
The Duellists

I think Hausu is great. It's like an episode of Scooby Doo guest starring Japanese school girls on LSD.

it is great.

but young pussy, Raimi-esque mindfuck and all the other maymay-worthy stuff aside it's too innocent and beautiful, not for tee-Sup Forums.

taxi driver
badlands
apocalypse now

Red Desert
The Passenger
^^Antonioni in color.

It's an odd request because if you can appreciate color films from that time period you should also be able to appreciate the B&W films of that period. Not liking something because it isn't "colorful enough" is downright childish

Cries and Whispers
Fantastic Planet
McCabe and Mrs Miller
Chinatown

OP, you're a pleb and has the clear intention of forever being one. So, kill yourself.
Pathetic that so many facebook users gladly help this kind of ''film buff''. Then people ask why Sup Forums is so bad...

You're the epitome of the real, stuck-up, false elitist cancer that actually infects Sup Forums. You're complaining that somebody is asking about groundbreaking films on a board about television and film? Why don't you go fuck off to your DC vs Marvel threads so you can post Chris Evans laughing while alternating between cuck spam and kino spam.

And here is the facebook/rabbit cancer, probably class of '16, responsible for the ever-growing deterioration of this board showing off his lovely defense of film discussion. OP and your kind show try r/flicks, they are a nice bunch there.
Elitism is lacking severely for years, so that's the result.