Alright Sup Forums i need some advice. These are the specs for my PC at the moment...

Alright Sup Forums i need some advice. These are the specs for my PC at the moment. I am about to buy a GTX 1060 as soon as i can but i'm wondering if i should invest the money elsewhere. My power supply and motherboard are pretty dope and i obviously know i should buy some more RAM but anyway, i just want to know how i should spend my money. Thanks Sup Forums.

SSD for the system and you'll be good.

ok now that something im curious about. how does an SSD benefit me once i add it? like, do I add programs onto it or what?

use it for your OS and any program that could benefit from the speed. I wouldn't use it for general storage like movies, music, games etc.

does putting the OS on it make me have to reinstall the OS?

what said.
Basically install fresh OS of your choice (Windows I guess) there and put everything storage-hungry (games, pics, vids etc) onto the other.

It is possible to transfer it from existing drive but it requires some know-how. Also your system right now is most probably bloated, virused etc so its a good opportunity to refresh it.

>Also your system right now is most probably bloated, virused etc so its a good opportunity to refresh it.

You should also get a payed virusscanner. I use Kaspersky and am very happy with it. Not familliar with the other ones though

ok so with some research i could probs tansfer it onto the SSD then? and also, what makes you asume that my sytem is bloated and virused? i just upraded to windows 10 maybe a little over 6 months ago.

>upgraded
If it's as in 'used shitty M$ tools to go 7->10' it's gonna cause you problems, sooner or later.

Research and proper tools. Though I'd just do a fresh install and transfer (as in, reinstall) all important things. Especially if you're not looking to buy overpriced 1TB SSD but a smaller one.

Yeah, exaclty. Firstable buy more RAM. 32GB should be fine.

nah i just got a message one day when i had 7 ultimate and it said i could go to windows 10 for free so i did it so i didn't bootleg 10 or anything. idk man, i almost feel like i don't even want an SSD because of the hassel, at least for now.

Are you trolling?

SSDs are a sham on non-high end builds. 0 reason you can justify dishing out hundreds of dollars just for "muh startup speed, muh load tuimes"

no? why?

see, that's all i hear people say, "I can lode muh OS in 6 sekunds bruh" like, i dont know, im cool with waiting a few extra seconds for some things to load i guess

is OP's PC not high end enough for a SSD ?? Or do you need a 1180SLI for a SSD? Just curious

>32GB RAM

That's a little much. Only if you're running every single program at one time on your computer, you only need 8-16GBs. I run video and photo editing, and games all at the same time with most of the time 30-20% memory left.

deadass. when i saw him say "32GB and you should be fine" i was like holy fuck. i think if i throw 2 more 8s in there ill be just fine.

Why the fuck would be buy an SSD instead of saving that money and investing it elsewhere in the future? Or better yet, if he is short on memory, more HDDs? There will be a day when SSDs are a viable, cheap option for average users but it sure as fuck ain't now.

Go graphics card unless you care for quick load times on a few games or faster boot. Otherwise SSD is pointless.

I agree with this on a spiritual level. like, im not dropping 150-200 on a few more seconds of load time when i can get a way nicer graphics card.

SSD's are dirt cheap. y'all are some poorfags. JFC, OP, The only way to play STALKER is to have an SSD so the load times don't destroy your walk in the zone.

check'd. and yeah, ill probably do that and a bit more RAM. thanks.

they ain't even that much. Buy a cheap 128gb one to host your OS and shit, a 256gb or 512gb for your STEAM games and keep a terabyte or two for media files which don't need an SSD.

yeah but until I get a better grasp on how the fuck im going put an OS on my SSD without buying it, im going graphics lol.

You REALLY don't need more RAM. Your system is already dated, why bother putting lipstick on a pig now? Just update your card (1060? wtf OP is dumb af, just get the 480x if you aren't getting a 1070 or 1080).

Get a couple cheap SSD's and a 480x you stupid fucking poorfag

holy fuck dude just get a compiler version of 7 or go to your local fucking WORKPLACE AND ASK YOUR GODDAMN IT NERD TO JUST GIVE YOU A FUCKING LICENSE.

>that moment when i have a gtx 1060 on a laptop :^)