Untitled

Windows XP has a lot of meaning to me.

My first "computer" was basically the Nintendo entertainment system. After that I had a gameboy, super nintendo, v-tech toy laptop, and saw an Apple II in class.

My first real computer was a Compaq Windows 95 that I used the internet with 28.8k 3200 baud dial-up modems in things like AOL with, played videogames, used 700 MB compact disc's (CD's), etc..

Windows 98 had the www browser internet explorer by default and was also a huge thing. Tho basically just a huge update of Windows 95. Not as much of an impact. Especially with Mac coming back from death as an "easy-mode" computer in 1997; After windows o.s. killed Atari ST, Commodore Amiga, and nearly everyone besides windows o.s..

I finally got a computer just for me. I really should've gotten it earlier. Because I got Windows ME. I couldn't get anything to work with it and I didn't know why. A lot of Windows 98 DOS programs didn't work with it. Defeating the purpose of using it basically to be honest. There is probably some work-around to it. But I did not know this with my first computer back then. And that's "too long; didn't read". As I hear spammed here a lot. You need something that "just werks".

I actually really wanted Windows 2000 and even now I really like it a lot; I like that Windows 2000 community that tries to use it forever and treat it like Windows XP. But I ended up with a Windows XP later. I ended up using this computer for about 10 years. I was able to do everything I wanted; and I had a lot of great experiences on there. You can even say that I sort-of learned a lot of things on there. Tho I really didn't touch the machine hardware or do anything crazy with the software too much. Mostly happy with what I had. -

Since this is about Windows XP. Basically I sort of like how most users used the same thing. Everyone generally did good things around this time. Everyone even successfully repelled and refused to used Windows Vista from 2006 to 2009 successfully. The internet had a lot of resistance and power. In control of their own destiny. Not the corporations. Or at least a little bit. Which is something. -

It was fun when you'd see little windows-xp themed content and things. Like using the cursor, or making things using a Windows XP theme. It felt like everyone was really united and together with this. At least a good way to introduce -new- users to the internet and everything.

I was sort of under the impression that GNU Linux - and Ubuntu or some other GNU Linux distribution or another - would be the thing that everyone would on to after Windows XP. This seemed especially so since Windows vista failed and most programs for Windows XP had replacements in GNU Linux; Aside from videogames that a lot have moved on from anyway. -

This really changed with the reaction to Windows 7 being some viciously defending it with "Oh please. Windows 7 is a perfectly capable operating system, you neckbeard.", etc.. In retrospect and even then they see like shills right. -

GNU Linux also failed to really have a manufacturer or something become really popular, promoted, and cool to use. Among -new- users. Among -all- users. Apparently. To be honest. -

After years of hearing "computers of that low power are deprecated legacy and you need to get a better computer", "that computer is shit get a real computer", etc.. iPhone and "device"shit has probably been the biggest surprise. Little to no backlash against it. But if you had a Windows or GNU Linux computer like that you have complaints about specs, no keyboard, etc.. So. I am disappointed. In the internet apparently failing to show up. And fight. Just give up. That's sad. -

I think it's mainly stupid users. Who go after brands instead of understanding why a brand is attacked in the 1st place. Or even. Who go for brands instead of understanding why a brand is supported in the 1st place. It's the "I just like you" and "I just don't like you" no-logic logic and no-reason reason. - The biggest problem all tho was probably the internet changing its ways from "We're going to do everything we can to make everything better" to "I'm going to do what the corporations tell me to do". To be honest. That's sad. -

I somewhat didn't even really like starting with nintendo nes, gameboy, super nintendo, v-tech toy laptop, windows 95, etc.. I sort of wish I got something like an Apple 2 or an older machine that you had to use commands to use. Tho originally those were the reasons I didn't want to use computers. Even GUI computers intimidated me. I guess it was mainly the idea that you could have run videogames, go on the internet, and basically have fun that got me into it. Of course. Why would you do something boring. Why wouldn't you ahve fun. - But uhh. The early non-GUI "DOS" type users always fascinated me. And I always wondered what it would be like to use those computers at that time. - I mean I understand the basic jist of it. - But understanding in theory and imagining, and doing in proficiency and in memory - are 2 differnet things. - So it was nice to encounter those types of users and be seen as alright to them in my journeys.

I realize that I may be perceived a "throw-back", "relic", "old guard" of the by-gone era etc.. But to be honest I just sort of see myself as a relatively decent user who just doesn't do actual really not-funny stupid things for no reason. Everyone became stupid cancer for no reason apparently to be honest. - So you know. Just basically being perceived as a crazy old man who went insane and ran away from everything into nothingness is fine. I think it's better than the alternative of being stupid; And doing stupid boring things. It's relatively smart and more fun to be isolated at this point to be honest. - So. - When I hear users going something like "They were using AOL and Windows 95. They're a very old user of the internet. Show some respect." I can't help but be happy and proud a little bit. I can't help but love them a little bit. -

However I also feel very sorry and feel deep sympathy for the type of user who goes "I was too late" and actually care about the real internet and lulz that I remember. I don't want them to think that. That's why I continue on. I hope to sometime make things better for them now. Too. Do what I can. -

I actually wanted to get a really tricked out Windows XP computer. With like 4 GB of RAM and as good as specs as I could get. But it was so unavailable that I had to go with Windows 7. Which could do more anyway. To be honest. - I wanted to do what I was doing faster. So I finally got a new machine with Windows 7. -

Windows 7 doesn't have the same "fun" factor that everyone had with Windows XP. There's also not the same unity and market share with deviceshit users and similar cancer being apparently omnipresent and immortal.

So I feel like Windows XP ultimately represents the 2000's as a whole and a time when the internet was generally united and things were generally good. Tho it was pretty bad towards the end of 2006 and onwards. Which is about the same time as Windows Vista appeared. So I guess that it's worse than everyone thought.

With Windows 7 I've been doing a lot more in terms of researching and learning about hardware, software, etc.. And doing a lot more. But it doesn't really have the same feel as Windows XP.

I always hung onto the idea that I may go back to Windows XP and wanted to keep things generally compatible with it. I always opt to get Windows XP versions of things that run on Windows 7. My main disk-drive is under 2 TB.

Thinking about everything. They are really good memories. And I do really wish there was at least a Windows XP theme that you could use on Windows all the time. But there's not. There is "Classic Shell Extension" that may allow that. But it's not the same "just werks" thing. - I suppose a far-fetched way that could work is if I custom-built computers, put classic shell extension on them and gave them a Windows XP theme, then sold over a billion - or 10 billion - or something copies, then that'd probably work. If that happened. - Also. Windows 10 could easily be made to have something like Classic Shell Extension by default, and a Windows Classic theme. Computer manufacturers customize their computers all the time. So it's not out of the question at all. To make it look nice. - Tho. Again. It'd be nice to have a Windows XP or "Classic" default. - To "unite" everyone. As it were. - So. I may try classic shell extension; And use a Windows XP theme; or at least a Windows Classic theme; Windows 7; Or otherwise. -

Again. I haven't used Windows XP in a long time. I've been using Windows 7 for a long time. But I always thought that there was a chance I would go back a little bit. -

So. I'm looking at my 2TB disk-drive that's actually 1.86 TB. Im looking at my 692 GB used. And I think about how conservative I am with everything to save space. I specific avoid looking at a lot of things on the internet; Because I become too tempted to save and store it; And that's how I quickly ate up my last 750 GB disk-drive.

So it'd be nice to use over 2TB, over 4GB of ram, and use the newest technology, etc..

I especially think I need to do this for the betterment of the internet as a whole. So I can do more. Then hopefully make the internet better. Hopefully. -

Also. I know you can partition a drive into 2TB sections and it will be read by and work with Windows XP. But it's still a pain. - I like to have everything on 1 drive; Without having to partition everything for reasons like that; Maybe if 16TB disk-drives become cheap and easily available then I'll make an extra 2TB disk-drive on the off-chance of Windows XP adventures. Tho it seems unlikely. I don't know. - Heck maybe I'll actually partition it into 2 pieces so I can use it with Windows XP. Tho it may become a pain at some point. Tho it seems unlikely. I don't know. -

Also. I'm already considering using Windows 10. Mainly for the PCIE+NVME+M2 boot-drive option. I know Windows 7 works with UEFI; But that's also an interesting rising standard; Designed for servers; Pushing your computer to beyond the limits; Etc.. -

I have nothing against anyone using Windows XP. I actually admire you. It's everyone else that's the problem. Really.

Windows XP was limited. But maybe because of that everyone wasn't spending time doing stupid bloated and useless things for little to no reason. - I mean it's nice how it pushes technology. Hopefully we get more. But a lot of it is actually retarded and not in a good or funny way. To be honest. That's sad. -

The end.

Thank you.

Here's some things I looked up on a WWW search-engine.

Query |Results
"windows 3.1" | 431,000
"Windows 95" | 13,800,000
"Windows 98" | 16,200,000
"Windows ME" | 1,220,000
"Windows 2000" | 30,800,000
"Windows XP" | 96,400,000
"Windows Vista" | 72,200,000
"Windows 7" | 140,000,000
"Windows 8" | 101,000,000
"Windows 8.1" | 68,500,000
"Windows 10" | 140,000,000
"windows os" | 9,050,000
"microsoft windows"| 93,900,000
"Windows" |2,100,000,000
"iOS" |1,080,000,000
"iPhone" |2,720,000,000
"Android OS" | 15,800,000
"Android" |3,050,000,000

It's probably gonna be broken on here but whatever.

So. "Windows 3.1" isn't popular. Being like everything in the computer world before Windows 95. Even things like "Windows 95" that got this whole computer thing really popular aren't that popular. Even things like "Windows 98" or basically updated-windows-95 aren't that popular. Even Windows 2000 matters more now; Probably because it's relatively nice; And it's closer to XP. Windows Vista actually was ultimately defeated by Windows XP in the end. Windows 7 actually did beat Windows XP in the end. Even Windows 8 beat Windows XP> Windows 8.1 couldn't even beat Windows Vista. And now Windows 10 is tied with Windows 7 and probably on its way to become the new thing. "Windows OS" Is something nobody calls windows. "microsoft windows" is a more common name; Tho a corporation most don't want to be reminded of. "Windows" the word is popular. More popular than the word "iOS". But not as popular as the word "iPhone". That's sad. "Android OS" is less popular than "Windows 98" as a phrase. "Android" the word has over 3 million. And people having wars over bags of shit. It'd literally be like everyone saying "Don't use Android!! Use AOL!!". It's all brand loyalty. - Oh well. "The first casualty in war is truth", I guess. I died internally. But here I am. Oh well...

P.S.1. I can't find the Windows 2000 community. Did they die? Could've sworn they were alive not too long ago. Now everything sucks. - I like Windows 2000 because it can still relatively hold its own against operating systems like Windows XP and beyond. I also like its default "just werks" theme. I like Windows XP - but I always changed to classic. I always thought most did. Alas - when seeing Windows-XP themed things - everyone seems to use default. - I guess it's mainly the cursor and windows and stuff generally then. Not the taskbar, or the titlebar and its buttons, etc..

So. Things during Windows XP were generally better. So I associate them with better memories. But. Again. It's time to do more.

As someone said -

"Don't be sad that it's over; Be happy that you lived thru it".

Thank you,

Windows XP.

>Start

>Shutdown

>

It was so beautiful...

>[dies internally]...

It feels like it was too short and we didn't know what we had.

You really don't know what you have until it's gone. Stupid, really...

I'm reminded of a line in a song.

So this may be a fitting song.

The line is

all our memories are too few

when the siren's flash is gone

and we're left to carry on

all our memories are too few

when the past its music plays

and that casket rolls away

i could live again if you

just stay alive for me

please stay now

you left me here alone

it's the end of the line

please stay

i can't make it on my own

make it on my own

it's the end of the line

whooooooooooa ooooh oooh oooh hoooo

it's the end of the line

whooooooooa oooh oooh hoooo hoooo

now that you are dead and gone

and i'm left to carry on

i could never smile because you

won't stay alive for me

please stay now

you left me here alone

it's the end of the line

please stay

it's the end of the line

make it on my own

whooooooooooooooa ooooh hooo hooo ho

it's the end of the line

whoooooooa oooh oooh hooo hoooo

finally

your final resting day

is without me

i weep

i think of brighter days

what about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

you can't take back

the 1 mistake

still lives on

after life it takes

and that 1 day

it changed our lives

the bitter memories

are left behind

you can't take back

the 1 mistake

still lives on

after life it takes

and that 1 day

it changed our lives

the bitter memories

are left behind

oh yeah

please stay now

you left me here alone

it's the end of the line

please stay

make it on my own

it's the end of the line

please stay now

you left me here alone

it's the end of the line

please stay

oh

the end

thank you

What the fuck is this

I have no idea

What the fuck is this

Almost done?

All done

I used this for over 10 years

Now let's see what comes next

Jump out of a window?

I don't know

WHO CARES

I just want to vent this shit

way to fucking long didn't read

no u

you too

>Error: You cannot delete posts this often.

*sigh*

goodnight