Despite everything they said...

Despite everything they said, I believed that Kojima would return to his god-tier ways and produce a game which would be fitting of the greatest series of all time. I remember hearing the announcement which would finish my favourite series, and I was buzzing with joy. Despite everything, I went to extreme efforts to avoid any sort of spoilers or hints as this was going to be a journey finalising the entire story.

Just defeated Sahelanthropus, and fuck you Kojima, and fuck you Konami, this was the physical manifestation of meeting your soulmate then being castrated with a tetanus infected rusty knife. Fuck this game, and fuck anyone who thinks its actually appropriate to the series

So, would you say that they played you like a damn fiddle?

ayyyy

I never played an MGS game prior to this one, I was expecting it to kinda like splintercell.

To be honest it really grew on me and its my favorite game now, I don't understand the hate.

im not even mad kaz that was good

still this story had potential to be the greatest mgs and they fucked it, ruined big bosses legacy for me

>Kojima
>God tier

Pick one

phantom pain was supposed to tie the entire series together, from metal gear solid all the way back in the 90s. We have been following this series since we were kids, and this final game was supposed to finish the series. Instead we got a half assed finale which doesnt even do the previous games justice. Rushed story, i had to look at the MGS wikia to make sense of half of it

Bait

Gameplay was great, but the story itself was all over the fucking place.

The scene with BB and Quiet in the rain? Cringe worthy.

Agreed, it was a tremendous let down..it had so much potential but they dropped the ball hard.Still it was an enjoyable game but it gets repetitive rather quickly.One of my biggest qualms with the game isn't just the story it is that they missed out on large random battles between the Russians and Taliban or even missions with them...kinda like MGS4 and the rebels vs PMC's.

or the shower scene....

>a jap made this
>complains that the game has fanservice in it

Oh so its just the story people are pissed about? Like I said I didn't know much about it going in, so the story wasn't a big deal for me.

Is the story in the other games good enough to warrant playing them?

obviously youre going to have some big things spoiled for you since you finished TPP, but go back and play MGS 1 on wards, also play Peace Walker

Dude can't you just you know, play it and have fun?

Don't worry if I know Sony and they're waiting to snipe the rights to it Sony loves the man who wrote the story

WORDS THAT KILL

Fuck you and your opinion too, faggot.
That game was better than everything else in the series by a long shot. Sorry your taste is shit.
Stay mad about a video game.

this. if you wanna rant for a year about a video game then go to Sup Forums

Gameplay was fun, repetetive but fun

Story was lackluster shit

For those that enjoyed MGS mainly for the story, the game was analled and then eviscerated.

Gameplay was an improvement obviously.

Konami's fault not Kojima's fault, everyone knows this already, shut the fuck up

Idk why anyone would ever give a shit. These games are overpraised as shit to the point where I don't bother mentioning I've ever played them because I don't want to hear some smelly fanboy nut over how much they came from it

Gameplay is only repetitive if you aren't being creative. Try getting into the FOB missions they are actually more fun than playing in Afghanistan or Africa.