Punk/hardcore

Is there any reason I never see any threads about punk/hardcore music on mu? Am I just slow?

No I think I can second that.

idk....why in a decentralized media market are the same 5-10 artists talked about over and over again?

jk....we all know why.

legit indie bands don't have shills.

ts hard enough to find someone irl who doesnt think green day is the epitome of punk.

Local scenes everywhere I've lived/visited always seem to thrive tho

honestly as far as hardcore I think it more or less killed itself when the bands all decided they wanted to be "metal"

Vice versa really

its more of a subculture than a genre at this point imo

That's depressing

Is Embrace the best Ian's project?

c'mon user, don't be contrarian....it's Fugazi.

seconded

you cant really go wrong with minor threat tho

It's a great project ill tell ya that

ARF ARF

I mean they're ok

They pop up fairly frequently and are usually insanely goddamn terrible. nobody on Sup Forums actually listens to punk or goes to shows so it's just the same surface-level, discussed-to-death shit being posted ad infinitum.

TIL earth crisis was where hardcore stopped evolving/was the only band playing hardcore from then on

Mfw fugazi not punk or hardcore

listen to this if you like punk rock. One of my favourites.

top pick m8

What kind of punk is this ?

Shit thread

:(

Teen Idles is solid as well for a first project

I think in order to be involved with the punk scene you have to see shows and I think most people on Sup Forums don't see shows. So this board doesn't get much punk traffic.

If you're looking for some history and some more original bands you should watch "American Hardcore". Good documentary that goes over a lot of bands and the movement across the country