Politically charged music

Do you think we will see an influx in music that has strong political influence since the great upheaval we've seen in 2016? With Brexit, and now Trump, do you think music will reflect these social changes? Do you think it will lead to good music?

Pic related, they new album is clearly politically changed. Will this be common?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sNAw3f5VXA8
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6AEDpfXRwE
youtube.com/watch?v=BuQG6_evFc8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Personally I'm surprised that there hasn't been much brexit focused music from the brits.

Is this album good?
Does anybody care?

I mean, I really liked it, I thought it was a strong 8/10 at least. It had some really nice gritty sounds, which I liked.

OHHHHH BOY THIS IS GONNA BE A SHITSHOW WAIT FOR THE YEEHAW BOIS TO COME THROUGH AND REDPILL THE FUCK OUT OF US GUYS!!!!

What?

yeah really, what user..?
I just want to talk about depeche mode and political songs..

I don't think the current political situation has a quick band-aid fix or any easy solutions. I certainly hope people are educated by the music they listen to, to some extent. But I don't think we're ever gonna have any artist that is capable of rapid firing the information necessary to inform an electorate in any effective manor.

If music doesn't in the coming decades doesn't have a strong political influence, it will be at least influenced strongly by politics.

This is exactly why we won't see an artist come rapid firing statistics and information and arguments. Because in general audiences would just cover their ears and effectively say "LALALALALALALALA FUCK YOU"

I didn't mean for it to seem like I was making fun of you. I was making fun of people who once they hear political music with typical leftist views they get all anal about people giving their opinion on their precious trump.

This is honestly the dumbest shit. I'm voted for Trump and I know that like 90% of artists I listen to would disagree with me politically or maybe just even hate me, but I'm okay with it.

The thing that pisses me off is how rarely people like you can do the reverse.
How many of you listen to music made by right-wing musicians who espouse their views in their songs?

I think musicians who come out "as trump supporters", etc, is a giant shit show. Just like the whole political system/climate in the USA, the most influential democracy/arguably government in the world. I think there's deeper issues and real questions about the whole human condition and society as a whole that have to be answered when the planet is faced with limited energy resources and increasing climate change. I don't think most musicians, or people in general, are really fully aware of this situation and are just now starting to address it. It's an uncomfortable, painful, difficult, time consuming and exhausting process but it is occurring.

If the musics good I'll listen I won't get butt hurt or "triggered". Soooo chilllout maann

Shut the fuck up you cuck

Name some artists who you listen to who's lyrics directly conflict with your personally held values. I'll wait.

What are some popular right wing bands then?

Personally haven't found many artists like that who I've liked, but if I found one I wouldn't mind. And there's several artists I enjoy who are more conservative but don't express it in their music much. Basically if it's good and not racist or something like that I don't mind.

>they new album
nigger detected

Easy , pretty much every rapper.

Ugly god fucked my bitch >:(

>Depeche Mode

why are you so upset over this?

I'd like to think that the artists I listen to usually want their music to be just vague enough that people can attach their own personal experiences and values to it, yet still have it mean something important.

I honestly can't enjoy politically charged music that isn't done so out of parody or humor.

really?

>popular
There really aren't any. It's not popular to be openly right-wing, because people will complain and boycott their music. That's sort of my whole point.

So you don't listen to any artists who have obvious ideological differences in their music, got it. That's what I figured.

Because protest music worked out so well during the Iraq War.

Do you want more of this, OP? youtube.com/watch?v=sNAw3f5VXA8

I hope a musician can come along and effectively capitalize on fame and turn their one vote into at lest 1,000,000 votes to the candidate of their choice. Maybe Ariana grande can

I like this sort of thing honestly, makes me nostalgic honestly. I used to love Green Day, and Eminem White America, and Flobots, etc

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6AEDpfXRwE

There's always been political and politics influenced music so it's nothing new, but bands that are best known for songs about unrequited love, and relationships suddenly taking on making political rally songs is cringe as fuck.

Either that your you letting nigger dominate and ravage your personal dialect, they will soon ravage your women as well. But I'm sure your ok with that. And the men of your blood that came before you and survived to get you here would be proud, and I know you don't care. This is where it ends for your DNA

yes we need more subtle anti regressive left music

I just said I was open to it you dense fuck. Why don't you name me some good ones and I'll check them out?

I dunno, dude, what kind of music do you even like?

I hope your girlfriend cheats on you with a black guy and sends you the video

youtube.com/watch?v=BuQG6_evFc8

>left wing """""""""""music""""""""

So you're terrified of "my kind" taking "your" women? Lol how insecure can you be

Idiot I said I like all rappers who are kind of against what I believe it. For example , objectifying women , killing, calling for cops to be shot , and drug dealing . Yet I enjoy the music.

lol this dude actually figured out that you weren't white. that's impressive.

Not really
look at the message again

>regressive left
holy FUCK, is there a more annoying term than this? calling the people who want progression beyond reason "regressives" is so fucking dumb. THEY aren't regressive, I AM! the alt-lite has to GET OUT.

but anyway, how is spirit that at all?

t. regressive leftist

I don't call blasphemy laws against islam progressive

You fell for the rap meme.

Hello, fellow Trump supporter here.
Honestly a lot of the opening leftist musicians are unbearable but in terms of being petty. I think the trump supporters are just petty to the max. When that singer-songwriter villa joy wore that obnoxious MAGA dress. Her album skyrocketed to number one on iTunes and if you look at the comment section holy fuck they were buying her whole discography just because she supported trump.

Not really, most rappers say it for entertainment purposes, but some of them are telling the truth.

$0.02 Have been deposited into your account.

no, regressive rightist. the ultra-progressive people who dave rubin calls the "regressive left" are people who i also hate, but i can somewhat respect the genuinely regressive people on the left

I agree faggot.
Tbh her musici

you do realize that "progression" is a subjective term right?

Remove every muslim from western countries. Now that's progression. Remove cultural marxism indoctrination built on lies from the education system.

The regressive left is called that because they don't care about freedom or true liberalism. They want their far left beliefs to be authoritarian.

Is shite

Haha fucking nu male cuck bitch libtard amirite!

Even your boss thinks so. Virgin.

Fuck u nigger lover

I get the feeling that you are creatively and morally bankrupt.

Whatever you say man

reminder that populist nationalism is the patrician political ideology

I can only hope Annie Clark saves this shit, cause I hate Trump but honestly 90% of anti-Trump music sucks

It ends up with you being the only one here delivering a shitshow

You're retarded

>left wing totalitarianism is progressive

Go back to your cancerous cesspool

Where do you think we are user?

I'll take politics over all the sad personal albums all white male musicians have turned to.

Bowie, Cohen, Cave, Everum, etc. If you're going to use subject material for cheap acclaim, at least political songs can be uptempo.

Sup Forums but you have to go back
This is one of the reasons why Sup Forums is such a shithole, with retards shoehorning politics to spread cancer

The thread was actually pretty civil until you showed up. Also Sup Forums is my home board. Maybe you should stop flinging shit and you'll get less shit flinging in return.

>Civil
Start with shit threads, get shit replies.

So stop complaining about shitty replies in threads when you're the one posting them, retard.

After you
I'm doing this to encourage more of this