Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iFp7W3PoNPI
youtube.com/watch?v=OKDwJOdq3zU&list=PL4kQzuvLbppdpm73eE7P6-K9tBgU4kzOZ
youtube.com/watch?v=29TJbZmHUgo
youtube.com/watch?v=mjOVICqIpjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PVwJMOtfJbU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its a guitar

Turn it up extremely loud, it helps too if you're fucked up preferably on weed or acid. And keep in mind when I say loud I mean LOUD. Then close your eyes and listen into the music. Listen to the *sound* of it and not the songwriting.

i never got it either

It's supposed to put you into a trance like state

like how much loud do you mean exactly?

I mean

L O U D
O
U
D

Overrated

It's good but it's no Seance

holy fRICK THATS LOUD

horrible opinions

Gave it ten minutes at max volume on headphones. Proto-emo wankology for chronic masturbators.

Literally it needs to be loud enough to where you go deaf after the snare intro to Only Shallow. That way you don't need to hear the album at all

Chronic masturbator here. I can confirm that I love this album

To me is not a weed or lsd album, maybe alcohol, but definitely you need to be in a certain set of mind to get it, only not drug related.

You had to hear it when it came out: it's aged like milk.

They have better albums, this one is just overhyped mediocrity.

There is nothing profound to get. It's just fucking sounds good in a way nothing else out there does.

Would you recommend Isn't Anything or mbv? I listened to Loveless yesterday on speakers and I wasn't that blown away. I'm planning on listening to it on headphones now, to get a different perspective on it.

You can't go wrong with either one, though I'd pick Isn't Anything.

Thank you. I've finished listening to it the second time now, on headphones. My opinion on the album as a whole hasn't changed very much, although I Only Said is a work of a mad genius in my opinion. Do any of their other albums have similar songs?

Oh really? Name me literally one shoegaze album that sounds as good as Loveless

is this a sad album?

>I listened to Loveless yesterday on speakers and I wasn't that blown away.

Loveless is an album I didn't immediately love at first, but as I listened to more music, I found it more and more impressive that Loveless managed to reach a sound that is so unique and other bands haven't even gotten close to replicating.

Not really. It's more dreamy and ethereal.

it is for me, i listened to this with my ex the first day we met and spent time together.

It helps if you gain an appreciation for 80s dream pop and alt rock. Loveless is a revolution while also sounding like the culmination of all that came before it.

youtube.com/watch?v=iFp7W3PoNPI
youtube.com/watch?v=OKDwJOdq3zU&list=PL4kQzuvLbppdpm73eE7P6-K9tBgU4kzOZ
youtube.com/watch?v=29TJbZmHUgo
youtube.com/watch?v=mjOVICqIpjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PVwJMOtfJbU

The first song was kinda cool but after that it became just a wall of sound and I turned it off. That's my experience with this album. Maybe I should revisit it.

Yeah, you should, preferably with good headphones.

its okay not to like something over people like

the only song that sounds slightly dated is soon because of the electronic drumming at the start
and that song is unbelievably good

this

You literally have to be somebody who only listens to music every once in a while to not get an album as easy to get as this

If you don't like the wall of sound, you won't like the album. I'd recommend trying to appreciate it. The guitars on I Only Said are fantastic.

Light opiates

What is with people saying every album slightly out of the ordinary is a "drug album" or you have to be fucked up? Can you not pay attention without being stoned?

No they can't.