GOAT

the kendrick lamar of white people

He's good.
Merzbow is better

met him once, he was really nice guy

>got jacked
>married a pretty lady
he's an okay dude

He's a bitch for blocking me on twitter for sending him pic related.

He made the quake soundtrack, which saved that game from being boring as fuck.

Pretty much this

Inb4 b-b- MUH JOHNNY CASH IS BETTA

a mediocre Rozz Williams impersonator who later on became a generic idem dudebro

I could beat him in a fight.

t. 5'8" female

Got into his music through his soundtrack works, never thought about listening to nine inch nails in my early years but I gotta say he was top notch in the 90s

uh what is the context for this photo?

don't worry I sent it to him again

he doesnt wanna fight, hes ascended amongst plebs like yourself.

Quick rundown?

quick rundown on Trent Reznor

>classically trained pianist
>can turn anything into a musical instrument
>was a founding member of Slam Bamboo
>made Marilyn Manson a successful artist
>grew immense muscles in a month
>Timbaland bows down to him
>can beat you in a fight

>Merzbow is better

kek

also
>runs Industrial genre with an iron but fair fist

>Slam Bamboo
>mfw most Sup Forums doesnt even know this patrician band
Fucking plebs hear this out
youtube.com/watch?v=iWccbyICM_A

>white ''''''''''''''men''''''''''''''''

courtney was right

all true by the way

hello redd¡t!

*blocks your path*

how do you proceed?

You forgot the time he chose not to release an album because it was too good.

youtube.com/watch?v=SPuVy65V1uQ

>tfw someone posted this and said "A good, painless death for your Doggo will be granted if you say "Good girl Girl Maise', so I posted it for my doggo and two days later my doggo had a brain aneurysm and died on the spot in front of me.

That's What I Get

"T-Trent, can I... can I reconsider your offer, please? If I have to sing Hey Man Nice Shot one more time it's going to be an autobiographical song..."

Thoughts on his recent albums?

>thats what i get

I haven't listened to it yet. Is it as bad as I suspect it might be?

His newest album is kinda nice, the first track is good, rest is eh

helo this is not tront

i think tront rezner is a prety good artsit and makes very good music and also he looks very sandshome

ive got all his alblums

u shoud buy them too u know

Pretty Hate Machine is in the top five of greatest synthpop albums of all time

>less good than Alphaville's debut
>less good than Kim Wilde's first two albums
>less good than Duran Duran's Rio
>less good than Ministry's debut
whoops and I didn't even name all the 5 best synthpop albums here

The Downward Spiral > Hesitation Marks >The Fragile > Not The Actual Events > Year Zero > Broken > The Slip > Pretty Hate Machine > With Teeth

this is a Terrible Lie

Trent sounds like a mildly inconvenienced Phil Collins.

>When the cocaine kicks into overdrive

wrong
Broken > Quake Soundtrack > Tetsuo 3 main theme > The Downward Spiral = Pretty Hate Machine >> NTAE > The Fragile >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else he's done

>When the Cocaine is starting to mellow, but then the shrooms you ingested before the show decide to start manifesting itself to the world.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S61869560#p61870947
was it him

yes

Year Zero and Hesitation Marks were amazing.

Broken is kinda overrated, TDS shits all over it in every way. Everything Broken does TDS does better.

Probably not The Only Time

I had a terrible crush on Kim Wilde in highschool.

year Zero was soffffffft and hesitation marks even more so.

TDS is only superior to Broken by the standards that lead people to think Rings of Saturn is superior to Dying Fetus.
>Everything Broken does TDS does better.
it sometimes does it as good, but in much smaller quantities, and dilutes it in massive amounts of depressed Phil Collins vocals.

rightfully so.

Kim is kute

>year Zero was soffffffft and hesitation marks even more so.

They are better packages than Broken, Broken is all about just rage and that being it, Broken isn't really all that interesting, Wish and Last are pretty intense songs, but they don't have anything else going for them. The Downward Spiral has much more to offer, it has much richer soundscape.

Year Zero wasn't all that soft, the instrumentals were fucking brutal.

As for Hesitation Marks, it had some of his best work, like "I Would For You", "Satellite", "In Two" and "While I'm Still Here" it's a wonderful album.

Hesitation Marks may be a soft album, but it has a lot of layers and is greatly varied. NiN is much more than a metal/rock band, "Still", Hesitation Marks and "The Fragile are a great proof of that.

Trent sounds like such a passive-aggressive cunt sometimes

the kind of guy who gets kids just so that he can show them off and feel superior around his friends who didn't.

He sounds pretty agressive in that post, nothing passive about it.

As for Trent's kids, Trent did say he wanted a family ever since With_Teeth to The Slip era.

>Broken is all about just rage and that being it
which is exactly why it's his most interesting piece.

>Year Zero wasn't all that soft, the instrumentals were fucking brutal.
uh, sometimes there were distorted guitars, but the production made everything sound less abrasive and less percussive.

soundscapes, layers, variety etc... are just added value, if there isn't a solid rock foundation behind them, the result is LESS than a rock/metal album.

Hesitation Marks and The Fragile are great proofs of that.
And so does Antichrist Superstar, for the opposite reason: it's a solid rock album even without Trent's talent.

With Teeth has been growing on me a lot lately

wrong. trent was an asshole who did this to tori:

>they met in l.a. she dropped her boyfriend for him, she had the keys to his house in new orleans. she went over there one day and all the locks were changed. she called from her car phone, and the number was changed. then she was standing there on the sidewalk wondering what the hell was going on, and trent had two bodyguards come out and throw her into her car.

BITE
THE
HAND
THAT
FEEDS

Yet Broken really isn't all that interesting, there is almost no replay value to it all, there is nothing to catch the second around, expect for tracks like Hapiness In Slavery or Gave Up, the rest is kind of simple. There is no real theme in the entirety of the record, the tracks do not have any connection. Wish is as generic as they come. It's not bad, but with what comes later in discography it is nothing special.

Meanwhile The Downward Spiral is arguably even more agressive in parts and has better songs, there is no single track on Broken that even touches the quality of any track on The Downward Spiral. Invidual tracks and even as an entire album TDS is just better in every single possible way thanks to the variety and the concept the entire album has. The agression hits the listener in a much bigger force when it strikes suddenly out of nowhere, Broken has no real surprises. The Downward Spiral is really unstable which makes it all that more effective to my ears.

>the result is LESS than a rock/metal album.

The substance doesn't have to be hidden just within rock, that is what I at least believe. Broken is a nice preparation for TDS, that's what I see it as, it is important, without it TDS wouldn't be possible.

Sticking your dick into Courtney makes you do strange things. She truly is a Reptile.

WILL YOU
BITE
THE HAND
THAT FEEEDS YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Lots a coke maaaaan

YOU GET YOU CLOSER TO DOG

Gets to fist his wife every night
Has a 7.5 incher

FIST
FUCK

I lost my virginity to a girl who looked like her and had a nice ass

The Downward Spiral > The Fragile = Year Zero > Broken = Not the Actual Events = Still = The Social Network = TGWTDT (I haven't heard Gone Girl yet but it's prob around here too) > Hesitation Marks > Pretty Hate Machine > The Slip > Ghosts >>>> With Teeth

Nothing below a 6/10 though

reznor
died
said fist fuck, won a grammy for it

All this talk about Courtney is making me think . Holy shit how amazing would it of been if Kurt and Trent collaborated on something.

>Ywn never be flat out rejected by Trent Reznor and then have Maynard James Keenan sitting in the friendzone, singing you lullabies to help you sleep at night.

youtube.com/watch?v=64LnAIC9RWo

Kek

From what little I could find, he seemed pretty dismissive of Nine Inch Nails - and by very little I mean a sarcastic comment about playing Nine Inch Nails material at MTV Unplugged

I like it when Trent talks shit about people.

I know he keeps saying Down In It was a direct rip off of Dig It, and who am I to say otherwise, but each time I listen to Dig It, I keep hearing Terrible Lie.

youtube.com/watch?v=uK4fUpUywwQ

>When you try to be clever and invoke Jesus as a response to him, so so he dedicates April Fools Day in your honour.

>almost no replay value at all
wrong
it's catchy enough to be replayed almost indefinitely

whereas his less catchy albums are only as replayable as the amount of little sound gizmos you can detect.

>arguably even more aggressive in parts
yeah, for spans of, like ten seconds.
>has better songs
they can't be better if they're less aggressive overall

>in every single possible way
not in the ways that matter: consistent aggressiveness and catchiness
And you're acting as if it didn't have any flaws. it does; namely the greater prominence of whiny Phil Collins vocals, the frequent lulls and the unsatisfying dramatic progression, which is a pretty big deal for an allegedly narrative album.

the concept of TDS is also pretty fucking hackneyed and isn't narrated in a very interesting or poetic way. But then again Trent has always sucked at lyrics. That wouldn't be an issue if it didn't seem to be so crucially important to the proper appreciation of the album, but apparently it is. And there isn't much to appreciate story-wise. If anything the concept of the album drags it down because of how incredibly mundane and ordinary it sounds compared to how outlandish the album itself sometimes sounds.

Broken is more efficient, more straightforward, with less bullshit, less compromises, less awkward moments. if it's a preparation to TDS then clearly something went wrong at some point, and I think it's when Trent decided to "restrain" himself after being shamed by the daughter of one of the guys who were killed by Charles Manson's goons

as a result it sounds more dramatic than Broken, but also weaker and less fully realized

Sharon Tate's sister

correct

Is there a link for this?

youtube.com/watch?v=7bnwDDJn0-w

>The substance doesn't have to be hidden just within rock, that is what I at least believe.
sure but if it's not rock it's gotta be another genre with an efficient formula that can be followed and improved successfully. Synthpop and EBM in the case of Pretty Hate Machine for example.

Albums that don't fall into clearly identifiable genres and still sound really satisfying are very rare and Trent's later output doesn't qualify.

Fuck, I'd be totally okay with Trent if he decided to make happy hardcore and eurobeat like H.P. Baxxter as long as he doesn't mangle it.

AWITHA TEETHA

kek

Even he said that he was never industrial.

Gently mock him, resulting in him collapsing into a heap crying

It's a fucking desert, there's nowhere to block.

With_Teeth is a great album if you remain faithful to Trent's vision of it being an albumdedicated to anthropomorphizing his addictions into a vile woman he's trying to break up with.

He then proceeded to go to Rick Rubin for advice on how to create an album that wouldn't nearly kill him like The Fragile nearly did. Probably not the best person to go to, but whatever.

>How'd he get so big?
>How'd he get so strong?
>How'd he get so hard?
>How'd he get so long?

He's definitely a bit of a drama llama - I remember at one point he got into a completely pointless bitchfest with Front Line Assembly because he said their songs 'didn't go anywhere' or some shit.

Then there was that time a bunch of his fangirls were shit talking Mariqueen during their engagement, suggesting she would make him relapse because she drinks. So Trent sent them instructions on Twitter on how to properly slit their wrists.

I don't think he likes people all that much.

Well I can kind of get behind that one desu - I just find musicians slagging off other musicians kinda tiresome.

>she dropped her boyfriend for him

what a whore

Yeah, I'm inclined to think that it was a test on Reznor's part to see what she would do. She failed, he dropped her.

Must have been during his evil alignment era

youtube.com/watch?v=DgKcCsN052M

how can you present such a normal opinion in such a reddit way

>mfw spent 2 days listening to this straight..

youtube.com/watch?v=DhvXST1Rc3g

trent btfo

youtube.com/watch?v=O4H5h-oHvuo

I
WANNA
FUCK
YOU
AN
ANIMAL

youre wrong, kurt was the one that actually got himself btfo