youtube.com/watch?v=ExtdveIZXHk
docs.google.com/document/d/1j15d1eTN6xyg2QHgSi4vEbGP2t85T5vUDnC_9hH2D2k/edit
youtu.be/WEyPRe-yl8A
youtube.com/watch?v=Ws9OKILtR5Y&list=PL80B6F03F18D0B5CE&index=9
youtube.com/watch?v=Va9fNf4FZyM&list=PLxAifinI-LDNpVbPwwu2X7Kw8B-U_jw5b
jimforce.tumblr.com/post/93153160169/all-the-nockforce-music-ever
youtu.be/pHCdS7O248g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't listen to albums, hip-hop is all about the singles.

youtube.com/watch?v=IbOeQjPcAb8

Check out the Kinison EP by Your Old Droog.

This guy is baiting you. Here's some good albums:

The Low End Theory
Illmatic
Doggystyle
Paid In Full

Also just a few new-school recs listen to:

-Earl sweatshirt
-Vince Staples
-Kendrick/Kanye/Drake
-Aesop rock
-Logic

Try a song or two from each and whoever's style you really, listen to their album. I would probably say start with Drake since he is the most accessible.

you forgot joey bada$$

Fuck me I'm not at home. Can't post my charts. I'll try to when I get home if the thread is still alive.

Paul's Boutique was my first hip-hop album, and I used to be a huge fan of dadrock. It's a great album to ease you into hip-hop. Start with that

I find the classic stuff more enjoyable

Instead of giving a list I'll just give one solid 10/10 hip-hop album.

Das fx
Geto boys
Brand Nubian
Busdriver

Are you the one shilling those hip hop charts?

Kanye West is the most modern, accessible and single handedly saved and moulded hip-hop of the last decade. Plus he is genuinely fantastic.

In a similar fashion, 2001 by Dr Dre and good kid maad city by Kendrick Lamar are decade definongly good. I'm not much a fan of older/classic stuff, but The Score by The Fugees and Bizarre Ride 2 The Pharcyde are two I'd recommend.

Drake us super popular right now but I have no idea. I hate everything about him.

MBDTF by Kanye West, Good Kid Maad City by Kendrick Lamar, the cool by lupe fiasco, summertime 06 by Vince staples, 1999 by Joey bada$$, run the jewels 3 are all pretty recent albums that I would reccomend to someone who has never listened to rap that wants to get into it

Paul's Boutique by the Beastie Boys. I'm a dadrock fan and I really love that album

Listen to chopen and screwed texas stuff, fuck the rest

Y E S! Please send hate. It's the only thing keeping my black, cruel soul alive and well.

Please send all hate to [email protected]

the new music

youtube.com/watch?v=SBQ7ciHFVWw&feature=youtu.be

Atmosphere

Can you just list them out that way I can check them off? My computer broke so I'm only on mobile now.

You mean to type you a list? Would you prefer I type it normally or do you want it in pic form still?

Normally that way I can just add it to my notes and check it off . All my music collection is on my drives and computer, but I have this thing that if I don't visually see or hear something I can't remember it on the spot , so I'm stumped as to what I have on my collection until I trigger the memory or extract all that stuff from the drives

youtube.com/watch?v=FJEzEDMqXQQ

I still listen to the soul, De La that is

BRING BACK DE LA SOUL, if they put out an album on vinyl I will literally buy it, if that's what it takes

Their new thing is great. They put it on Spotify. The track with Snoop is incredible.

Should I type it here or link you to a document?

It's a LONG fucking list, buddy.

Start with outkast imo
Stankonia is a good place to start

Link it , if I can't open it I'll jump over to my samsung

I'll have it typed as soon as I can.

youtube.com/watch?v=eAoqWu6wmfI

You mean tribe? I haven't listened to the full album in honesty. Or the new De La soul... I can't afford to buy the new vinyl! Surely you will forgive me if I pirate it....

Ty. I help you with an experimental/ alternative hip hop chart so you can spam that too

It's like freaking 30 bucks in the store for a copy!

30 bucks! Geeze

But I can get it for 15 dollars at walmart with free shipping

;_;

those poor record store guys, all I do is come in and listen to their 50.cent records for an hour then spend 3 dollars. Jokes on them, I got a De La Soul single for 3 bucks. , with instrumentals, accapellas, everything hahahahaha. I really should give back so they don't go out of bizness, they're literally the only record store in town.

I haven't bought music in ten years. Well maybe when I go to a show and like it. But yea, i was talking about the new De La Soul album.

Well if you don't support quality music it won't be released.

>Logic

Disgusting

I didn't even think about that theme. It's actually a really good idea.

I can't post the doc list now but I will when I can. Thanks for understanding.

I always go to the store and buy 1 dollar stuff cause like, 30 dollars for a record is ridiculous in my mind. Especially when I can get it for free online.

but I'd feel like a bad guy if I didn't at least buy the couple good releases every year that come out. Hey, who knows, maybe I'll even get a collection somebody would want to look at with me

Do you guys really not like mumble rap?

youtube.com/watch?v=mOSw2MF8uao

It feels more and more stupid the more I listen to it. I feel like I'd be on the wrong side of history if I was voting with my money/attention for thug/gucci over De La/tribe. They're both pretty unexciting, but the thing about tribe/de la is that it's like a deep mine of knowledge that really needs to be absorbed, and although I'll probably only find one track at first I really enjoy I'll more likely than not grow to love the whole record. It's just too much sometimes.

Thing with thugger/gucci is it's like being stuck in the same place, every release is the same, and it's the same topics over and over. It's like perpetual hell almost.

I was "le wrong generation" dadrocker, and then MBDTF came out. That thing changed everything for me

Like really, Gucci and Thugger raps at one point really resonated with me. But I realized that lifestyle isn't any way to live with longevity and I'm trying to move away from it. It just feel like a dead end, and like every single song is just a commercial at this point. I hope the new De La/Tribe fills that hole in my life. Maybe it'll just be disappointing though

youtube.com/watch?v=ExtdveIZXHk

This is actually really good!

DE LA SOUL IS GREAT!!

Lmao this is such a meme it fucking hurts

THAT explains all the Kanye worship on this board

People with no context for hip hop worshiping the ground he walks on because pitchfork told them he was a genius

I've been listening to hip hop since I was a kid and I never got the hype around that album

7/10 at best

this, if you can't like this then there's no hope

don't forget yeezus

Everyone starts somewhere. Get your head out of your ass

I don't know if you're still here but I'm working on the document right now.
If you wanna watch live edit feel free to.

docs.google.com/document/d/1j15d1eTN6xyg2QHgSi4vEbGP2t85T5vUDnC_9hH2D2k/edit

Don't be an asshole. He's saying that one album made him realize that there IS good music being made today, and changed his perspective. That's unambiguously good.

Like I said, I go to shows.

That is fun, you never know what you'll find at open mic night

Yeah, I was looking at some stuff but I'm still watching the thread

youtu.be/WEyPRe-yl8A

Welp, the list is being typed.

Feel free to visit/save the link I sent.

white people and hip hop will never mix. its an embarrassing sight. maybe try some ltj bukem/mc conrad

youtube.com/watch?v=Ws9OKILtR5Y&list=PL80B6F03F18D0B5CE&index=9

If you like dadrock then you should probably check out dadrap. Check out the "Hipster Hop" section of pic related, most of those could function as good gateway albums.

Anything from De La Soul should be good entry tier hiphop

This one is pretty good , just take out death grips and place ho9909 or young fathers with it . Also the uncluded maybe ? Idk it's indie folk with rap , it's wierd af

Here's another one . Probably merge them together

This, also 36 Chambers. Just started listening to Public Enemy and they're pretty good too.

all you need

youtube.com/watch?v=Va9fNf4FZyM&list=PLxAifinI-LDNpVbPwwu2X7Kw8B-U_jw5b

>Hey leave him alone bro!

You must be on the wrong board

Haven't listened to the De La Soul album yet, but the Tribe album is great. I keep coming back to it.

>muh MBDTF

This meme needs to end

It's fun, but not substantial. We can enjoy the music, but let's not put these guys on pedestals or pretend like they're actually good at rapping.

Like McDonald's is great when you're drunk/high/out with friends, but it's obviously nothing special.

>muh Yeezus

Others that are considered alternative
Moodie black
Busdriver
Puppetmastaz
Saul Williams
Blades ( or blades of hades )
Quelle Chris
Antipop Consortium
Blue sky Black Death

2pacalypse Now is my favorite 2Pac record

bruh

>that Birdman verse
At least post Givenchy.

Didn't that guy get shot like 3 times and murdered?

Contrary to what your maladapted socially inept ass thinks, we are in fact capable of being nice to each other here sometimes. I try to be nice to people. You should too.

If you want some Nerd Rap check out NockFORCE
jimforce.tumblr.com/post/93153160169/all-the-nockforce-music-ever listen to Junior Novelization then First EP, Siege, then listen to NockFORCE 3

If you like dadrock OP there's a lot of stuff influenced by that

- The Eminem Show
- Run DMC - self titled and Raising Hell
- Early Beastie Boys
- My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
- Outkast - Stankonia

Some of these records aren't genre defining or anything, but I reckon they'd probably help you bridge the gap between classic rock and hip-hop

2Pacalypse > Against The World > All Eyes > Strictly 4 My Niggaz I don't like that after he was dead shit

Agree. Posthumous albums don't exist in my head canon

Bump

youtu.be/pHCdS7O248g

>we're nice now

I hate nu-Sup Forums

>kendrick kanye and drake all in the same row
>everybody else gets their own meme arrow
What did he mean by this