Do you have urban blight near you? Do you like to take pictures of it?

Do you have urban blight near you? Do you like to take pictures of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

urban3p.ru/object16692/gallery/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the second theres a crack in a wall somewhere here the house gets torn down and a new one gets built such is life in holland

Those buildings are aesthetic, a shame they're abandoned.

Man that would be a beautiful old building if they restored it.

None here in Florida thank god unless you count ghettos.

Well, it's not my taste. But in my country it's not common to restore 19th-century buildings in that state, when they are not historically relevant. Most 19th-century buildings don't have the same quality as 17th or 18th century buildings.

True, although in the New World the 19th century is a bit more historically potent. The oldest building in Chicago was built in 1831, for example.

No but I wish there was. I love it when buildings start to become reclaimed by the environment like that. There is something infinitely comfy about it.
Shame about the smack heads, et al., which tend to make those buildings and areas dangerous. It's a shame; I with councils would just let the wildlife go nuts.
Once spent a could of years living in a old brick building and the grass and trees around it has been allowed to regrow, because the builder owner was old and didn't give a fuck, and we had stuff like creeper vines down the side of the building and this big old tree with these huge but narrow branches sort of lingering about one side of the building and during the winter with the softer light pouring through the branches it was absolutely beautiful. Where I live now is basically nothing but "clean" shitty little places without a lick of a reminder that we actually exist surrounded by nature.
Worst of all is those Italian families who fucking decide to cover everything in sight with as much concrete as possible.

I live in New York. They tore down all the urban blight and instead built 5000$ a month condos that all the rich white hipsters flock to.

I don't know which is worse desu.

Public transportation in the US

Philadelphia

Control boxes I guess

Single flower

live in DC, a blighted building is worth $3 million, so none exist

Yes, I understand that in the New World there are less old buildings and you are more likely to preserve it. A nice example of preservation is this one in Rotterdam. This building was used to store products from the Dutch Indies and now it's turned into apartments.

more philadelphia

The way inside
There was only one homeless person inside and he left us alone. Had to get on back to shimmy under door. Interior seemed largely safe except for holes in the concrete floor. There was a cell tower at the top that had signs warning of dangerous EM waves.

A view from the inside. Iseem to have lost some pictures.

This abandoned train roundabout is in upstate NY.

Florida itself is America's blight.

It's not quite as interesting as the abandoned high rises, but safer.

you could probably host a sweet rave here
Given the location a hoe-down is just as likely

Behold!

>tfw you will never hack a megacorp from an abandonded building from a makeshift secondhand computer using stolen power and internet

comfy seat for sharting

Outside some

inside some

Often when I wander around in abandoned buildings I imagine that poverty in russia or ukraine would be similar

Is that prejudice? Does Russia have good opportunities for urban exploration? I bet china will in 10-15 years what with the ghost cities.

Yeah, there's tons of old semi underground trainlines and tunnels in glasgow that you can explore. I never took any pictures though

America looks fantastic for urban exploration

Anything abandoned in Britain gets demolished and redeveloped immediately. Such is life in a small country

>urban blight
i didn't know this word existed until today
i don't take pictures of it but i love them. urbex gives me tremendous feels...

some rich cunt mansion

paraguayan houses are in contact with nature (we don't cut off all the trees, and every residence has some patio or garden). add humidity to abandonment and you get lots of what you're looking for OP

Used to be a Imperial college
then NVKD regional headquarters
then Gestapo regional headquarters
and then KGB regional headquarters
and only then a hospital (lol)
they killed A LOT of people in this building
Building burned down twice, and known for it's bad karma

The neighborhood I'm living in right now is plagued with old houses next to brand new apartments.
It gives this place character and I kinda like it that way.

Nice building desu
Would squat/10

Very interesting. I'd love to see the inside of the mansion. Unfortunately policing can make exploration risky in the US. Policing, asbestos, and potential for violence.

We also have some abandoned subway systems. Previous one was an elevated train in philadelphia, this one is a subway in Rochester.

This is a popular "destination" downtown because it is a safe introduction to exploration. Many artists use it as a canvas

Sorry about the poor quality, my camera was terrible without bright light.

>asbestos
fuck that

They've been working on tearing it down or turning it into a park. Maybe both

yeah but it's sad seeing them whither away
if only someone with actual sense of culture bought them and restored them according to the original plans and blueprints..

in our capital the part of town close to the port (and, ashamed to say, just meters away from the Government Headquarters) is completely moldy and rotting. living in that area is overpriced and it's mostly business offices, old people, criminals and rats there
it's poverty but also ignorance, you know?

For this reason proper equipment and respirators are necessary. Eye protection as well.

here:

urban3p.ru/object16692/gallery/

Darker before it gets lighter, then a rail crossing over the river, then a pitch black 1/2 mile tunnel.

Thank you.
Beginning of river crossing

More bullshit

I wish there were older ruins to explore here. Very little is fro

cincinnati subway is the fucking thing

m before 1900

Looking out before entering the tunnel. No pictures from inside the tunnel because it is very dark.

And the other side. Not much to see inside, as there are no stations or stops.

This picture reminds me of New Orleans.

and now for some historical urbex (kek does it really count as "urban"?)

Later the same day I entered an abandoned mental hospital. because it was boarded up, I had to climb a firehose someone had tied to a second story window. It was quite exciting. Only after exploring the building did I learn that it is full of asbestos. Unfortunately I didn't go to the basement to find the morgue. On the top floor there was a room for surgery though.

classic

It was in very poor shape
I wish I had entered during the day.

???

Some people had conveniently marked the path to exit the building with Xs

I didn't find any records

Here's an autoclave next to surgery

Surgery light

edgy quotes

you wear equipment whilst exploring?

Don't lean here!

found any ghost inside the hospital?
also how do you avoid junkie squatters? do you pay toll to them or you avoid their lair or whot

I haven't in the past, but I now own a respirator and will probably wear it if I'm going into an area where I expect dangerous substances may be. I usually just wear boots, jeans, a durable coat, and gloves. I carry a heavy flashlight and multitool.

Last of my pictures, hopefully there will be more to come in the future.

I haven't met any junkie squatters so far but I have ran across homeless people. I haven't had any trouble with them. Said hi to one and we both kept our distance. It's always a good idea to explore with company, they're a lot less likely to fuck with you. I'd like to carry a gun for my safety but trespassing with a gun is even more illegal and the police aren't likely to let you off with a slap on the wrist.

I live near philly too, Of all the older cities in the US, we definitely have the grittiest aesthetic. A lot of other cities have cleaned up their acts like NY and Boston, but we remain very noir

holy fuck, how are those places not filled with homeless people?
in my country we had to put a 24/7 watch to keep people out of a public amphitheatre

I don't see it as something shameful, it is what it is and it gives the neighborhood a hipster vibe since its full of bike shops, cafes and billiard bars.
Some old abandoned historic building are now bars or nightclubs. Poor people live in the outskirts of the city or outside of it but still in the metropolitan area.

East coast cities are a lot better at removing or containing the homeless than west coast cities. It's west coast cities where you see huge concentrations of homeless wandering around. Philly has a lot too, but many are heroin addicts who stay in run down buildings at one end of town.

Weather is also a huge factor. WEst coast cities are popular because the weather tends to stay consistent and the homeless have to seek shelter less. THe east coast is more seasonal so they can't be out all the time

many people walk through and the police don't even lock it up. Instead they drive police cars through it and make the homeless leave. I've seen a few in remote corners and a bed with trash and human excrement in a damp hole in the wall. Aside from that they probably are out in the city during the day and come back at night for shelter.

Depends really.
There's a load of abandoned shit in the country because they're listed buildings and the owners are waiting for them to collapse.

Also on a clearing just off a country road near me, there's a row of boarded up '60s houses, but you can't get on there because it's next to a nuclear facility and police with guns come and ask you to fuck off.

but they are pretty big with nice roofs and make a good shelter, in my country they make houses in places like that with electric grid and everything

well i'm not talking about demolishing but about repairing them
no matter how you put it, mold is never "pintoresque" and good :¬(

we don't care nearly as much for the homeless as other countries like yours do. America is a first world country if you have money, but if your homeless you might as well live in the third world

yes and yes
i fell for the urban exploration meme and going through this thread i have a semi-boner thinking about how exciting it would be to go to all these places in the middle of the night
sorry, no pics to contribute because they are all at my parents place in old pc

We have homeless shelters and government housing aid and such. On the west coast in Seattle they may "have a heart" and let the homeless live in public parks and the streets of down town. Rochester doesn't have rich bleeding hearts that advocate for such things and is poor and dilapidated. As such police have less tolerance and homeless people go find a nicer city with richer people to beg from and better weather.

we have a lot of those here in my town.

People live in a few so they're repaired but there's a tad that are not and I know that in other parts of the country they're outright forgotten.

>homeless people go find a nicer city with richer people to beg from and better weather

This sounds like that South Park episode

>America is a first world country
>has homeless people everywhere
>no support for anyone
>retarded health system
>first world

AHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i bet places like pic related are perfectly good if restored with some cheap walls, an electric grid and sewage by the goverment and sold as lofts/apartments. not sure about where are they placed in the city but with some carpentry and plumbery you can make that a house sturdier than you average american cardboard-made house

>Homeless people everywhere
>No support for anyone
see

thanks, I did over-exaggerate a bit. We do help the homeless, just not as much as others. Idk what the west coast thinks they are doing.

It's under a bridge in the middle of the city.and would never be up to code and if it was it wouldn't be cheap. Plus, the government can't decide if it wants to rebuild the subway or destroy it entirely. Rochester has a lot of issues and they're trying to focus on combating blight and stemming the outflow of people and businesses. This is the case across most of the rust belt. The population of Rochester has fallen by 36% since its peak in 1950. The major industries (Kodak, Xerox) have died or declined. There are many issues in the area and they deal with them as best they can.

Despite these issues, New York City a few hundred miles away continues to grow and prosper. The upstate dies and doesn't receive enough funding from one of the richest states to fix its problems. No businesses want to move to Rochester because of the business unfriendly environment, nobody wants to move to Rochester because it's a shithole with high taxes. So businesses and people go south.

Yes
t. dying Upstate NY city

Which one?

It's because California has been built up way too fucking fast, and a result people are getting priced out much faster than their incomes could manage.

Syracuse

Here is a google streetview photo of the outside of the abandoned hospital

Hey, that's right by my house. I always wondered why they never bothered to reopen it. The building itself is in good condition.

The outside, I suppose. The inside is not and has serious water damage and from what I understand asbestos which would be very costly to renovate.

what kind of code would it break exaclty, im sure fixing whatever it doesn't have is cheaper than building an apartment building alone.

Imagine being the mayor/governor of that shit, I thought Sim City was bad