Pet Sounds is ok

SMiLE when

Album of the decade right here

When did you realize this was AOTY?

Hey can you guys check out my album?

It has a banana on it

Mike Love here AMA

this is

Have you heard about Warhol's shitty "art-music" project? What a load of crap. If I want rough and dirty rock music, I can listen to Dick Dale or the Sonics

This is contrived garbage, nothing will come of this.

Depends, do you do a gay voice?

Holy shit they did it lads. AOTY

The absolute madmen

music is dying
rip music

but music is only 57 years old now

This bowie guy is too straightforward and boring. I really hope he expands and experiments, otherwise his career is going to shit

How many levels of absolute mad man is he on?

WTF IS THIS DEGENERATE HIPPIE SHIT

Guys, the tracklist for the new Who album just leaked.

1. Armenia City In the Sky
2. Heinz Baked Beans
3. Mary Anne With the Shaky Hand
4. Odorono
5. Tattoo
6. Our Love Was
7. I Can See For Miles
8. I Can't Reach You
9. Medac
10. Relax
11. Silas Stingy
12. Sunrise
13. Rael

Thoughts?

these guys are going places

>2. Heinz Baked Beans
FUCKING SELLOUTS not buying this album

What is this the sell out album?

Yeah, the unemployment line

Eh, it's not that special. It's catchy and more eclectic than most blues rock but it's not an all-time great

The cover just leaked too. What the fuck is going on?

This is surely the end for them

I fucking hate hippies. I hope they all kill die from overdosing on marijuana cigarettes.

new album when?

grace is cute! CUTE!

Well I've done it Sup Forums. You've broken me. I just spent the last half hour listening to a junkie yell in my ear behind some shit lo-fi guitars WITHOUT any explanation. Do you understand Sup Forums? That means I've lost. That means that ignorance and meme spamming and shitposting nonsense has finally lead me down the oily path straight into the oven. You've set me ablaze Sup Forums. I'm on fire.

Wow. Just wow. Never in my life have I heard anything so fucking pretentious and useless to the whole of music in my entire life. A junkie and his white trash pals discover rock and roll music and it's headline news? What a waste of fucking time. What a waste of spam. What a waste of energy.

Are any of you proud of this faggotry? Are any of you better off for it? Do you really deem this music as worthy of any sort of acclaim? Are you all really 16?

What happened Sup Forums? What happened to all the things you stood for? Why am I raging in a shit thread asking for ONE SIMPLE FUCKING ANSWER and off all idiot spamming, posting-without-reading-the-thread anons and unfunny, unintelligent, nonsensical, waste of space and burden on society trips not ONE of you idiots could meet a demand? Not one can explain your actions?

Is Sup Forums just a farm of chickens looking up to the sky with their mouths open drowning in filthy rainwater piss because everyone else is doing it?

what album is that

Hopefully never

Fuck all of you.
Fuck the tripfags who think they're acknowledgement of their uselessness makes for any sort of cancer they've been spreading.
Fuck the anons who pretend that Sup Forums is just a game. Fuck following billboard or the rolling stone ironically or uniconically.
Fuck the same 130 AWFUL songs that keep getting spammed here everyday.

Not a single one of you shitheads deserve a music board or a community. You all deserve to be disconnected, friendless, wannabe-4chaners of the past.

I don't if care you think I'm trolling or looking for attention or whatever the spammers on the frontpage have said or done. I really don't care. I've leaving Sup Forums. It

means nothing to you but just know that one of the original soldiers of this site is gone. Laugh at it. Ignore it.
sage it.
II'm gone. I'm not even going to look at the responses to this post. You're all fucking children wasting your youth in a computer screen for music that people outside are already jerking off to. You all disappoint me.

Fuck I'm crying right now. My heart's been crushed and left in the mud. This is worse than any communist or any feel.

I hurts knowing there is no "you're here forever" sign for your old home.

>too busy suckin on a ding dong
>She's busy suckin on my ding dong

I really do fucking HOPE TO GOD you all aren't THIS fucking RETARDED.

If you seriously think that's a good line in ANY sort of way, shape or form, I'm sorry (actually, I'm fucking not), but I have to unironically inform you that you must be WAY below average levels regarding intelligence or mental capabilities, otherwise I see no fucking possible explanation to any somewhat intelligent being (not just human) ((subhumans/ niggers included)) ever thinking that's a "clever" fucking """"""""""rhyme"""""""""".

I have NEVER seen a bigger industry plant than fucking Lou "gay voice" Reed. As in, how fucking much (((money))) do (((they))) fucking pay you idiotic, retarded, braindead shills to promote his shitty fucking music? Is it REALLY worth it to waste your life advertising a fucking niggerman whose music SUCKS major dick to underage people all over the internet?

How SAD are YOU? Seriously, get a fucking life, no, really, I'm not kidding, I will say this in the fucking face of EVERY Velvets fan. Just please, please, please, kill YOURSELVES. PLEASE.

And now a little something for those who will say my post lacks "substance", or some shit like that. Here's my reasoning solely based on this "man"'s "music":

The beat is TERRIBLE.

>OH WOW DUDE THE BEAT FUCKING CHANGES FROM ONE MINUTE OF THE SONG TO ANOTHER!!1!!11!2!211!!!!!1!

Yeah, thank fucking GOD, otherwise I would literally fall ASLEEP DURING THE FUCKING "TRACK".

Second of all, his voice is TERRIBLE. No, really, he sounds like an underage child whose voice is just starting to change and mature yet it never fully does, and it actually fucking HURTS to listen to from how fucking cringy and WEAK it is.

And his "message"? WHAT FUCKING "MESSAGE"? HE HAS NEVER SAID ANYTHING OF RELEVANCE BESIDES MUH OPPRESSION MUH DICK MUH HEROIN, JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER FUCKING ROCKER HAS BEEN DOING SINCE THE FUCKING 50's

What the fuck are you talking about? No song with that line exists.

What the fuck, who leaked the lyrics to our next record?

youtube.com/watch?v=GgN6_crD1hY

My dad ain't gonna be born for another four years and I'll be born in 31 years.

kek

For a long time I had this theory: the impossibility of a female Bob Dylan. What he represents, leaning against the system and yet supported by consumers, there was no woman in the world that could command the masses so utterly. The music industry wouldn't let her. This thing I've been stewing about since I saw Laura Nyro play to 20 people in 1966, and started reading her articles, and then really starting feeling when "Stoney End" came out, is that Laura is the closest thing we have to a female Bob Dylan, smart enough to understand the system but righteous enough to wall-jump away from it. But also, interestingly, what an inversion her approach is to Bob's. His pose was anti-establishment, her pose is post-structural. He was rigorous, she is always looking outward, game for genre-experimentation and hilarity. I feel like even if I don't like her music, and I do so far, I will always feel like she's several steps ahead of me, several books ahead of me, and that makes me feel really fucking good. Anyone who gives her grief about anything can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.

So that LSD stuff is pretty neat huh?

Us post-war babies are coming of age, the oldest of us are 22. It's an exciting time.

We're bringing about great social change, and fighting The Man, duuuude. I just hope we don't screw our kids over like our parents did.

Anybody heard this yet?

>DUDE
>LSD

Pretty cool, but what is the appeal? Who and in what circumstance would listen to that kind of music? I am sad that we will never get something like this again.

a loser who can't play rock n' roll

This post is utterly stupid. Nothing leaked in 1967. Their were only Television/Radio stations that were strictly controlled. Sunday and daily papers...and magazines. The free flow of information that you all take for granted didn't exist. Non mainstream bands you had no knowledge of unless you happened to be in the town they were from or happened to catch them performing live. The indie scene (or obscure bands having any influence outside of their local geographic region) of today didn't nor could exist in 1967. Oh..and the Beach Boys were still considered a clean cut surfer boy band. Them making a psychedelic rock album and having it taken seriously would be akin to One Direction being taken seriously doing a gangster rap album. It was a rebellious time..and no young people rebelled by listening to the Beach Boys

autism

Not autism...just old enough to have been alive in 1967 and know the actual way things were at the time.

The absolute state of Wilson Pickets backing guitarist

Why haven't you died yet grandpa?

did you have lots of dirty hippy orgies and do acid?

Music was born in 1910?

No...but my wife was in San Francisco during the "Summer of Love" . And She was a text book hippie. I was only 6 years old in 1967

Actually disregard that, i'm a pinko commie, his new album just dropped

I just got drafted, and I'm headed to Saigon in a week.

Music for this feel?

yes

Broadway is kill. We've seen the last of the musical blockbusters.

Why is it that every time honkies love a black man's music, he's in a band along with two white fellas?

i got you senpai
youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo

Holy shit guys, John Coltrane just died

Are you going? Or are you going to go the Canada. I'd suggest different music depending on your answer.

>that comments section

They won't stop playing Sgt. Pepper on the radio I'm getting sick of it already
6/10

And you're on a board with a bunch of 13-30 year olds? How sad

This is also a role-playing thread on a tibetan quilt-knitting board, so shut the fuck up grandpa.

the problem with music man, is that it's just so unrealistic y'dig?

AOTY!

The Summer of Love is a meme that culture critics have blew out of proportion. In fact, anything that tried to attach a philosophical profundity to the sexual revolution is a shitty meme.

The other day I went to tower records and stole two albums spongebob squarepantsing out of the store right past the negro security guard.

Now that's stealing music.

Ageism sucks dude, it's not cool in the 21st century.

Actual AOTY here

who??? what???

These songs are fucking dumb, i know what planets exist you britbong lsd jarheads

it is role playing...so at least role play it correctly and don't try to put modern concepts in it that did not exist at the time.

>spongebob squarepants
It's a cartoon from the future. I do a lot of shrooms.'

How does it feel that, since you were born in 1961, you're automatically lumped into shitty boomers even though you probably have nothing in common with them?

Go back to the Steve Hoffman forums

Sister Ray has that line but that was just a copy pasta

You're the same age as my dad.

......dad?

t. Hippes

Go back to the kindergarten little unwise stupid one.

Its ok really. My wife is a boomer and I have seen no negativity toward me to my knowledge.
(We had a record player when I was a kid like pic related. I used to play Johnny Cash LP's on it)

This is never talked about whenever people bring up 1967 here
>Pet sounds
>sgt peppers
>magical mystery tour
>the doors
>the velvet underground and nico

Good one

Neither is The Who Sell Out, the actual AOTY.