"GHOSTBUSTERS" SPOILERS

Erin Gilbert (Kristen Wiig), a physics teacher at Empire State University, has her opportunity to receive tenure jeopardized when her old friend, amateur paranormal researcher Abby Yates (Melissa McCarthy), publishes a book they wrote together several years prior, positing the existence of ghosts. Erin visits Abby and her new partner, nuclear engineer Jillian Holtzmann (Kate McKinnon), to ask Abby to remove her name from the book, and is persuaded by Abby and Jillian to accompany them to the Aldridge Hotel to investigate claims of paranormal activity made by the receptionist (Annie Potts).

Arriving there, the trio encounters the ghost of Madame Aldridge, the hotel's late owner, who vomits ectoplasm on Erin. Abby records the encounter, including a terrified Erin claiming that ghosts are real, and uploads it to youtube, leading to Erin being fired by dean Harold Filmore (Charles Dance). Abby then persuades Erin to join her and Jillian in opening a ghost-chasing business they call "Ghostbusters".

Meanwhile, subway worker Patty Tolan (Leslie Jones) runs into Rowan North (Neil Casey), an introverted engineer who has created a machine that amplifies paranormal activity, intending to open a breach between the world of the living and the world of the dead and release an army of ghosts to destroy the human race. After an encounter with a ghost that Rowan releases on the subway system, Patty seeks the Ghostbusters and volunteers to become a member and lend her street-smarts to the team. Together, they succesfully capture the subway ghost.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kSpvtwt-4HU
telegraph.co.uk/film/back-to-the-future/remake-sequel-robert-zemeckis/
youtu.be/g2Lrj0AEEcA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

inb4 leaks from reddit

What did you spoil?

WHAT DA HELL IS UH ZUUL?

The team sets up a base of operations in a chinese restaurant and hires a dim-witted receptionist, Kevin (Chris Hemsworth), while Patty's uncle Bill (Ernie Hudson) provides them with their vehicle, a modified hearse known as the "Ecto-1". Meanwhile, Holtzmann attempts to make amends with her estranged mentor Rebecca Gorin (Sigourney Weaver), who disagrees with her career choices.

The Ghostbusters become increasingly popular as they capture more ghosts unleashed by Rowan, despite numerous attempts to discredit them, particularly from notable skeptic Martin Heiss (Bill Murray). Recognizing the escalating paranormal activity in New York City, the government secretly authorizes the Ghostbusters' activities, while publically denoucing them through their spokeswoman Jennifer Lynch (Cecily Strong).

The team ultimately confront Rowan himself and prevents him from using his machine to open the portal. Rowan chooses to commit suicide rather than let himself be captured. With his death, paranormal activity in NYC subsides, adding credence to the Heiss' claims about the Ghostbusters being frauds and damaging their reputation.

Going through Rowan's belongings, Erin and Abby learn Rowan attended the same school as them and his obsession with ghosts was born out of their own fascination with the subject.

>Ernie Hudson is Patty's uncle
WHY THE FUCK DID HE HAVE ANOTHER HEARSE JUST LYING AROUND?

Rowan returns as a ghost and swears revenge on the Ghostbusters, possessing Abby and attempting to kill Jillian. After Patty beats him out of Abby's body, Rowan possesses Kevin and heads to Times Square, where he activates a second machine he had secretly built, opening a portal between the two worlds and raising an army of ghosts that begin wreaking havoc in New York City, while also powering up Rowan's ectoplasmic form. To display his dominance over them, Kevin/Rowan leads the ghosts in a performance of "You Should Be Dancing" by the Bee Gees.

The Ghostbusters intervene despite the government's attempts to stop them, venturing into the evacuated area in the Ecto-1. After fighting off numerous ghosts, Erin manages to exorcise Rowan out of Kevin's body. Rowan demands that the Ghostbusters choose a form for him, and Patty absent-mindely thinks of a spraypainted ghost she saw on the subway line. Rowan becomes a towering version of the graffiti ghost and begins rampaging through the city.

>To display his dominance over them, Kevin/Rowan leads the ghosts in a performance of "You Should Be Dancing" by the Bee Gees.
Didn't they cut this scene?

Is that really the novelisation? It reads like a poorly summarised synopsis.

Why do people act like the original Ghostbusters was actually good? Is it all nostalgia or something?

Granted this remake will most certainly be awful, but the original sucked as well.

Forgot to spoil. Ah, who cares?

The people begin evacuating the city to escape Rowan, although a lone cabbie (Dan Aykroyd) refuses to leave, claiming not to be afraid of ghosts. Heiss is also killed during the rampage.

The Ghostbusters fail to defeat Rowan by crossing their streams, and instead Erin and Abby venture into the portal, with ropes tied around their waists, and trick Rowan into directing his forces into the portal to kill it. Jillian and Patty then close it by destroying Rowan's machine, but manage to pull Erin and Abby out, while Rowan and his army become trapped in the world of the dead.

Lynch once again discredits the Ghostbusters in public and they don't receive any recognition for saving the city, but manage to use their savings to buy a new base of operations in an old firehouse. Erin and Kevin develop a relationship, Holtzmann earns Gorin's respect.

In an after-credits scene, Patty analyzes tapes recorded during their battle against Rowan, during which paranormal activity was at its peak, and asks the others "who the hell is Zuul?"

>le contrarian Sup Forums maymay

My lunch.

A bit of it in the trailer, so who knows.

They apparently heavily cut around the movie after negative test-screenings.

I really do hope you get AIDS but not any kind of AIDS, but a new type and not the type that's killing the fags or the negros in Africa either. For some one like you, a new insidiously vicious form of AIDS will be necessary.

rewatch the movie. It's not good. I tried watching it again recently when it was on tv and I fell asleep.

>I don't like it, so it's bad.
Good post.

Smells like shit.

Looks like shit.

there isn't one funny scene.

Which usually isn't good for a movie that bills itself as a comedy

>a lone cabbie (Dan Aykroyd) refuses to leave, claiming not to be afraid of ghosts.

Something tells me this won't be quite as compelling as that scene in Avengers that it's ripping off.

I bet you think Family Guy is funny.

Fuck off, poisoning the well isn't going to end the discussion.

The original Ghostbusters is a legit classic - hence why Hollywood wanted to continue the franchise.

Anyone ever had a female physics teacher?

Yes

>guy kills himself because ghostbusters prevented him from using his ghost machine
>but he has a second one he built in a more secret location

>bugsbunnyreaction.jpg

>Abby then persuades Erin to join her and Jillian in opening a ghost-chasing business they call "Ghostbusters".

fucking hell

Family guy was pretty funny back in the day. I remember vividly watching the DVDs with some buddies after it got canceled, but before it it got renewed. good times

Post a funny scene from the original ghostbusters and I might rethink my opinion.

>although a lone cabbie (Dan Aykroyd) refuses to leave, claiming not to be afraid of ghosts.

if he literally says "I AINT AFRAID OF NO GHOSTS" i'll kill myself

>"peter griffin fart in the daughter's mouth" :^)

Teachers do not need to know or learn the subjects they teach (in the usa). They just need to be able to make the student learn from the book/PC and grade tests/papers using their outlined project sheets.

>, Kevin/Rowan leads the ghosts in a performance of "You Should Be Dancing" by the Bee Gees

So all those years ago, those Sony leaks were right.

we fucking know everything already because it was leaked from reddit a fucking million years ago

> continue the franchise
You mean "reboot the franchise".
With the 'visionary' ideas of Paul Feig at that.

>Family guy
>funny

Only if you are sociopath.

He literally says I ain't afraid of no ghosts. It was on one of those brief tv ads.

>Teachers do not need to know or learn the subjects they teach (in the usa)

How the fuck does that work? What if the student has questions about the subject?

But will it be worse than his Casper appereance?

youtube.com/watch?v=kSpvtwt-4HU

My Physics teacher was both a woman and knew her shit about physics. She was a great teacher and now she's apparently deathly ill.

sure whatever you say. It was funny as hell.

Dude...got some bad news for ya

Well I'm sorry to hear that.

That scene is twice as funny as anything that will be in the new one, I'd put money on it

Because now

How about a source, you cuck?

>monkey retard detected

I will snatch

So how's a sequel with Zuul supposed to work out if they already used the "the bad guy possesses a nerd, rampages through the city and forces the Ghostbusters to choose a form for him"?

I always thought this was cute reference, but I never understood why Ray would be afraid of Casper's brothers like that after facing off with Gozer or Vigo...never made sense

lel. Is that a scene that ghostbusters rubes actually think is funny? jesus christ you guys are more pathetic than I thought.

Every time I read a shit novel, it always has the word consternation shoved in there.

And shit that read like a synopsis.

>joke in a movie for kids

every motherfucker birthday

>"this smells worse than a turd."
>"kek u think shit smells good."

Maybe Zuul possess Leslie Jones and has her fuck the shit out of Hemsworth to bring about the end days

I watched the first seasons of family guy as a middle schooler as it aired. It was funny as hell. Nothing you can say will convince me otherwise.

Thats not a Ghostbuster scene, you fucking moron. Its from Casper the friendly ghost

What's the market audience for novelizations anyway? Won't people who are too lazy to read a proper book would rather watch the movie anyway?

>middle schooler
I bet you think Adam Sandler films are comedy gold.

Is this supposed to be funny? Something can smell worse than a turd.

I don't even know if this is a quote from the original movie, it's so bad you might have just made it up right now.

Confirmed reddit shitposter.

The jig is up, kiddo.

There is usually a small subset of autists who buy anything related to a movie including novelizations on the hopes that the novel expands on some things the movie couldn't plus their autistic desire to be a real fan.

>Threaten Bill Murray with a lawsuit if he doesn't make a cameo
>Make him the 'unlikable skeptic' that gets killed off

He doesn't deserve any of this.

I did in the late 90s/early 2000s. Then again I was around 10 years old. Not sure how well they hold up now, but probably not well.

Yes.
>told us all she failed physics at school & college
>let girls get away with shit but punished lads for the smallest infraction
>gave out homework, punished you for not doing it but never marked & returned it
>literally handed in a piece of homework full of gibberish and got no comment from her
>year leading up to final exams she went on maternity leave
>seen teachers stay at school until they could barely get through doors with their bellies, she left before there was even a noticeable bump
>because she was on maternity leave we got a bunch of shit sub teachers and lots of people only got Cs (not me) despite it being a top set class

The only upside of having her as a teacher was that one of our sub teachers was a bamf.
He claimed to work for MI6 when he was young, listening to Russian communications and what not.
He also taught everyone how to wire plugs and about the qualities of rubber despite it not being on the syllabus.

>"Yeah I was this old in 199x. I can't be an underage shit poster."

>gave out homework, punished you for not doing it but never marked & returned it

Many of my teachers did this and to this day I don't understand why

Pls no

>He also taught everyone how to wire plugs and about the qualities of rubber despite it not being on the syllabus.

>Confirmed reddit shitposter.
>The jig is up, kiddo.

I fucking hate Sup Forums so much. I'll continue to monitor the board like I have for years, but I just see no need to even comment anymore since you guys are so obsessed with other websites. reddit is brought up literally every 10 or so posts. It's embarrassing really.

You need to go back.
>>>/reddit/

I have actually seen the fucking film. There was an advanced screening yesterday. It starts pretty close and then gets kinda far off by the end. Possibly because of rewrites and or reshoots. General plot of the film is right though.

Good movie. Not OG Ghostbusters or even Paul Feig's best movie but good.

lel ok. theres a reason family guy was brought back. It was because of people like me who really liked the show when it originally aired.

>"it was because a majority of americans like shitty lazy humor"
You know what, you're right.

No one wanted a reboot, no one wanted a sequel. Ghostbusters is a classic, you want a third story? Go play the canon PS3 game. I guarantee you'll have a better time. This movie will be forgotten, but Im going to be pissed if Back to the Future gets remade

Based Zemeckis won't let it happen.

At one point, Hemsworth's character says the line "Aquariums are like submarines for fish." Not in any of the marketing or leaks. I have seen into the future that is a week from now.

Hey look guys the paid SONY marketers are actually getting better at shilling. At least you lowered the bar to mediocre

>Erin and Kevin develop a relationship

>I'm a level 10 fedora who judges people based off of their comedy preferences when they were 10 years old

telegraph.co.uk/film/back-to-the-future/remake-sequel-robert-zemeckis/

>In news that will either come as a crushing disappointment or a soaring relief for fans of the classic 1985 blockbuster, Hollywood won’t be going back to Back to the Future…for the foreseeable future, at least.

>Robert Zemeckis, who directed the film and its two sequels, has vowed that Back to the Future will never be remade in his lifetime – and hopes that his estate will figure out a way to continue blocking remakes after his death.

>“Oh, God no,” the 63-year-old director told the Telegraph, when asked if – as one of the two rights holders to the original film, along with co-writer Bob Gale – he would ever consider signing off on a remake.

>“That can’t happen until both Bob and I are dead. And then I’m sure they’ll do it, unless there’s a way our estates can stop it.

>“I mean, to me, that’s outrageous. Especially since it’s a good movie. It’s like saying ‘Let’s remake Citizen Kane. Who are we going to get to play Kane?’ What folly, what insanity is that? Why would anyone do that?”

>Doesn't even bother shaving his mustache for the scene

Kek.

I never had a female physics teacher, but had a fucking awful female film analysis instructor, which seems fitting for a ghostbusters thread.
>almost done with degree, need extra shit, take film analysis class since it seems fun
>course is in actual theatre, tons of people in the class, we just watch movies, the instructor talks a bit, then we leave
>instructor gets insanely butthurt when people skip, which makes no sense as we can get her handouts online and all we're doing is watching a movie (her lecture afterwards is all from her handouts, almost word for word)
>she doesn't take attandance as there are 80 people in the class
>one day get called in for work, could use the extra hours, only class is film analysis and it's fucking SHARK STORY
>I decide i can skip it, i download shark story later, use the handout online, do my homework that way
>fast foward to finals, she barks a LOT about people skipping various movies, tells us good luck on the final
>6 questions, 5 of them are about various themes of films we watched, essay stuff - long but not horrible. last question is literally worth 50 points, asking "what was the color i asked the class to remember after we viewed Shark Story?"
>I guess purple, get an F

Hopefully it will quietly go away.

I seem to have upset you, user.

Actually, once you know for sure that life continues after death, killing yourself is a good idea for a quick escape.

Usually when a character gets killed off when the actor is sick of the franchise, it means they themselves demanded the death so they don't get bugged about it anymore.

>ast question is literally worth 50 points, asking "what was the color i asked the class to remember after we viewed Shark Story

I'm guessing she was tenured, because that's some new level faggotry

Thats some bullshit. I would have gone to the dean. I personally had a terrible math teacher.
>Goes over the material at a fast pace and barely explains shit
>Nearly the entire class is failing that semester
>Doesnt bother to go over it in more detail because "we need to stay on schedule"

Death is sweet release.

youtu.be/g2Lrj0AEEcA

Everyone says it's the must see.

We know from the Sony leaks that you guys are given "bad comments" scripts where you make a few off hand comments but in general you're still shilling hard

So go fuck yourselves

Kek. Seems like a grade A comedy to me. Green light it

A)Non canonical joke in a kids movie.
B)He went in solo.

Pretty much. I was surprised certain people were shocked about Han Solo, because Ford was obviously sick of this shit.

>bills itself as a comedy
uh, no it doesn't.
Just because it has humour (good or bad whatever) in it doesn't mean it's a comedy.
In fact, it's hard to tell you what genre the orignal Ghostbusters is, and I think that's in part why it's so beloved and as an addend' why this reboot is so despised. Original Ghostbusters wasn't a comedy, but it had a lot of humour in it. It wasn't a horror nor a thriller, but it could be spooky at times.

Based Bob's