Can we all agree that neither of these bands should have entered the new millennium?

Can we all agree that neither of these bands should have entered the new millennium?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fLN1OB3_wG8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

More like they neither should have made it past 1990.

Neither of these bands should have gone past 1992.

I mean, Megadeth kept it together a bit longer than Metallica, probably because they started their recording career a little later.

Aside from a few tracks, Megadeth generally sucked after Rust In Peace.

Why are metal fans such faggots? They are both great bands who cares if they continued making music in the future

youtu.be/fLN1OB3_wG8

It's honestly amazing to me how cringy and emotional these dudes are. Watching a documentary on Metallica makes it much harder to listen to them.

It's literally like that for every entertainer in existence. Peter Steele has been probably the only artist ive enjoyed the personal side of

I don't care about the style change, but their more recent stuff is so boring to me. I can't exactly pinpoint what it lacks, but it feels "soulless".

I just don't think they should've ever released any new albums in the new millennium.

For some odd reason, creative flow seems to expire after a while of doing the same exact thing.

Why do you think radiohead went electronic and became shit? (Not implying they were ever as good as early Metallica in the first place)

its wasnt the fault of the musicians, it was the audience that changed. this is the danger of a corporate controlled culture

>tfw you have a friend who continually says that Youthanasia is Megadeth's best album
He's a great guy but seriously fuck off

Bands evolve and change, is it Metallica/Megadeth's fault for all metal being in a slump right now?

I wouldn't tend to agree that all metal is in a slump. Commercially it's not doing well, but the music is alright - despite its meme-tier status black metal and death metal are doing really well. Buttmetal is also doing pretty well if that's your thing.

The problem that Metallica in particular have is that metal fans can be obsessive over 'authenticity.' It's something you struggle to get back once you lose it, and Metallica gradually lost it starting with Load. Their recent album has been called 'a return to form' by a lot of normies and critics, but the prickly oldschool fans haven't changed, and no longer see Metallica as 'real.'

Despite that I'm willing to believe that a teen hearing the latest Metallica as their first Metallica album would probably be just as thrilled as someone who heard Master of Puppets back in the late 80s.

Basically, Metal fans search for reasons to not like bands once they're truly commercially successful.

I feel bad for your friend, my man.

>He doesn't like Dystopia

Metallica should have died a long time ago, I'll give you that. Their latest was ok, but the attention normees give them is absurd. They're honestly the fucking Simpsons of metal; there's more bad than good at this point. The other 3 of the big 4 are all pretty good tho.

Sad part is Testament released an awesome fucking album last year, and no one gives a shit outside of metalheads. Occasionally I'll play a Testament song and tell normees its Metallica, and no one bats an eye.

The pop music industry was a mistake.

ridiculously underrated album

Don't you remember what Noel Gallagher said, that rock stars don't release anything important after the age of 30?

>Despite that I'm willing to believe that a teen hearing the latest Metallica as their first Metallica album would probably be just as thrilled as someone who heard Master of Puppets back in the late 80s

I can see this. When I first heard Atlas, Rise on the radio I took a liking to it about 15 seconds before I realized it was Metallica, and it wasn't until the DJ came on afterwards that I realized it was NEW Metallica, other than something I had missed somehow. Since then I can't shake the feeling that I like the song despite knowing it's from a band that was at its best over 25 years ago.

That explains what happened to Oasis after 1997...

same, fuck you friend user

Definitely not this
kek

All Metal does not age well. Of all the big names, Mayhem is the only band that still feels fresh.

Don't forget this one