Post your guitar hero

Post your guitar hero

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xx-WWY_s9dw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mayers such a great player. Have you ever seen him live? I've always wanted to.

i dont have gh but hopefully this will do

He's coming to my town soonish but the tickets are too expensive to make it worth it.

Julian Lage.

I haven't :*(

Going to see him twice on this upcoming tour, and it will be my fourth and fifth time seeing him. Totally worth it, and I think the experience with dead and Co. will even take things up a notch

His unorthodox style of electric guitar playing is widely acclaimed; Byrds-like chiming arpeggios of repetitive and somewhat somber melodies with a hypnotic long-sustain tone.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY like his solo work/Ataxia, pre-meltdown stuff with chillis too

dad

you're a fucking plen if you picked anybody else

How is it possible for this one man to be so based?

i maek mehtulz

Mine too. so I'll just post my second favorite, not that's it's even close.
There isn't a single guitarist I like as much as a young J Mascis.

Kek

The memes come flooding back to me

There are like two other people on this board who are Patrish enough to listen to Paco

robbie robertson

underrated

this

So good and creative, too bad he doesn't do guitar rock anymore

What's the ratio of him playing his poppy hits vs. him jamming his bluesy stuff?

Met him in 2004 when he was playing with Damageplan.

Fucking awesome guy

john 5. i think he is really underrated especially the albums with Marilyn Manson

fuckin normies

reminder. "you're living all over me" was released in 1987... predates "bleach", predates "daydream nation". predates "isn't anything". j was the OG. "psychocandy" was a few year earlier but that was much more nihilistic approach to noise pop, you know what I mean? j gets sounds that are really refined, I dunno its not better or worse but its a just a different game that he arguably invented.

anyways mines still kven shields if no one else has said that yet,

Obviously the best choice, Axl Steel was my secondary.

He looks baked as fuck

Mine is pic related

based Ror

I don't listen to him much, but definitely underrated.
Tom is my favorite, although he seemed like a prick when I met him.

Beat me to it

lol maybe these days but Sup Forums used to have some big dogs roaming around

I know some people think he's pretty weak as a guitar play but I absolutely love his playing. He always plays to the melody, never plays an unneeded note. His lead parts/solo's aren't just there to color the song, but are integral parts of its harmonic structure. Just great stuff IMO.

Also his later slide stuff is pretty virtuosic by really any standards.

Garbage guitar player.

What's wrong with his playing?

it's pretty sloppy. not egregiously sloppy as far as pop music goes, but he isn't particularly good on a technical level or innovative sound-wise.

I disagree. How can you listen to Under the bridge and say hes a garbage guitar player, better than anything /gg/ will ever create

I don't care much for his soloing (Except on Niandra)

Rhythmic-wise and melodic-wise, he is one of the greatest

About to dive into his solo work, my favourite guitarist. I love him. He's awesome

John Mclaughlin, Pat Metheny and Robert Fripp are the only guitarists I look up to. I consider pretty much anyone else my equal.

cool story Professor Fagtron.

Sorry you have low self esteem. Truth is most guitarists have contributed absolutely nothing to the evolution of the instrument.

great anecdote Professor Fagtron.

Same as OP's actually. Also SRV and Jimi.

t. Stevie T

Fucking excellent test gentleman.

he peaked with The Erosion of Sanity

without question

honest thoughts?

youtube.com/watch?v=xx-WWY_s9dw

I've not the money for a prostitute?

for interstellar overdrive alone

Nice
Where to start with this guy?

Dot and Betty Wiggin

I love Sleep