Is this comedy kino? No seriously

Is this comedy kino? No seriously

Yep

If it's good slapstick it's automatically kino.

Yes

Yes

he was a national treasure

>his name was leslie

OH MY GOD
DISGRUNTLED POSTAL WORKERS!

i have to rewatch this

The Naked Guns are all above average comedies and Leslie Nielsen is a legend.

Glad to see unanimous love in here. Rightly so.

How'd they manage to put so many jokes in a single movie while keeping a coherent plot?

Only the first one is good

nah, typical lolsorandumbbb humour before it even became a thing

always seen this as the overlooked ZAZ comedy

Has everyone here seen the television series Police Squad? Same actors, same premise as the movies, but as a serial. Similar jokes, but fuck it's good

Yeah. I loved how they'd have a big name guest star and kill them off during their intro credit. Especially Shatner's scene.

The thing that used to slay me was the title card and the narration for the episode name being completely different.

It's a shame Angie Tribeca didn't follow Police Squd closer, I was looking forward to a revival of that style

This is literally 10/10

well there's some really troubling and problematic transphobic "jokes" in there, so no

put it in the trash and bring those responsible up on charges for hate speech

If you re-watch it, you can see how they structured it to have short regular sections where the plot is discussed without gags.

The commentary is a very cool lesson in writing comedy, they said they realized a spoof only works when it emulates the structure of a serious movie, especially after Top Secret failed, which was nothing but jokes.

Most consistently good trilogy in history.
All other great trilogies have at least a dud.

If you like Naked Gun and Police squad check out "Sledge Hammer" which was a gloriously campy 80s tv show

>Like a midget at a urinal, I was gonna have to stay on my toes...

>episode name on screen never matches the voiceover
>the freeze credits with one person not frozen

>Most consistently good trilogy in history.
LOTR desu and I don't even like fantasy.

I think the first two are both perfect. The third sucks though and don't let anyone tell you differently. Not even the same kind of humor.

what went right

thanks famagotchi, Ill check it out

1 and 2 are, 3 is meh

>My name is Sergeant Frank Drebin, Detective Lieutenant, Police Squad. There'd been a recent wave of gorgeous fashion models found naked and unconscious in laundromats on the West Side. Unfortunately, I was assigned to investigate holdups of neighborhood credit unions. I was across town doing my laundry when I got the call on the double killing. It took me twenty minutes to get there. My boss was already on the scene.

[trigger warning]

I think Police Squad is superior to the Naked Gun trilogy

>Sledge Hammer
was that the one where the cop talked to his colt python? I used to love that shit when I was a wee lad

I miss these types of parody films. Naked Gun and Hot shots are some of my favourite american comedies. I wish you guys would stop making those Scary Movie and loud little black man teamed up with serious dude comedies.

What do you have against Kevin Hart? He's a great actor who's making great films, and I don't see why you guys have to make fun of my height so much

yeah essentially police squad but more Dirty Harry satire

Season 1 was way funnier tho

Yes. Trust me, I know what I'm doing

There were fairly significant style differences between the two seasons
S1 was more about playing with a consistent formula, with a template format and running gags and the like
With S2 each episode tried to do a different thing and they put more 'jokes' in rather than relying on the wit of satire

Personally I think S1 > S2 as a whole but Johnny Hitler > rest

>"cigarette?"
>"Yes, it is."

I remember this being a travesty of a film.

I remember playing the scene with that chick with a dick over and over when I was young and curious

it's not great, drebin in space, some good jokes but the slapstick is terrible

>Same actors
Pretty much just Al and Drebin are the same

Yes, Leslie Nielson was GOAT.

Scary Movie 3 IS an actual good comedy tho because it was made by the creator of Airplane.
Also it has Leslie Nelson.
It just had the misfortune to be named Scary Movie 3.
All the others suck tho because they were made by black people.