Less payments = smarter govt.

nato is ghey
this

Bravo, Estonia!

YOU GOTTA PAY UP CANT KEEP LIVING OFF DADDY'S DIME

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANZUS#United_States_suspends_obligations_to_New_Zealand

sorry for being useless america pls annex the azores

>Less payments = smarter govt.

Having no military is good? Why do you think that?

>Being a cuck and not allowing the US to ram you with their nuclear cocks

wow Britain, you are such a good lapdog
I am sure your master will reward you with a pat on your head

>britshits are a pain in the ass as usual

cant you just fuck off
how about a board for all things commonwealth
you could take all the strayans, retarded leafs, pakis, poo in loos with you

Having a stronger military allows a country to be more independent in the long run. Having a weaker military makes you dependent on others to defend you.

The numbers in the map are for the entire military not only NATO-related spending

wow Britain is such an independant and sovereign country

Please make this happen

Sup Forums without Anglos would be even shittier than it already is.

Can someone explain why we need an army?

It's not the our golden age where we just had a massive technological advantage over our rivals and brute force doesn't work with our numbers.

Well, we do manauvers together so I guess you are expected to rent them out in times of need as a show of goodwill.
An army still can fight a guerillafight or supress insurgencys.

This data is seven years old.

>Hungarian flag shitting on Poland

not very intimidating refugee mudslim detected.

You will be a de facto US puppet when you've left Eu fully despite having an army or not. Have fun! I hope you get a lot nice pats on the back and compliments from your masters.

We can bring engineers. Let them build camps, repair shit, build polders etc.

If someone is invading our country we're fucked in any way possible.

are you retarded?
I know it sounds similar, and poo and poland are two different things

This, please make it happen gookmoot.

Why would Germany need a huge army anyway? It's extremely unlikely that we will get invaded by land, because the invading country has to pass through other European countries first. The most danger comes from air attacks, but even then the jets/airplanes have to pass through other countries in the EU.
It's always good to have an army just in case, but there's no need to spend hundreds of billions of dollars like the US.
>inb4 Russia meme
Russia is not going to do shit to the EU, except maybe some Eastern European shitholes that nobody cares about anyway

This map represents the biggest naive suckers in yurope

I can understand Spain and portugal. Their man threats are internal.Why should they be in part of NATO? They have no real existential threat, unlike the Baltics and Poland. Same with Belgium and the Netherlands

Wgoh

>Iceland

how is this allowed?

you shush volkswagen I'm trying to start shit.

id be up for that

>you could take all the strayans, retarded leafs, pakis, poo in loos with you

if Im ever to respect this shit site this would be a start of it.

the anglo disease needs containment and quarantine

>visiting the USA means we're not

Did MPs in your country debate whether the US President should be allowed in? Because ours have, but from what you're implying it seems like they can't have...

The pension of my grandmother is less than 100 euros a month. Why should we spend twice as much on second hand USA tech and boost their economy with our measly income ?

USA can just print money due to the petro- dollar demand while rest of europe is forced to deal with their dick waving policy in the middle east with regards with waves of immigrants draining our funds even further.

On top of that USA have the audacity to stop their feet and accuse everyone else for the mess they have created.

Fuck this, if they want to be the head of a big military union as a badge of honor, let them but we will not gut our economy even further just to placate them.

Look, I have nothing against the UK, but it is a fact that you are in a tight spot now and only decision you have if weather be Americans or EUs bitch

>You will be a de facto US puppet when you've left Eu fully despite having an army or not

Why is that?

>Why should we spend twice as much on second hand USA tech

The 2% recommendation doesn't say on what country's tech the money should be spent on. Native or European or Russian is just as valid as American.

ok, it's time to start invasion

>it is a fact that you are in a tight spot now
>now
Our entire history is a succession of tight spots

>only decision you have if weather be Americans or EUs bitch
Correction: that's what you want our only decision to be. Real life is a little more complicated.

not true
you need to buy nato compatible weapons or "it doesnt count"

bullshit. Most of money goes for salaries and pensions. There is no patters as to where to burn that money.

I just dont see how >2% military spending will help you in your current position

>The 2% recommendation doesn't say on what country's tech the money should be spent on. Native or European or Russian is just as valid as American.

yeah, however usually it ends up just that way

>the call that ended Putin's reign

There are a fair few NATO countries that use plenty of Russian (and old Soviet) equipment and spend money maintaining this, that counts to the target.

>I just dont see how >2% military spending will help you in your current position

In UK's case higher military spending means the UK government is able to pursue its own foreign policy with less dependence on others, because a major thing for us now is developing new trading relationships. Only military power provides a safe environment for trade. For the UK's position, Europe (the place relevant to NATO) is not the only consideration for our military spending

E.g. the UK's new aircraft carriers will be going to the Asia-Pacific area soon after they're ready, and before that we're sending fighter jets to the area (the first RAF fighters visiting Japan since WW2) - source: reuters.com/article/us-britain-southchinasea-fighters-idUSKBN13R00D

This shit is all funded by money in that 2% GDP defence spending. It is making Britain stronger on the other side of the world, so we can develop our relationships with the countries there from a position of more strength than is available today.

if its not about nato, why does OP argue about "paying the fair share"?

>yeah, however usually it ends up just that way

Actually the biggest spenders on US military imports aren't in NATO, pic related. The European militaries, relative to others, don't spend that much on American gear (even the UK spends less on it than the guys in this table)

>the button that ended 'finis' nation

Having protection with a 75% discount is good. One has the right to cuck US Military budget.

pls dont nuke Finns

>protection

I assure you that if russians horded and invaded these NATO bitches would be hauling ass west as fast as they could.

None of them are going to fight and die for estonia,greece,poland, etc.

this crock of shit "union" is a lie and illusion

It's an anglo world, Geralt, and there's no escaping it. The site is American, an anglosphere nation. Anglos control the plurality of military powers. Anglos control the plurality of wealth. Your comment itself was written in our language. The sun never sets, across both space and time.

>if its not about nato, why does OP argue about "paying the fair share"?

Because it's still about NATO. NATO wants the European countries to just spend more on their militaries, because defence of the homeland is always more important. If UK military assets are out in the Far East but NATO allies are threatened in a European war then the UK can shift them. In general European countries being stronger means, if there IS a war, the burden is less on the USA than it would otherwise be

To clarify, UK spends less on it as a SHARE of TOTAL imports (which is the important measure)

> In general European countries being stronger means, if there IS a war, the burden is less on the USA than it would otherwise be
and why exactly would we be interested in reducing the burden on USA?

Only R*ssian gopniks would be incompetent enough to nuke a neighbouring country and enjoy a nice radioactive fallout in their second largest city

He is talking about the UK Hans

>and why exactly would we be interested in reducing the burden on USA?

Because if the US taxpayer feels sufficiently taken advantage of, NATO as a meaningful alliance is finished, and that means no guarantee of any US military help.

That means a far greater financial burden on the European taxpayer than a mere 2% GDP on defence.

Isn't this obvious?

>Iceland
>no military

Someone strike oil there so we can invade that shithole

>any russian doing anything reasonable

If we would pay more for our own defence, we wouldnt neet Americas help in the first place

WTF, I love Australia and Turkey now

Thats what they said 1000 years ago and then they got invaded by muslims

>If we would pay more for our own defence, we wouldnt neet Americas help in the first place

To not need any American help in a big war you'd need to spend a lot more than the recommended NATO guidelines, because they assume the US as an active ally, and the USA's 2% is a LOT bigger than any other NATO country's

good thing we are not planning a big war anytime soon
and as long as usa wont invade us, we are gonna be fine

>good thing we are not planning a big war anytime soon

That's reassuring. Because as everybody knows, wars only happen to countries that plan for them...

Only if you also break internacional law and start building your own nukes.

Once the missile shield production starts ramping up you will also need to increase the amount of nukes to keep MAD, thats Why Russia is so sensitive to AEGIS emplacements in eastern Europe, and then France Nukes arsenal will be too small.

Nope, NATO is a good way to sop Russia from taking over the rest of Europe. It is a shining Euro dream since Peter I times and it works because nukes. Nobody dares to go against nukes. And USA won't let Europe go.

so who is gonna invade us?

>Only if you also break internacional law and start building your own nukes.
Building nukes is not illegal. If you are signed to NPA you may just terminate it and start building nukes

meant for

That depends on where you put the red line, if its in the baltics then we need to prepare for THAT possibility, Russia has showed us that they are willing to destabilize neutral countries to regain some of its old soviet buffer, and a land connection to kaliningrad could be very tempting.

Those countries also have the Russian population to play the minority card too.

Russia has a GDP smaller than Italy
I am pretty sure Europe can handle Russia on its own

nope

u r wrong

oh and nukes dont exist

Without Nukes you can't.

>so who is gonna invade us?

I can't see into the fucking future, all I know from history is that shit changes quickly and countries that aren't capable of defending themselves get fucked over

Syria

oops too late

France has nukes

historically, countries usually knew who their enemies were

No, thats incorrect, even with nukes you will get at most a somehow generous stalemate, with a return of the Status Quo and maybe some reparations from Russia

Thought

>O Canada
letting us down a bit

300 against 6000.

Russia also designed some nuclear missile shield in the cold war, so they difference will actually be even higher

look, to me, a nuclear war with russia doesnt seem like a very realistic option, so i am against spending billions of taxdollars preparing for it

>we are gonna be fine

hope you listened to momma merkel and stocked up on food and water

when shultz gets onto the throne he's going to pull some crazy shit, shit that could lead to civil war in germoney

and its going to drag the middle east into yurope in this one

Direct nuclear war doesn't seem real.
A scalation of events after the attempt to destabilize an eastern european country member of the EU is though.

if it came to that, I am sure we could count on Polish solidarity, helping us in the civil war

Good to know
I guess Italy/russia/France/turkey/china/Japan/otomans/hungry etc are just exceptions

lol nah

we'll let you burn

You mean like retaking our lands?

i mean you helping your neighbour in need

you dont wanna tell me this image is true?

which of those countries was attacked by suprize?

fuck you

and fuck your shitty autist drawn cartoons

>i mean you helping your neighbour in need
Thats what I meant. Every 50 years you go crazy and your neighbours need to take some of your lands to make you calm the fuck down. Its like a fate. There is nothing you can to about it.

yeah but other than that, we are pretty nice guys

yeah, once you're gone we're probably going to miss you

To fight Islam instead of letting it take over.

I am sure Poles will give refugee to Germans in need