twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only if you are an elf.

>elves behind a dwarven wall
>dont shoot arrows
>jump over the fucking wall with swords before any blood has been shed
reee

>sacrificing the clone CGI elves first
good tactic

sea of orcs in front of you, line of spears right up against your back. tards should have pulled out their mary sue bows and killed 5 per arrow. the hobbit movies are such a drop in quality compared to tlotr, this should have been on par with Helm's Deep and instead we get shit upon shit

I bet every single one of those dwarfs cringed.

>"What the fuck are these tight gaybois doing?!?!"
>"They actually jumped over our fucking shield wall"
>"Amazing..These are the faggots we are going to work with?"
>"Just let them fucking die, MEN, STAY IN FORMATION"

Well, it's not like the orcs were just gonna mindlessly run at full speed towards a spike anyways. That's just retarded.

This made me drop GoT too.
Ramsey completely blew that battle with dumb tactics like this.

>Well, it's not like the Americans were just gonna mindlessly land in Normandy beach trying to capture a hill fortified by Germans anyways. That's just retarded.

Brits and Leafs were there too.

Also:
>Well, it's not like the Americans were just gonna mindlessly jump out of planes trying to capture artillery fortified by Germans anyway. That's just retarded.

>Brits and Leafs were there too.

Truly Anglo genes.

They're fucking orcs man
They're not known for their battle tactics and intelligence

wouldn't most of them get shoulder-barged back into their own spears?

Yep

>it's not like marshal Ney will repeatedly charge squares anyway. That's just retarded

>siege weapons
>using trolls fitted with battering ram gear
>long range battle communication
>those fucking giant boreworms

Actually, the orcs usually are the only ones employing any sort of tactics besides CHAAAARGE.

I understood that reference.

>Well, it's not like Pickett was just gonna mindlessly march 3/4 a mile towards a heavily fortified Union line anyways. That's just retarded.

>Years later, when asked why his charge at Gettysburg failed, Pickett replied: "I've always thought the Yankees had something to do with it."

As someone who has studied Medieval Battle Tactics to a pretty high academic level, I can tell you it was a pretty bad move.

ramsey tactics were very good and he would have won if not for the "knights of the vale" deus ex machina

You don't need to have seen that to understand this was fucking retarded.

>doesn't own a single scout in the entire north
>12,000 heavy cavalry travel hundreds of miles without a single person noticing

I think the real problem was that we're supposed to buy that he's dumb enough to shoot arrows into his own men, but smart enough to pull off an effective trap that would have failed had a multitude of things gone differently.

It's also ridiculous in comparison to the actually great scene of dwars running to set up a shield wall, just in time to defend the elven archesrs from the orks. But then they do this fucking shit.

Elves ruin every single battle in the series.

the elven are to proud to let the dwarfs defend them
/thread

Why have the people holding the shields also hold large spears? I can't Imagine the average soldier can comfortably wield a spear of that size single handedly. They should give the shield guys swords to easily stab people getting to close and have the second row of soldiers using big long spears. With two hands you're going to be better stabilized and have a better chance of hitting/piercing orc armor. With a better range of motion the people wielding the spears should also have a better chance to pull the spear back allowing for multiple stabbings.

>jump over the spearwall
>get tackled by an orc easily as heavy as a football player
>get pushed back onto the spears
>dwarves now can't do shit because their formation is wrecked
>everyone dies
Pretty good move desu

They clearly rest the spears on the shields and dig the butts into the ground. After the initial charge they can drop the spears and drow their swords.

>jump over wall of shields and spears to melee charging army
>get pushed into wall of shields and spears by charging army
>die
No, no it's not.

people fan of dwarves are the ones to make cringe posts everytime

>muh manliness
>muh beard
>muh lol faggots

not even a fan of elves but your kind is the worst

Then again, maybe Elves are suicidal.

that's bad writing, nothing to do with Ramsay's tactics except for the need of the show writers to have him lose

/thread

its pretty obviously

>As someone who has studied Medieval Battle Tactics to a pretty high academic level
i want to throw you down the wall like longshanks throw his son's gay friend.

i really don't like elves but then again i don't know anybody who does
dwarfags are obnoxious as fuck despite no one giving a shit

We don't know what happened when two human melee battle lines met, let alone what happens to a fictional species in a fictional world. It could be that humans run and crash into each other like it shows in all the movies (because it looks cooler). Or it could be that the two lines come close together with a few feet of no man's land between them while they posture then eventually something breaks and it becomes a crazy melee.

>mfw central european """"germanics"""" actually did this

When it was two actually competent cultures, one attempted to bait the other into breaking using javelin/bow and arrow, artillery or by attempting to sneak cavalry units around the enemy army.

Hunnics, central asian and scandinavian armies used guerilla hit and run tactics which is what made them so relatively powerful.

>We don't know what happened when two human melee battle lines met
Of course we know. The two lines met and people started to fight. There was usually no charging like in the movies since running at your enemy will just tire you and you'll brake the formation. The manner in which they fought depends on their equipment of course. In a situation like OP people would attempt break the shield wall (by all means, e.g. pushing, striking the guy holding it, or even just yanking it off) while trying to avoid the spears.

Sounds plausible. Living forever probably gets boring after a while

Fuck no. They had a perfect spear wall set up with heavily armored infantry with shields. This was the perfect position to fight because the enemy was too stupid and arrogant not to charge headfirst. The enemy would have immediately lost the first few rows of troops and then the rest of the arming would have had to slowly step over their comrad's bodies and get through a wall of stabbing spears and then get over the shields to actually fight.

Instead the elves jump over (let's just ignore how they managed to give the command to move and run 500 meters in a few seconds) and place themselves between the wall do spears and the charging hordes.

Now because Hollywood is fucking retarded the enemy immediately (and somehow in unison) stopped charging.l and the elves magically won.

Now what SHOULD have happened have happened is the elves would have immediately been pushed into their allies spears and all if not most would be dead and their dwarves allies would have been covered in their allies blood.

If the dwarves didn't immediately rout from this horror they would still probably lost because they would barely be able to move their spears (if at all) because they have a few hundred elves and armor stuck into their spears. And since I don't see any other weapons on he dwarves I would assume they would lose the battle because they would be able to prevent the orcs from clear long over the shield wall and wouldn't be able to win a hand vs sword fight.

/TWG/ representing, his movie is infamously bad, almost as shot as most GoT fights.

It's for the purpose of the plot,in the books they were only effective if led by the Nazgul or some other creatures of greater renown in the dark lord' army.

It's indeed a sound tactic.

Trust me, I am an elf.

What video game is this familia?

That post is retarded.

It's not more retarded than the fact that Dwarves and Elves actually kill each other in extended edition

This is worse then the star wars prequels lmao.

The orcs could just push the jumping elves back to the spears and kill them.

West Potato Academy teaches it to all their cadets

>elfs are supposed to be badass
>some betafag complains

>I think the real problem was that we're supposed to buy that he's dumb enough to shoot arrows into his own men
$5 says that would happen a lot back in the old days

hey it worked didn't it

not true, they were great in the opening of the fellowship of the ring

Aren't lotr orcs supposed to be tiny atleast in the books.? Like not very tall at all, how the hell do they stand as tall as elves?

>orcs are about to run into pointy sticks
lmao lets jump at them

They meet an orc charge by standing still with swords at hand. For all their perfection, it seems that a simple shield and spear phalanx is something that eludes them.

Unlikely.
They would be either using mercenary companies or their own vassals; neither of which tend to look kindly on that sort of shit

>orcs smash them backwards onto the spears
lol

weren't criminals and prisoners of war also conscripted into battles for the front line, i heard in one battle one army sent out criminals first who would then kill themselves in front of the other army to intimidate them. not to mention if you dont trust your ally or they are bound to you because you have hostages sending in their troops first and not caring if you kill a few of them as well sounds like a plausible tactic, i believe the Germany did this in wwii with polish conscripts(the machine gun nest scene in saving private ryan comes to mind)

>what is the phalanx

>dumb

He's not dumb, he's just fucking evil. He doesn't CARE if his men get shot to pieces because he knows he'll win anyway. And he would, and should have, but then CIA shows up with knights of the deus ex machina

what was hackson thinking?

Typical American battle tactic. Line up one the battlefield and move forward.

You made this exact thread on /his/ earlier

>morons seriously believe people died after getting shot with 1 arrow

People in battles looked more like Wun Wun look, arrows sticking out of their whole body

That would be because unlike GoT, they'd also wear armour more effective than a bit of cardboard.

An arrow to an unarmoured man would be debilitating unless they got lucky.

I would think after taking an arrow you got until your initial burst of adrenaline wears off before you're a cripple.

>i heard in one battle one army sent out criminals first who would then kill themselves in front of the other army to intimidate them

>i believe the Germany did this in wwii

>weren't criminals and prisoners of war also conscripted into battles for the front line
>i believe the Germany did this in wwii with polish conscripts(the machine gun nest scene in saving private ryan comes to mind)

>sent out criminals first who would then kill themselves in front of the other army to intimidate them

WTF is up with the bloom in these films it looks hideous. It's seriously a disgrace compared to the fellowship of the ring.

they also made lamps out of Jew skin and had a sex machine to milk prime shotas to death in every concentration camp.

jesus christ is that real? im so glad I never watched any of the shit hobbit movies. how do you fuck up so bad after lotr???

Both the Germans and the Soviets have done that.

That was a legitimate German tactic,most commonly deployed in the later stages of the war.

they gave peter jackson shit loads of money but he didn't want to do it so this is the end result

Ramsey firing arrows into his own men would have been plausible because he doesn't care about his men. They are completely expendable to him and the less of them alive the less the other northern houses have to challenge him.

This is pretty much how I understood it.

In a scene before Ramsay orders his archers to fire, Davos is also about to order his archers to fire but he re-thinks that decision because they would kill their own men.

Its meant to show that Ramsay doesn't even see his troops as human(or rather, that their lives are very very low in his eyes)

They had scenes with LF and Shansha telling him about his plan along with him actually going and recruiting Shweet Robyn and his knights in the previous episode, how was it a DEM?

Napoleon would be proud

>Is this a good military tactic?
No.
But video related is.
All my keks.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5hkrdYno2E

I have more men
I have better equipement
I have horses

LEL LEST JUST KILL MY OWN MAN TO MAKE A IMPOSIBLE BODY PILE TO TRAP THEM!

even if he had won, he would had 3/4 of his army dead just when the winter was about to settle in, and he has to fight against the crown after that.
Makes literally zero sense.

based Longshanks

>mary sue bows
the 'mary sue' meme it pretty played but this is pretty funny

>deus ex machina

they were previously established

>tfw highlight of leaf history
source: i'm a leaf

source?

we /his/ now

Someone post legolas bat webm

Single biggest piece of cartoon shit in hobbit movies by far

neat

Elves respawn after they die so it doesn't really matter to them all that much

He didn't have time to think
he had very tight deadlines and little preparation time

>Is this a good military tactic?
if you have God Mode enabled.

holy fuck

this is actually one of the dumbest things ive ever seen

happy i dropped this trilogy after that disaster of the 2nd movie

I don't even care how stupid it was, I was hype was fuck during that scene.

Is that from an HD remaster of Battle for Middle Earth?