How come we never got an krautrock revival?

how come we never got an krautrock revival?
was it because it actually takes skill to play it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tpU-1Zuno-E
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lol are you an idiot, krautrock has been a huge influence on all kinds of underground/indie music for ages.

loads of it was shit, especially a lot of can

There's tons of modern bands playing krautrock, listen to more music.

'revivals' are stupid

Future Days and Tago Mago were god-tier

Name 1(one) band do that

Avec le soleil sortant de sa bouche

hypnagogic pop is a pretty big genre and it's close to something you can call krautrock revival

Klaus Johann Grobe - Spagat der liebe
Oren Ambarchi - Hubris
Cloudland Canyon - An Arabesque

listen to more music, lazy bums

70's hippies were kinda cool, modern day hippies are lame

it's literally two fucking albums teenagers listen to and go "IM SO KRAUTROCK DADDY CUM IN MY FUCK"

>what is Stereolab

stereolab is stereolab

It was a product of its time, it would be incredibly disingenuous and contrived in 2017
see: post-punk revival

literal whos

You mean when Can stopped making krautrock?

>literal whos

So you're wondering why Mainstream popstars aren't playing Krautrock? Krautrock was an underground scene in the 70's and there's underground psych bands still playing their music today. I have a feeling you've never even heard a Krautrock band outside of the typical Sup Forumscore circle jerk bands.

Have you taken you meds?

>I have a feeling you've never even heard a Krautrock band outside of the typical Sup Forumscore circle jerk bands.
oh wow congratulations you decided to copy and paste some shit from the rym charts
kys poser

That's not a valid criticism of the music itself

loads of first wave post-rock was krautrock inspired, until godspeed came along and the term was co-opted to refer to crescendoshit

>Yeah man I'm really into krautrock Can, Neu!, the list goes on...
>What do you mean there are other krautrock bands? Fuck off poseur contrarian rym teen
I really don't get why mudrones are so proud of having shallow tastes

you know i could just pretend to be into krautrock by posting random shit from the rym charts right?
its so easy to trick you fucktards into thinking i have good taste

soon over babaluma is literally their best album

>not german band
>krautrock
are you joking now? and they are all shit.

Radiohead is the closest band to the Krautrock revival.

I don't give a shit about you faking your taste fucking brainlet
If you seriously don't want to delve into a genre you only listened the essentials of you probably don't enjoy it in the first place

we did and it was called post-rock

>If you seriously don't want to delve into a genre you only listened the essentials of you probably don't enjoy it in the first place
how do you know i don't enjoy them?

A lot of stoner rock, new weird america, space rock, post-rock are all based around Krautrock. Krautrock doesn't even have a single specific sound, it's just a broad term for experimental music made in germany in the 70's. No bands call themselves krautrock anymore because it's not german or the 70's but they still play music in the same idea.

The krautrock influence is everywhere in alternative music

Beak>

/thread

I saw a local band Thursday whose every song sounded like a punk cover of Hallogallo.

eat shit
someone took youer bait, very good life yr living

everyone in this thread is very upset and i'm not sure why

because krautrock was a particular scene (time and place). it didn't even have a consistent sound. compare neu! to can for example

the influence of these bands has been felt for decades, so I'm not really sure what you're on about

>compare neu! to can for example

Those are pretty similar though with the Motorik beat. But compare bands like Popol Vuh making ambient eno-type stuff to Amon Dull II making proto-metal acid rock and they sound nothing alike.

Stereolab is heavily influenced by Krautrock, King Gizzard as well

King Gizzard is ass though

you not liking something doesn't mean it doesn't exist retard

not saying they don't exist, just saying they're ass dog

Stereolab is one of those bands that defy genre, theres a Krautrock influence, but they're not straight krautrock.

>every song sounded like a punk cover of Hallogallo
That sounds awesome actually.

That image makes me want to throw up

pic related
I was going to post this but you beat me to it

Radiohead
Pavement
Lcd Soundsystem
Portishead
Joy Division
Kanye West
Talking Heads

Can I stop now?

I probably just fell hard from some b8 but whatever

>kanye
>krautrock

have you heard this yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=tpU-1Zuno-E

He literally covered a can song

how the fuck does that make him krautrock?

shitty b8 dude lmao

which can song?

>takes skill to play it
you're autistic, there are tons of genres that take way more skill to play that also sound better too.

like?

sing swan song

he didnt cover it, he interpolated it for "drunk and hot girls" Its potentially his worst song unfortunately

Progressive rock and metal, for example. I once heard someone say that the drumming is really good on one of Can's albums, I can't remember which because all of their albums are so unmemorable. However, albums like Reign in Blood blow that shit drumming away, as well as many others.

saving this

holy
shit
this
album

hhaa i knew you'd be a steven wilson twat

>haha he doesn't pretend to like shit music like me, what a funny guy :DDDDDD
You're really impressing all the denizens of this board with your superior taste in non-music.

top bait ITT

Krautrock is early 70ies German experimental/psychedelic rock, which forked into pure electronic (Kraftwerk and Berlin School). It was a widespread and complex cultural movement whose ultimate aim was to create true German music (not imported anglo garbage) where every band had its specific sound. Can used elements of jazz and musique concrete, Neu were minimalism + m conc., Cluster were pure m conc, Amon Düül were a massive ensemble that could make psychedelic hard rock and psychedelic folk rock and Ash Ra Tempel and early Tangerine Dream were doing album-sized Interstellar Overdrives. What do you even want to revive?

>What do you even want to revive?
after reading this post, myself

tfw some of can feels like a stroke of genius and then most of it is literally intolerable.
They did some cool stuff though for the time.

>(You)
people forget that music is about sounding good not what people who listen to it are like

There is no intolerable Can song during at least 4 albums (Monster Movie, Tago Mago, Eye Bamyasi, and Future Days), except maybe the one after Halleluwah.
>inb4 pleb

Early 90s post-rock is arguably the rest of the world realizing that krautrock was on to something.

You could maybe argue The Flaming Lips as well with The Terror. That record isn't unlike the more abrasive parts of Third.

Like Tortoise?

Stereolab and Talk Talk are perhaps stronger examples.

Because revival genres are mediocre and derivative and bands can take influence without trying to sound like copies. Listen to psychic paramount senpai

the germans are too busy making killer Electronic music

It's more of a movement then a genre. There are more bands then Can and most of those bands don't even sound like Can. There are many bands influenced from krautrock but no bands call themselves krautrock because those days are passed.

>Aumgn
>intolerable
Yes, pleb

just listened to Tago Mago and I concur
Augmn is not even experiemental

you need to go outside more