How do I into Dancehall?

How do I into Dancehall?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greensleeves_Rhythm_Album
youtu.be/alJTygi_A9k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I never really got into it, but if i wanted to i'd start by looking up Major Lazer, see if anything good would appear on the recommended, check out artists they've collaborated with, maybe check out diplo's label mad decent too

Drake

do you like what you hear? do you want more? yes? well find out about who these artists are and go from there! congrats, bro. you just into'd

Eek-A-Mouse

major lazer isn't dancehall...

isn't moombahton a dancehall subgenre?

This

TIGER GWAN NOW

>tfw no actual answers

As another poster above previously said, Eek-A-Mouse is a good place to start. Obviously Yellowman too, but artists like Barrington Levy, Carlton Livingstone, Admiral Bailey, and many of the musicians on the Jammy, Power House, and Techniques labels are great places to look. Sister Nancy, Brigadier Jerry, Tenor Saw, Triston Palmer, Shabba Ranks, Super Cat, and Nicodemus are also good. I might suggest looking up "riddim" mixes on YouTube to get a flavor for some different artists. The Sleng Teng, African Beat, and Kuff riddims are especially good sources. YouTube channels like runitselectah and ShamrockVibes are your friends. Glad I could be of assistance.

Thank you!

Would it be better to listen to full albums from these artists or compilations?

Lol

What did they mean by this?

but where is magic - rude

not that guy, i think something like this will give you a good background.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greensleeves_Rhythm_Album

Vybez Kartel.

Surely it depends on the venue but normally pay an entrance fee and go through the front door.

youtu.be/alJTygi_A9k

Smash a faggot x 5