Hey b I'm fucking depressed about my own mortality and the fact that the universe is going to either destroy itself or...

hey b I'm fucking depressed about my own mortality and the fact that the universe is going to either destroy itself or become nothing but empty space. is there anyway for me to either get the fuck over it or delude myself into thinking there is some hope for an afterlife/immortality?

>inb4 edgy
>inb4 OP is a faggot
>inb4 you just need jesus

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sandman_(Vertigo)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Finch_(comics)
goodreads.com/quotes/25647-i-do-not-fear-death-i-had-been-dead-for
youtube.com/watch?v=IaqhsauQSWs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anime.. lots of anime

the meaning of life is find what makes you happy for the time you are here. that is all.

Nope. If it makes you feel any better, once you're dead you won't be conscious to lament about it.

Strength and Iron

This isn't helping!!

Get into futurology; singularity shit, technocracy. I'm not the smartest guy but I am interested in health and fitness so I'll do what i can to contribute in that field.

that's the fucking part that has me sitting here shaking on the verge of tears

"Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not." -- Epicurus

i dont think its easily ove come because i stay bred all the time when im not at work. i would like advice for fun stuff to do. i myself just spend all my time alone except for work and listen to music and smoke, its stupid but so is pursuing any other form of self gratification

also dont ever tryto join a self help group, its pseudoscience and the person only cares about your money plus its embarrassing to think about

Pray.

Who's that artist?

It's not supposed to. And you're just feeling sorry for yourself. The universe will not destroy itself, and even if it did it'll take billions of years to accomplish. You'll be dead in less than 70 at best. There was never anything for you to worry about in the first place. You're just trying to find shit to be upset about.

>on the verge of tears
Then you need to fucking relax, you panicked SJW cuck.

how exactly does that help with the heat death of the universe?

"Try to imagine what it will be like to go to sleep and never wake up. Now try to imagine what it was like to wake up having never gone to sleep." -- Alan Watts

The sun will go out, destroying life with it. The galaxies are already too far apart to fantasize about any sort of space travel. The universe will grow cold and dark. Space and time will stop, and in the end, knowing this, it will always pick at you from the back of your mind. You will never truly be happy or content. Everyone you have ever felt any shred of emotions for will die and rot. It will never get better.
Any distraction is merely temporary.
And the best part? You will birth and die experiencing this over and over and over until consciousness disappears as a concept altogether.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sandman_(Vertigo)

Neil Gaiman.

i agree that i need to relax but how does being a little pussy about my own worthless existence make an SJW?

Also if you are older than 30 you were born before every cat and dog on the planet.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Finch_(comics)

You're trying to find meaning to your existence. I get it. But you don't need to. Just exist for your own sake.

Shit son. Went in to call OP a fag but now I'm depressed.

Its our own fault for that shit too. Maybe if we'd spent less time killing each other we could of gone somewhere worth humanities time, considering we are the only beings that we know of with such capabilities, yet its wasted

Just find what you love to do and then do it for a living, with a few hobbies to go with it. If you're happy with the little things, the big questions won't be such a bother.

Or you can an hero for us, whatever

I bet you're under 20, for sure under 25. Grow up.

There is no continuation of your current consciousness.
Heck in enough years, even if you're alive, ever cell in your body will be replaced by new ones made from the materials ur body gathered from outside sources.
You're not even the same you from before, that you is no more in this moment.

But, there is some amount of solace in knowing;
(1) your material never goes away, and will always be there being made into new material/life.
(2) Technically "time" doesnt move. It doesnt "move" forward. But it has the illusion to us, because we are a product of sequence, which creates "time moving forward" to our consciousness.
So by all technical standards, your birth and your death are happening right now, and will forever be in "existence". (A better way to think of it is a book, the story ends when u reach the end of the book, but the words remain in the book, and never actually moved anywhere, your your perception of it, when u began to "read" it. (make sense of it.)

If that's all you're worried about, just wait until you turn 18 and you have real people problems to be chronically depressed over like the rest of us.

I tried for year and fooling yourself only works for a while, then you have to chance your lie and you're back on your feet. That is just how I live with it anyways

Don't worry, user. You were never alive to begin with. Not in any meaningful sense, at least. You are nothing but a pattern of chemicals and electrical signals contained in a box of meat, carrying out a series of actions that has been pre-ordained since the Big Bang. Once that pattern is broken, you may as well ask what happens to the flame when a candle is blown out. You are the lens through which the universe observes itself, and when you die you will return to that universe as a raindrop returns to the ocean.

tf? Are you high or some shit?
Everything dies and will die, that's how the universe works. Do you want to be a pussy even in your deathbed?

Here's a quote from some edgy dude to ease the passing
goodreads.com/quotes/25647-i-do-not-fear-death-i-had-been-dead-for

This is the gayest shit I have ever read.

I see everyone here is into Watts.

Anyone digs McKenna?

Select all images with store fronts

i second this.

[citation needed]

Weed or lots of alcohol my man.

Because only SJWs say "on the verge of tears" when referencing mild bullshit like this. Or transgender rights. Or Trumps victory. Or literally fucking anything. They're CONSTANTLY on the verge of tears because they're constantly overreacting to shit.

at this i really do want to believe in some sort of god i just cant bring myself to fully believe in ANY of them it just doesn't make any logical sense to me.
im ok with my existence not having meaning (got over that last year) its the whole not existing part that has me fucked up
i hate to say it but maybe you're right maybe i will just grow out of this whole "boohoo im gonna die and be forgotten within a few decades" bullshit
you know what fuck it you're right im just gonna go drink my bitch ass into a coma see you fucks in hell(i fucking wish...)

The void is nothingness. By knowing things that exist, you can know that which does not exist.

Who the fuck are we to say we know everything in this universe when we don't even scrape the surface of our own existence, it is ignorant to believe in that there is nothing more than we already know, chin up you salty cunt.

/thread

rape as many little kids as you can . we will all be dead in 80 years anyways. have fun.

Bla bla bla "time is an illusion" "universe this universe that". You see OP, fuck off with these things, nothing matters so do what you feel like , its just up to you

>its the whole not existing part that has me fucked up
And while you're busy being fucked up about that, you're still gonna die and stop existing.

Seems kind of a waste, doesn't it?

Some madmen will surely invent something making human immortal and even making it so that we will be able to live beyond the end of our universe.
Afterall humans strive for a better tomorrow.

>im ok with my existence not having meaning (got over that last year) its the whole not existing part that has me fucked up

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."

seriously, who gives a fuck. the world ends the day i die. get that through your head and once you accept it, you'd be surprised how easy everything else becomes.

I regularly kill niggers and have never been caught. prostitutes are easy. in the end, we are all going for a long dirt nap

Either we are the center of the universe, and are the most important, or we are the center of earth, and there's more to be explored. Whether the afterlife is something that's real or not, shouldn't matter to you. Either it does, and there's hope for something better, or this is it, which would mean you wouldn't be aware of your lack of existence anyways.

The universe is none of your concern. Fuck all is going to change in your lifetime. As far as your lifetime goes, do something and you might enjoy it. Sitting around thinking about such stupid shit is probably going to be a shitty life.

Every singular death constitutes the extinction of a universe. If I do not exist, nothing has ever existed, nothing exists now, nothing can ever exist in the future, because the universe only existed within Me. Got it now? "Death is pointless,that is the point"...some ancient Egyptian dude...

Study philosophy, it'll enrich your life and make you realize that the universe is absurd and fearing death is stupid.

well this thread made me chuckle and ive learned that im probably just gonna grow out of this shit anyway overall good thread but i feel like jerking off and then crying myself to sleep now so im out feel free to call me a faggot

I like to think our consciousness returns to a source after we die, like a collective. There's no proof of this and it may seem far fetched but it's what I like to think happens...who knows OP.

k faggot
have fun beating it

You know what you should do about it? Become an hero and take others with you, just have fun in your last moments, see if there's something beyond this, and have hope that there is, user

youtube.com/watch?v=IaqhsauQSWs

Existence is like the life of a sun, when it ceases to continue, it really does not stop existing, but it's existence expands into more life(suns) from the matter of it's end cycle, it just continues on re-existing and ceasing continuously.