>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zbR2mo8Eyy0
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S71056816#p71065849
ebay.com/itm/2014-Travis-Bean-Designs-TB1000A-Artist-/262482274780?hash=item3d1d29a9dc:g:vRIAAOSwnDZT8sWg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's the general consensus on Earthquaker Devices?

reposting because Fender playing tonewood fags are retarded

>LITERALLY SOUNDS JUST LIKE THE EXPLORER WITH MORE HIGH END

yeah, they both sound like shit but he's right, it makes no fucking difference

Speaking of EQD, what are some pedal companies that are highly regarded but for some reason you don't own any of them and why? For me it's EQD and EHX I can't find any OD/Fuzzes from either of them that I like and their modulation effects sound inferior to Boss and the likes

The guy playing them sounds like shit.

All of these EGC videos have only proven money can't buy talent.

Buzzo plays one. That's enough for me.

Should I get an Epiphone?

EQD seem kinda gimmicky to me. Instead of being neutral and versatile tools they seem like "stomp on this for a quirky sound you'll barely ever use".

>Earthquaker Devices

made well enough, look nice, but they have some models that go into that Devi Ever "unusable bullshit" territory
I was looking for a guitar not made out of wood and I passed on metal guitars after reading about how incredibly unstable they are. Ended up getting a Status graphite joint and I'm waiting for it to come in now.

How do I learn styles?

Let's say I want to play something that sounds "Western". How would I do that?

What about something like noise guitar

>EGC
>Buzzo plays one
buzzo moved to travis beans a while back

lol we already went over this a week or two ago, fuck off

>A MIM telecaster is selling for $2700 at my local shop
third world feels

Learn a bunch of songs by bands from those styles. Then try writing your own.

so you're the same guy I owned and you don't want to get back into it again? noted

if by western you mean country just play beginner chords, basically just e d c g and a. literally called cowboy chords
noise is all in pedals amps and shit, power chords primarily I imagine since it came from the punk scene but I can't tell for anything what their actually playing most of the time with all the distortion

sure thing you mong LOL
>post video proof of him using EGCs as often has he does TBs
>still spouting bullshit despite being proven wrong weeks ago

it's a shame that anonymity didn't hide your autism as good as you thought it did huh? just keep your mouth shut or fuck off to TGP :)

lol
youtube.com/watch?v=zbR2mo8Eyy0
what a sound!

What's the verdict on Schecter? The Stiletto Extreme 4 sounds decent for the price.

Well no.

I've been going through King Gizzard's discography and noticed they mold their sound a bit for each album:

Eyes Like the Sky: Western
Willoughby's Beach: Surf

I don't really know much about music theory and I'm just starting to play guitar so I'm wondering how they're able to move from theme to theme like that

>Schecter

I played their PJ copy thing when I was looking for a new bass and liked it a lot. It was pretty out of whack though, it only sat in the shop 6 months and had neck twist issues. Their QC seems to have gone downhill because it was the best playing out of the ones I've messed with in the past few years even with the twist problem.

Their in-house pickups sound like shit to me, but if you get ahold of one YMMV

that's inspired by spaghetti western soundtracks, look into ennio morricone I guess for more. not sure how to describe the sound entirely
surf rock is heavily characterized by tremolo picking
(also used to get a black metal or sitar like sound)

$2,700 as exchanged from your Monopoly money to usd or just your Monopoly money?

Single coils and spring reverb with a clean amp will get you most of the way their tonally.

IDK. Just get a Les Paul style guitar a Strat style guitar and fuck around with amp simulations enough and you'll get a good enough idea about what makes things sound the way they do pretty quickly.

You seem to have forgotten how you got your ass obliterated by that user? Here, have a reminder of how bad you were destroyed and tried to play it off as "trolling":

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S71056816#p71065849

He's right, it's obvious you definitely don't want another taste of that medicine.

Is everyone that plays an Aluminum neck guitar a fat loser?

>$2,700 as exchanged from your Monopoly money to usd
this one

literally not even what we're talking about lol

some guy was claiming buzz used exclusively beans, when he didn't, and doesn't

fuck off for trying to piggyback and failing though, you weird screenshotting nobody :)

Are you from argentina?
>Jackson js32, the lowest of the lowest, 7000 pesos, 500 dollars

Sweet Luicifer Lopez, what country?

>some guy was claiming buzz used exclusively beans, when he didn't, and doesn't

Except you're wrong, he switched to Beans. Link to recent shots of him playing an EGC at a recent concert.

Pro tip: you can't.

jesus christ

no wonder you guys just make ass-shaking music with computers

LITERALLY

ALREADY

DID

THIS

WEEKS

AGO

LMAO

thats not good but its not completely terrible, those are $300-330 here.

Who here has a guitar that's 30 years old or more?

[spoiler]south africa[/spoiler]

I could probably look around and find it cheaper if I buy from another city but I wont get it for under +-1200 US$

Like I said, you can't. It's a pretty simple request. You should be able to easily provide a couple of recent links to pics of him playing an EGC live if what you're saying is true. It's not though so you won't ;^)

I enjoyed this little exchange though.

I guess some countries are worst than mine but idk, amps are even more expensive
>Line 6 spider v 30 watts is 470 dollars

Never thought about that, its easier to buy a pc than a rig, i think buying luthiers guitar is also more common here

kek.

jesus. well if trump gets his way we'll only be able to buy american made strats so that's that

you guys are right buzz switched from egc to travis bean guitars last year. pic related
>Travis Bean TB1000S Pan Version
I don't know what that other retard is on about

Lol I live in Chicago where MiM Strats and Teles can be had for $225-275 because there's so many, I'd love to exploit that scarcity and send you a boatload to sell over there for $900 if you gave me enough to cover the average $250 and shipping costs plus $100 in profit and you keep the rest

Also my uncle went to Johannesburg for the World Cup and fought some African dude over a fish sandwich

haa ha ha thanks m8

how much are these guitars?

>Also my uncle went to Johannesburg for the World Cup and fought some African dude over a fish sandwich
kek, fuck niggers desu

Chicago hipsters literally play nothing but Fenders.

t. south side nigger

The Ibanez in the middle would be close to 40.

Electronics are fried but it plays amazingly besides that.

Will a Jazz Bass neck fit on a PBass? Or can I route PBass pickups to replace the neck jazz pickup? I feel the answer would be yes like swapping a Strat and Tele neck and the only issue for the bass would be a new pickguard and wiring/soldering

And does anyone have experience with the 60s Road Worn Jazz Bass? The resemblance and attention to detail to vintage Jazz basses is impeccable

one like that would go for around $7500
ebay.com/itm/2014-Travis-Bean-Designs-TB1000A-Artist-/262482274780?hash=item3d1d29a9dc:g:vRIAAOSwnDZT8sWg

250, plus shipping lets say 300 total?
After taxes here in argentina its about 500.
Mim standard strats cost 20000 pesos here, which is around 1200 dollars, we have some bussines here m8

>uh oh spaghettios!
When can we expect the next all caps post with double spaced asspain to appear?

Perfect amp for beginner, excellent toan, and when you become good enough to share your playing with others, this bitch can push a 4x12 cabinet! Headphone jack for silent practice.

Are there literal shills and viral marketers in these threads?

Seems so at times. What does it matter, youre a guitar fag, you live to suck that corporate dic; scrambling to keep your gear current.

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST FUCKING SAY ABOUT ME

YOU LITTLE BITCH?

Buzz's new sound is poor. Wish he get back to Gibsons through Marshalls.

Saw them a while back and he was having gear troubles the entire time. He should stop using meme guitars.

Im sorry, mister... i th th th thought this was how folks were supposed to interact with each other on korean cartoon site. Please accept my apology?

this. fuck all that aluminum meme shit

I saw the Melvins a lot in the 90's and early 00's. Seemed like they were the opener at every show i went to back then. Met Buzz. He pretty comfy.

Hi Sean

I'd be down, how fast would they sell if we priced them at $1,000? With the profits of $500 how about we split $200 me/$300 you give or take since you'll have to deal with selling shit in South America

Anyone here DIY their pedals/amps? I've got an order of parts coming in so I can build a Vibrolux clone box, an amp, a reverb pedal, and a fuzz pedal. Gonna have fun with the projects, debating if I should leave the builds on proto boards or get PCB made for them.

What projects yall working on? Pic somewhat related, it's a circuit for a heart rate monitor I made in school.

>how fast would they sell
I think the better option is to aproach guitarists and offer them this deal, its pretty common for musicians here to buy imported stuff, other than that this is a great idea. Have you ever shipped a guitar? I have no idea if there is a chance of breaking or what

There's nothing but 19 year old kids in these threads, you're wasting your time asking that shit here.

Oh yea I'm that Shit poster that's owned almost 100 guitars buying/selling online. Only thing that's fucked me was import taxes. I've got the proffered seller badge on Reverb if that's anything and I've got a fuckload of shipping supplies and boxes. I just think we need to check on import/customs taxes to estimate the amount of loss we'd have to take before we sell for profit

roundwound strings are a meme

Assuming I would one day like to memorize the fretboard, which would be better for my understanding of music in the long run: memorizing scale patterns in every position in every key, or just learning the scale formula and figuring out every position in every key manually?

The head is only $150 new by itself

I think it's easier and gets you playing music faster if you just memorize scale patterns and get them under your fingers first, then worry about which scale degree each note is later.

The only tax i think we should worry about is the personal import tax, which is about 50% of the product value. Of course the cheapest way would be if you personally, or i could go to.
In a flight we should be able to bring 1 guitar, maybe 2 small amps, a cellphone and a notebook maybe? We wouldnt be paying taxes and that would have a value of around 4000 dollars here, but idk how expensive is a plane from us to here

What does /gg/ think of Alex Lifeson?

:( tfw DIY hobbyist forums are even more hostile to outsiders than Sup Forums but Sup Forums has no input

why are you still here pete

Sorry palerino i have no idea about electronics, i only make guitars

looking to get an entry level bass guitar that would last me a few years for just recording and maybe gigging if it ever gets to that point. What should I get if I have a budget of $200-250?

something yamaha

SX Ursa

That would be cool but plane tickets are almost $1,000. That can be worth it if depending on the profits of a MiM Standard ($250-$300), Blues Jr. ($300-$325) or Hot Rod Deluxe 40w($350-450

My entry level Yamaha bass has served me well for nearly 10 years. Never had an issue. Taken it to a ton of jams. Been dropped countless times and scratched up and beaten around. Never really felt the need to replace it. Though maybe that's because guitars and pedals and synthesizers seem a bit more interesting.

Been admiring this Ibanez for a while

shit like this is why everyone thinks you're gay bruh

Bretty gud m8
I've been thinking about making my own amp for quite some time, but haven't started yet due to other reasons.

are they fa

How so?

With op amps it's seriously super easy. One chip, a few resistors and capacitors and you have what you would buy for like 100+$ for like 20. Showing off guitar moves to friends is even cooler when you made all your own hardware too ;)

I like em, but that streetwear stuff isn't for me

>fa
faggots*

and yes

H&M Gothninja tier. Not /fa/ at all.

it makes it even worst if you don't suspect peoples estimation of your queer/lubed butthole status

Thank you!! I'll check these out

>lubed butthole status

posting fruity reaction images like that aren't helping your situation either

Is it basically necessary to get lessons if you want to advance from being a pleb that knows how to sort of play pentatonic improvisation and generic chords to someone who is more technical and understands music theory?

I see a lot of guitar lessons online but they are either for absolutely new beginners or for people who already have a decent technical foundation. I can't find a lot of info on how to actually advance when you are kind of inbetween

I would get lessons but I literally have no time for them and I can't afford them either.

>fruity reaction images
wew lad, there really is no pleasing you lol

I had guitar lessons before and it was just learning covers. At the end of it it was just blues jamming and it was getting me nowhere so I quit them.

I want to buy a strat and install Seymour Duncan SSL-1 pickups. Should I just get a MIM since I'm changing the pickups anyway? I feel like it would be a waste to dish out the cash for a made in america just to switch out the pickups.

I've learned a lot from books and videos. Read Guthrie's book from the OP if you haven't already.

>Will a Jazz Bass neck fit on a PBass
Yeah people have done it for decades some people prefer the slimmer profile of a jazz neck. Not a problem as long as they are the same screw configuration.

As for adding a p bass pick up your looking at filling the cavity and cutting new ones which is allot of time and work. You could always just find a cheap p&j configured bass and just go with that, I can usually find one for 50-70 at a pawn shop.