Who would win in a fight? One Roman legion or 50,000 Zulus (One legions is appox 5,000 men)

Who would win in a fight? One Roman legion or 50,000 Zulus (One legions is appox 5,000 men)

Other urls found in this thread:

watchseries-online.nl/category/time-commanders
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zulu_Kingdom
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Boer_War
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198092539684/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_legion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Depends on position and time to prepare for each

Roman army worked best with many legions and varied ranged and mounted units zulus win by surrounding them not like Romans can phalanx in a perfect circle

Romans have a basic fortified hill, with a forest to their rear. Zulus attack.

zulus might win based on numbers alone

romans are armored,
zulus are near naked.
pilum barrage to remove zulu shields, then its clobbering time

also, assegai vs testude

based on the numbers
Zulus

The Zulus were incredibly organized, operated on formations similar to the Romans, also since the Zulus existed after Dutch Settlement and we're giving them contemporary weapon you can expect a small number of gunmen in the Zulu ranks. Zulus would slaughter the Romans using the Horn encirclement.

Not to mention, numbers alone would prevent the Roman's the opportunities they need to maneuver.

why are we giving them firearms exactly?
this was not agreed in OP statement.
otherwise i'm giving my romans a direwolf mech

Firearms were contemporary to the Zulu empire and available to them.

A large portion of the wars against the Zulu by the British was justified by 'disarming' them not of spears but firearms, the Zulu used firearms.

i dont think the zulus were a fan of guns since the only ones available to them were single shot muzzle loaders. i could be wrong but thats what i remember reading

>provide historical context why they'd have firearms
>HUR DUR BEAR MECHS

Time to stop posting.

zulus could battle of the bastard's them and totally surround them.

i too miss le deadliest warrior on ze spike tv videoo

Roman Legions have won against worse odds and tougher opponents.

Rome wins

bollocks to the guns, we are fighting circa 50AD

if guns were involved then it should have been mentioned off the bat.
50000 zulus with guns vs 5000 romans is a different ballgame altogether.

50000 down syndrome kids with guns could win that fight if they avoid shooting theselves

Even is they did have guns, they barley knew how to use them and ammunition was scarce. Also they can't shoot for shit.

All zulu units were pure light infantry to. Romans had a balanced army of about 3,500 infantry 500 horse units and archers with plentiful ammunition.

They did not use them with regularity, but they did have snipers and gunmen specifically in the "Loins" Portion of their three pronged formations the Head, Horns and Loins, the Head were the front line heavy soldiers, Horns were flankers and Loins were reservists and skirmishers.

They never had infantry firearm formations but the odd gunman did operate in a military capacity.

I mean, the Zulu kingdom existed from 1816-1897 and most likely came about because of new crops imported by European Settlers allowing a population boom. You can't separate the Zulu entirely from the use of those European technologies.

Zulus are sub human nigger cunt niggers, one roman could kill them all. Nigger nigger nigger.

If you're fighting circa 50AD the Zulu will win with whatever time travelling technology they apparently are making use of.

Outnumbered 10 to 1?

Zulu's win a pyrrhic victory

Me to, watch the new time commanders as a reserve.

watchseries-online.nl/category/time-commanders
The zulus stole the firearms from the British at the battle of islawanda.

If this were 5000 Romans against 50000 disorganized random savages the Roman's would have a chance, a pretty decent one, but the Zulu's weren't that, they were capable of very organized combat that overwhelmed the much more advanced British at Isandlwana.

if we're fighting at the height of zulu power, then the romans win with their time machine.

the zulus would not have had many guns anyway. only a few captured or traded weapons, with no capacity to manufacture more or to manufacture their own ammunition. i'm still betting on the romans. unless the zulus capture a gatling and have over 20000 rounds and spare barrels

What do you mean a "fight"?
A melee? A skirmish? A duel? A war?

If you are talking about just a single encounter then the romans would probably win since they had better equipment/training/strategy and, most important of all, experience against different adversaries, something the zulu sorely lacked.

On the long term tho, Zulus would definitely win, even if they have to just wait out and starve the romans.

And the Dutch during the Boer Wars,(And after trading with certain sympathetic Afrikaners) I didn't say they manufactured them, but they did specifically use them.

I just watched that on youtube
came to Sup Forums after and this is at the top

So your saying that one roman soldiers can defeat 5,000 man with spears
>pic related
Your clearly autistic

Also the cohorts are very vulnerable to encirclement a tactic the Zulu specifically trained to do.

This would most likely be another Cannae except the Zulu won't have to be as risky as the Carthaginians to achieve that result because of superior numbers.

The zulus did not exist during that war.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zulu_Kingdom
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Boer_War

depends on if the Legion had the Auxia as well
if so I would go with the Legion.
>heavy horse would decimate the zulu's

any /k/fags want to weigh in?
I'm fairly sure a musket ball would need to be quite close to puncture iron plate, so they'd need to rely on lucky headshots if they wanted to stay out of arrow range.
cartridge rifles weren't widepsread until late in the 19th century, not sure when jacketed bullets first appeared.
if it was plain zerg rush with assegais, i think the romans could weather it.

You may need to check your math there Sup Forumsro

this

Sorry I meant the precursor conflicts between the Boers (I guess they were still just called Afrikaner Dutch then) and the Zulu, before British interference.

The Zulu didn't Zerg, they encircled.

mongoloid fuck too retarded to know what a legion is

kek

The romans faced worse odds in gaul and britain.
the shields and armor would still be a good defense. the only real weakness of the roman infantry was mounted attacks and the zulu aren't known for their cavalry.

How about we settle this debate over a battle in rome 2? I should be able to stream over steam and somewhat recreate the battle.

I have a pretty good PC so it hopefully should not lag that much.

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198092539684/

Will do it if i get 5 replies.

Fuck those lightweights. Thelegend27 could take care of all those losers without getting scratched.

>Thelegend27
Had to look that one up

True

The strength of the Roman Cohort was their ability to replace and rest men on the front line, encircling them ruins that, the Roman's handled scattered disorganized tribes in Gaul and Britain and occasionally the Picts would give them real nightmares. The Zulu were an organized tactical military machine.

romans lose because they appointed some self important cornelian who fucked it all up with his hubris

>The Zulu were an organized tactical military machine.
They had one tactic, that was it. It was to surround. Romans have also won in worse circumstances.

Stop trusting Caeser. He lied about numbers to make himself look good.

Napoleon had one tactic, if it isn't broke don't fix it.

Sheer numbers would make this unlikely against just random disorganized anyone even for the Roman Legions.

Hannibal beat legions with his own armies almost entirely consisting of random Italian Gauls in certain battles.

and dude got his lands sown with salt how many times?

We're not talking long term military campaign, we're talking single battle.

One of the most unlikely things in this scenario is having a legion off on it's own with no support or network of aide to back it up I admit.

legion has about 10,000 men numb nuts

We are not talking about the roman republic. Besides the zulus were "Tactically organized" until
they entered combat.

Your trips must be fucking autistic.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_legion

Still was a badass