What happened to him?

What happened to him?

He became a fluffer.

He doesn't know what direction to go in

I don't know but his shit was supa hot fyah

he hasn't updated his aesthetic since 2011

Everything post Bastard is trash anyway

Crazy how we witnessed ofwgktagaf as young dudes from SoCal on the verge of making it, saw them make it, and watched as they sold out and now fade away

All in about 7 years

>All in about 7 years
That is a common life expectancy for a music bubble or trend

He was a flavor of the month and a borderline meme.

The deep voice and edgy subject matter and the independent ethos was cool but it's clear he had nothing else to back all that up with but more of the same.

I don't know. He got big because he was edgy and that was different. Then he grew out of that.
When I was 13 or so his music was surprising, not great, but surprising. He hasn't done anything surprising since.

>When I was 13

fUCKING KIDS ON MY ANIME BOARDSdsDAJDI"(!)D!?D;D;)DKSJAJSSOJLAS

remember when ofwgkta were the new sex pistols

does he actually smoke or is it just some gay ass "ironic" shit?

also i liekd goblin but cb sucked balls because of how "happy" and "wew im all happy and wacky" shit

He's fine, he's just doing shit that isn't music related. He has some fashion shit he's doing, think he's working on a documentary for Cherry Bomb (why he's making a doc for his possibly worst released album I don't know), and apparently he's been doing production for other rappers. Guess he just doesn't have the time for his own music these days.

i hope there's a goodfellas/boogie nights-esque rise-and-fall biopic in the works

The next Wu Tang was always the term they used

Wow, almost like a band or something

I liked the beat he did for Kim Kardashian's emoji app

that's even more apt i guess, but does odd future even have a never mind the bollocks/36 chambers that will stand the test of time? it always seemed like people were anticipating this monolith, era-defining release that was right around the corner, with the hype going supernova with yonkers, and then they got goblin

Nothing. He stayed the same while times changed.

>worst released album
You mean best, right? Sure the album isn't that great but it's easily his strongest worst only rivaled by Wolf.

Cherry Bomb > Wolf > Bastard > Goblin

Cherry Bomb is almost unlistenable, the production is so fucking dogshit compared to Wolf.

Great producer, got famous of angsty depressive rap when he was a teenage unfortunately so when he was rich and famous he didn't feel that way anymore.

Since he's rich he'd rather go make fashion shows and carnivals for fun which I respect. Earl and Frank are the only OF members making anything of note.

stopping by to tell you your opinion is shit

He has been producing and programming for a whole heap of guys in the industry, including Frank Ocean and Earl and stuff, he has heaps of credits on shit you wouldn't even think of.

I have been seeing that he is focusing heaps more on his clothing line and becoming more of a creative director sort of thing.

this nigga got it

I know he isn't a member as such, but Vince been dropping heat

Channel Orange is huge, if that counts.

Now that's what I call a shit opinion.

As a former OF fan, this post gave me feels.

>bastard not his best work
ok nigga

I agree with this list user. He's slowly becoming one of the best neo-soul producers ever to do it, and the best tracks on Cherry Bomb show this.

ok, I'll bite...
Bastard came out on 2009, so that would make this user at least 20-21

tell that to skrillex, jay-z, kanye, gucci mane, beyonce, the list goes on. all the greats have lasted well beyond 7 years

They sold out from the beginning though. If anything they've only grown as artists. Tyler and earl are both talented and smart as fuck

Cherry Bomb is my least favorite, but I agree with you. His production skills just keep getting better and better. He uses more soul/jazz/rb qualities in his music now, much more interesting than the old stuff. I think he and Earl are fascinating to watch, as they grow. Seems like Earl takes everything way too seriously and Tyler doesn't take things seriously enough. I would like to see Mike G and Domo make some really great music.

Channel Orange isn't even really an OF release, though. Earl is the only other one from the group on it. Frank was always sort of a fringe member of the group anyway, thematically his music was so far removed from what the rest of them were doing. I'm pretty sure the only reason he ever made music with them is because they were friends.

He never matured. I sympathize with the idea of how you shouldn't have to control you image, and you should be able to act like a kid sometimes ect. But there comes a point where it looks sad? That's probably just a bias of my own, but I feel like he has potential he's just being contrarian at this point to be contrarian.

He's been saying for years that he doesn't want to rap forever. He has stacks on stacks to fuck around with and that's exactly what he'll do.

excluding Frank Ocean

The ones with talent are still alive and kicking. Do you really think anyone ever, EVER gave a fuck about Domo Genesis or Mike G or Hodgy Beats? "No!"

YO TYLER WHY U AINT ANSWERIN MY CALLS NIGGA

This. Everyone knew from the start only Earl and Frank Ocean weren't a fad.