Is Office Space still relevant today?

Is Office Space still relevant today?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GKlDBi0cyIA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Office Space stopped being relevant the day Comedy Central stopped rerunning it daily.

best scene

youtube.com/watch?v=GKlDBi0cyIA

No everything is done by emails now and office printer technology isn't shit anymore.

>office printer technology isn't shit anymore.
I beg to differ

They still jam all the fucking time

Look, I already told you: I deal with the god damned customers so the programmers don't have to! I HAVE PEOPLE SKILLS ! I'M A PEOPLE PERSON! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!

>office printer technology isn't shit anymore.
el em ay oh

its very relevant because 90% of people hate their jobs

and this is basically him realizing that the lifestyle he had been living was actually the thing that sucked the life out of him

yes very relevant. Im a wagecuck who lives this shit daily.

it hasn't been relevant since the economic crisis

people would kill to have this whiny cunt's low effort job

>mfw once my school loans are paid off I can leave the office job lifestyle

Can't wait

>people would kill to have this whiny cunt's low effort job
Basically this. But it's still relevant because even when you get the job you will still be living in hell.

youre gonna make it user

Yes it's as relevant as it ever was.

Idiocracy is MORE relevant.

Extract was never and will never be relevant.

>takes me 90 minutes to travel 5 miles to work due to traffic
>my boss is an asshole who hasnt got a clue how his own office works, just wants the job done.
>office equipment breaks down weekly
>inconsiderate dicks everywhere
>office weirdo who everyone ignores, probably gonna kill us all

Literally Me, the Movie.

I didn't realize that I wouldn't enjoy the stress of being an engineer. At least I can pay them off fast with my salary

After that who knows but thats the exciting part!

>he thinks idiocracy is relevant
Jesus christ you are some faux intellectual

Idiocracy is a terrible movie though. People have been climbing over each other to praise how much it got right but on its own it's shit

>you don't bike to work

What kind of job do you do?

>biking to work
not everyone works in Colorado

Anyone who uses idiocracy as some comparison to modern times should kill themselves

it would literally take you like 20 minutes and you would get excercise

if you try biking to work in LA you might die of heatstroke before the midway point

Yes it is still relevant. Why wouldn't it be? It's worse now because you have to endure these horrible jobs because they know they can replace you with hundreds of other people lined up in the streets.

>ends up doing shitty manual labor in the end

>I didn't realize that I wouldn't enjoy the stress of being an engineer. At least I can pay them off fast with my salary

You sonofabitch. I graduated in December and I currently work in an office call center for specialty medications. My whole family keeps sitting on me for not getting an engineering job and honestly I don't want to. I like my job. It pays *okay* and in a year I'm set to get a $6 raise when I get made a fulltime employee. Plus, I'm literally surrounded by beautiful women.

I've had internships in factories. I don't wanna work with fat baby boomers and Indian dudes, with my only escape being to wall put into a factory floor that's louder than a jet engine to talk to a tweaker about how he needs to adjust some tooling by 0.00005".

Fuck.

ir is still relevant if you compare it to an every day office job.

Tech office job? No, the industry has completely changed. Dude doesn't have to deal with outsourcing , writing a TPS report stopped being relevant along time ago. Also the industry has gotten much younger, his job is now gone by a 25 year old Indian kid

people don't really get the point of that

manual labor is often more enjoyable and because of the low supply it sometimes even pays more than a desk job. Of course I'm not talking about laying Stucco in 110 degrees with Jorge and Manuel but people like plumbers, locksmiths, glass guys - some of those guys are making serious money

I like learning about new things everyday and solving problems, don't get me wrong. I am always interesting in learning how shit is actually built and I get to see that everyday workign with the various other engineering types (I'm electrical)

Our office is literally all engineers so its generally all the same type of people and I like most of them pretty much. But what I don't enjoy is worrying about budgets, schedule pressure, worrying I made huge mistakes even if I have double or triple checked and even if it has all been reviewed by more experienced people to be good. I just want something simple like delivering the mail or being a librarian or something. I haven't quite figured out where I can go to next but I know engineering isn't the answer for the rest of my life

>construction
>shitty labor
It's hard work, but it pays well. Some people even enjoy it.

Except wasn't he literally just picking up trash in the end? He wasn't skilled enough to be a plumber or locksmith like you say, that kind of job requires some sort education/trade certificate no?

Construction; was clearing debris for a new site to open up.

Lots of construction workers make serious money and get a decent workout, a tan, etc.

Problem is your body breaking down physically. I mean, if you lift shit properly you'll be fine, but it's hard to have perfect form when speed is a factor and you're doing it 8 hours a day.

This. Construction is a young man's job. If your in your 40s still working the shovel then you fucked up.

No. This was when gen-x had cushy as fuck jobs that required little effort to get and maintain, and they complained about how it bored them. Nowadays people just want jobs period.

>fly a desk in the Air Force
>they showed Office Space the last day of tech school
>"This is your life now."
>get on base
>it's exactly like Office Space

The dream is alive in some places, friends.