robertchristgau.com/xg/pnj/pj77.php
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=buttpunk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I SEE

NO EVIL

Youth Of America >>> Marquee Moon

>buttpunk better

Suicide >>>>> Youth of America

Christgau rated this as his #1 album of 1977 alongside Rocket to Russia, so there's a thing called coexistence... :^)

There was plenty of room for shitty wannabe punk back in the day, it was called new wave.

patrician art punk didn't stop because black flag and the ramones were popular. people who would make patrician art punk would probably make that sort of thing regardless of the ramones or black flag or something else's popularity. its just not music that many people can/want to make. this thread is pretentious as fuck and your idea is dumb and not well thought out

>being this much of a nu-male

The big attraction of this album at the time was its cleanness in an era of bands like Foreigner, Styx, and Pink Floyd with grossly overproduced albums. One thing you notice about MM is that it's also aged extremely well and doesn't obviously sound like the late 70s, while you can't say that of an album like Leftoverture. All the tinsel on those albums is fun to listen to, but it also really really dates them.

>television is nu-male

wow what a time to be alive and browsing neo-Sup Forums

This insult is really getting old, I don't even see how it applies here

This. Dubs confirm like a motherfucker.

What is old-male music?
Limp Biskit?
Fantomas?
Tool?

Please enlighten me, oh masculine taste police

here u go youtube.com/watch?v=XfkBueEBIRA

>music made by gay Ethiopian negros
sounds a lot like nu-male general to me

So... Only this band? I mean, I really don't want to be nu-male reddit cuck, I want to be a part of the club. How do I do it?

Shit taste btw

wow nice nu-male homophobic
its a 5:30min song obvs you didn't listen too it. typical close minded nu-males

I'm surprised he didn't object to the song lengths and extended jamming since he usually hates that stuff.

> you didn't listen too it

>Among his principal implications, chief is that I do not know that song from before.

this sounds like shit a 17 year old virgin would put on a sex playlist that he never ends up using

sucks that 50% of the threads on Sup Forums have to get derailed by trp/alt-right insults now

Ain't that real pretty how RHCP stole the riff from Elevation.

post something better nu-male
lets hear what then nu-male collective has to ofer

>this sounds like shit a 17 year old virgin would put on a sex playlist that he never ends up using
speaking from experience huh nu-male?
lmao thxs for the laugh!

I was mainly trying to take the piss out of the OP. Dismissing the Ramones and Black Flag as buttpunk felt pretentious as said.
I actually really love Television.

They did?

DID YOU FEEL LOW?

No

Ever heard of a little song called Californication?

>the climax on the title track

thats what i thought nu-male
all talk and zero action

post a pic of yourself and your favorite album show us the true essence of masculinity.

Or the melodramatics on this album.

yeah i always thought it was the most inconsistent A+ rating christgau's given.

maybe it's just because they were part of the punk scene in NYC

im a girl

>maybe it's just because they were part of the punk scene in NYC

And the clean production with no guitar wankery.

clean production yes, but i mean there's some guitar wankery on it

MM in some regards does adhere to standard 70s AOR conventions with its slow, melodramatic, and loooong songs. Like all the great albums, it's both of its time and transcends it.

The Ramones were more unconventional in that regard since their short, fast songs were very untypical of that era.

>nu male = girl
nigger bitch

robertchristgau.com/xg/pnj/pj77.php

Here's his top 30 albums of 1977, and also the top lists of several other critics. The common theme I notice is how much all of these guys are tripping over themselves to list as many fedora hipster albums as possible.

NAH

>Dancer With Bruised Knees
Noice.

The McGarrigle sisters are just the upmarket version of Heart.

>buttpunk

Pretty much. I gave DWBK a shot, that album was just a little too pretentious for me.

All critics love Bohemian shit like that. They dislike metal and prog because it's the music of the people.

I fucking hate it when people say Black Flag is stupid or compare it to shit like the Ramones

Listen to The Process of Weeding Out, it's way more virtuous and creative than anything these fucking one-hit-wonders put out

What is "Buttpunk"?

You fucking faggot...

I checked the archive and I'm not the first person to use the term.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=buttpunk