What do you guys feel about The National?

what do you guys feel about The National?

hipster trash

Alligator and Boxer are great albums but after that they became pretty dull, High Violet had some good tracks though.

Incorrect. Please try again.

Tindersticks did it better

nope its a fact
only white ppl listen to this crap. total snoozefest

my favorite band ever by far. Their best three are a tie between high violet/boxer/alligator, but my personal order is alligator, then high violet, then boxer. Was a little disappointed by their last release, just because it was a little shinier and less drum-heavy than their previous, and it lost a little bit of the emotional punch for me, but so it goes. People shit on them for being boring, but there's actually a fuckton going on in all of their songs, it's just incredibly subtle. Not to everyone's taste, i get that, but they do what they do better than anyone else.

Stop shilling this garbage

It's a common fetish for a doting man
to ballerina on the coffee table cock in hand

Kudos to you for venturing out of the Gorillaz and Kendrick threads, but please stay in them until you wrap up puberty.

i have bettr taste than u pleb

what do you mean

I like Interpol and a lot of older post-punk, but these guys are pretty boring. Probably because I like edgy guitars and bass in this kind of music.

>criticizes music for appealing to "whites only"

>has multiple fleet foxes albums, a red house painters album, a FATHER JOHN MISTY album, Cocteau Twins, and Aphex Twin in his collage

ISHGYDDGY

Nice meme b8.

all of those albums come directly from soul/funk influences
but then again hipster trash who enjoys boring ass the national wouldn't understand.

best band on the planet. will be back with another instant classic in late spring.

>only white ppl listen to this

implying it's a bad thing

>diesses the National
>has Courtney Barnett
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

aww are you homophobic?

lmao

I enjoyed it

this is probably bait but

fleet foxes are solidly indie folk, very white genre.

FJM is ballad-oriented 70's style singer-songwriter, another incredibly white genre.

Aphex Twin is IDM, zero soul influence, very, very little funk influence, a very white genre.

Red house painters have neither soul nor funk influence literally at all. Cocteau Twins have very little of either also.

Actually, explain how these artists come "directly" from soul/funk. I'd love to hear what you come up with.

Boring

> "My taste is superior"
> Courtney Barnett
> Red House Painters greatest hits instead of an actual album
Yikes...

Having you legitimately considered killing yourself at this point in your life or nah?