youtube.com/watch?v=u0aGpqBU25c

youtube.com/watch?v=bF5EJbWjYXM

youtube.com/watch?v=9o-QAY7XEJg&t=44s

youtube.com/watch?v=rTfa-9aCTYg&t=123s

youtube.com/watch?v=iVCqCX170Ow

youtube.com/watch?v=4fMmdWanDhA&t=1s

why is this shit so fucking appealing

youtube.com/watch?v=ttoyjKv3KOM

Anyone got a playlist with all these songs in them?

Nevermind just found a vaporwave simpsons playlist on google

youtube.com/watch?v=rTfa-9aCTYg&list=PLwnj9XTXht67H3sXQD8NuEZDYgfULgj-g

Dumping my a e s t h e t i c s

youtube.com/watch?v=stgrSjynPKs

Yung Lean sucks

youtube.com/watch?v=Um7hzMXvRc8

Ok

dubs speak truth

youtube.com/watch?v=kBxdsAXBRYI

I love this style

that shits noice my dude
Like idk what it even is
Its like 90ish in the lense and shit idk

i'm running a fairly new facebook page dedicated to everything aesthetic, at least in my eyes, check it out if you want
/lackingsource
pic is some edit i made, that's the general style of it

I think a few songs from Unknown Death are ok, maybe even good. But beyond that, it's tough listening to him

by beeple

My version of liberty leading the people

original painting for comparison

plaza.one/ a good vaporwave radio

jaw dropping

Wnedy is my aesthetic

youtu.be/2nsbjrM4baM

check my limited edition

isn't this just a vaporwave thread?

pretty much

bamp

I'm 34 years old and this vaporwave shit gives me so many feelings... I feel so nostalgic just by looking at these pictures.

I'm a bit new to all the aesthetics, but I really like it. Can someone please explain me a few things? I've read about everything about how it is all based on "tech vintage" from the '80-'90s etc, but I find there a few common "traits" in all the aesthetics art which I cannot immediately grasp.

For example, it seems to me that the color purple is a major component of all the aesthetics visuals. Is there a specific reason for this?

Other observation: most of the landscapes appearing in aesthetics are either A) tropical/coastline/palms/beach/sea or B) highly urbanized areas, either skylines at night, or pedestrian-level views of roads - in this case, almost always a bus stop appears, or a vending machine. Specific reasons for this?

Finally, one cannot notice that a common theme is that, in aesthetics, it is always summer.

A very last thing: where do you guys take mictures which look like from manga-like videogame? I refer to stuff like
Sorry for being newfag!

Bonus picture: the crazy sunset I got at my parents' house in central Italy a few days ago!

I had a friend explain vaporwave to me one night and i feel like it was one of the most accurate things i had ever read.

"Vaporwave is being in a disco with music playing and you are on the dance floor. there is a heavy fog and you cant really see too far in front of you but when you do catch a glimpse you realise you are alone in this dark lit room."

Its inviting but mildly unnerving. I went to go walking one night while listening to music. the marblefloor album came on and it honestly scared me a bit. Try this sometime by the way...

Purple stays for early games color system CGA invented instead of RGB. It was along cyan, magenta and black. It looked horrible and was soon dropped, but it was very popular at early stages of color videogames development.

Tropical coastlines, palms, big citiies etc is a coomon view from movies and games from 80's (like Miami Vice or Knight Rider) and the japanese words or views are because main development of technology and software was in Japan.
Checked floor,sea pattern or ancient monuments goes from default view of early 3D editors, and sometimes an ancient statue was used by developers to show the performance of their editor.

It's all about flashy, kitschy aesthetics of 80's and early 90's, now there is hype for it, because it looks exotic for modern kids.

That's a great explanation, thanks m8