Let's play spot the autist. How smart is Sup Forums?

Let's play spot the autist. How smart is Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S377HwOthjo
google.gr/amp/s/blog.xkcd.com/2008/09/09/the-goddamn-airplane-on-the-goddamn-treadmill/amp/?client=ms-android-om-lge
animations.physics.unsw.edu.au/jw/plane-conveyor.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump to get this debate started

general assumption that Sup Forums isn't on board or the general weight of the neckbeards on the plane would collapse the landing gear

No autists so far, i'm disappointed

yes because according to all known laws of aviation OP is a faggot

It would take off because if the cornwallis affect

No, it can't faggot

A conveyor belt moving at the exact same speed as the plane's wheels but moving in the opposite direction would cause the plane to not move forward. Meaning that the plane isn't gaining the forward momentum required to gain flight.

It's simply physics, and anyone who disagrees needs to an hero immediately.

>saying planes move due to the wheels

No u are wrong stfu fag

Kek

its kinda like asking if a plane not moving at all can take off. like nigga are you autistic

I am not sure, but i think it wouldn't, because plane need to have speed relative to air, but air and plane dont move.

He would have no effect on this plane user

The speed and velocity with the rotation of the earth would put it in the air

autismo spotted

Are you a retard my dude

How the fuck do you think planes move on the ground

This stupid fucking debate is relying on the assumption that planes take off only using their wheels, which isn't true according to all known laws of aviation.

So take your stupid fucking
>greentext bullshit
And shove it so far up your ass you take flight

The plane would stand still and the belt would fly off its rollers and slap op in the love pucker.

A plane needs to have kinetic energy to take off not to necesserily move. In that case the plane has gained kinetic energy so it can take off. God people are stupid

Also, plane can fly in aerodynamic tube, with no moving relative ground, but air is moving

yeah it would take off. The wheels would spin super fast and probably burst into flames, then the plane would be flung from the conveyor and if it survives it would be able to use its engines to take off just skidding on its belly.

teaching autism levels off the available spectrum

Kekamundo

I'm on a board full of fucking idiots.

The answer is yes, because it would cause the plane to accelerate to flying speeds, it would physically move forward in relation to the ground, at the speed of flight. So yes, it would.

made me chuckle

>A plane needs to have kinetic energy to take off not to necesserily move.
>In that case the plane has gained kinetic energy so it can take off.

>Implying that an object standing still with only one part moving can gain kinetic energy.

No no yore good scynce mah dood

No they don't, dummy.

Imagine the plane is on a giant rug. As the plane's engines propel the plane forward on the rug, you pull the rug backwards. The end result is that the plane has moved down the rug, but because you are pulling the rug backwards, the plane hasn't moved relative to the ground underneath the rug or to the air around it. Ergo, no way to get lift. The conveyor belt is the same principle as the rug, just on a loop. It's like an infinitely long rug that you can pull backwards for an infinite amount of time. The faster the plane moves down the carpet, the faster you pull back the rug. If you are always pulling the same speed, the plane won't make progress. If you pull the rug faster than the plane is rolling down the carpet, you can even get the plane to move backwards.

The point of the runway is a running start
So yes, it would fly
Really, really shittily considering the take off is baseline on the ground, but takeoff would definitely be achieved

Prove me wrong cunt

Yes BUT... What if it's a flying carpet? Just sayin

Too bad planes move due to thrust from the engines and not rotation of the wheels, they're not cars autismus maximus

Imagine you are running on a treadmill but the treadmill suddenly stops. You wont stop aswell but keep moving, meaning you have kinetic energy. Now go neck yourself

Pilot here. If the plane was made out of diamonds it could fly because one gram of diamonds weighs like 100 grams so it would stop the conveyor belt.

flight relies on aerodynamic lift generated by air moving over the wings.
if the plane is standing still on a moving conveyor belt relative to the surrounding air it wont ever take off. the wheels will just spin.

well wind passing over the wings is what produces lift in a fixed wing aerocraft. a strong wind can lift an aerocraft of the ground

someone who's not autistic

Totes

Yes. Yes you are.

>How the fuck do you think planes move on the ground

Probably the same way they gain thrust in the air actually. They aren't cars.

when the plane first accelerates the wheels start spinning and the belt tries to canceel out that, but it cant because the planes speed is not bound to the speed of its wheels meaning the belt and wheels would accelerate on and on to speed of light and beyond.
the plane itself would still continue to accelerate and could liftoff asuming the wheels can withstand the immense force of themselves spinning

If this was a viable option, why wouldn't the aviation world do this? Less space taken up by runways if you have an infinitely long compact one.
I'd hope it would take off, but my sense of logic says no. I'm basing all of this off of nothing so fuck off and let me be a happy noodle.

Wouldn't the spinning tires move the air around the tires?

What if you put some wings on the tires too?

So let's say the pilot stops to eat a dick; are the passengers faggots too?

nigga i could see youre trolling even if i was blind
0/10
ya'll retards

The wheels of a plane rotate no matter if the planes engines are producing thrust. If the engines were off and the plane was placed on a conveyer belt, the plane would remain in the same spot and the wheels would spin according to the speed of the conveyor belt.

Now fire the engines up and produce massive amounts of thrust.

>thinking plane won't move forward
>autism.jpg

w/o the (((tires))) the plane would scrape the ground. it needs the tires to gain kinetic energy - i.e. gain speed - and move with ease.

The more the turbines thrust, the faster the conveyor belt would move

>ITT: trolls trolling idiots trying to troll by being idiots

Read the question tardniggers. The plane has engines on the wings for flight. Even if the belt matched the wheel speed the plane could just go straight up.

no it cant

You need to re-read my post, or stop trolling. Moving by thrust makes no difference. You can imagine a tiny plane on your living room rug, moving by thrust. As it rolls forward, if you pull the rug in the opposite direction the plane won't make any progress.

>Wings on tires
kek'd

Is it really that difficult to understand?

Anyone who thinks a stationary object can leave the ground, two words - an fucking hero.

No in this circumstance their sexuality wouldn't be dependent on the pilots choice of eating said penises

No, displacement of the plane relative to the space it's supposed to fly in and the air will be none. Plane would meet no air resistance on the wings that would lead to lifting of the machine.

>stops
>the treadmill s t o p s
>s t o p s

My dude OP never said the treadmill stops, therefore rending your entire POV invalid, making your meaningless life have even less value, which is why wasting the rope to hang yourself would be a disservice, and you should just suffocate.

ether a bad troll or a complete autist

Thanks for the clarification. But they might still all suck cock, just coincidentally, aye?

REAAAD NIGGAA, REAAAAADD!
youtube.com/watch?v=S377HwOthjo

mythbusters.jpg

The text only says that the belt is designed to match the speed of the plane in the opposite direction. It said nothing about the conveyer belt actually moving.

so say we launched a rocket, but it had wheels attached and they were on a vertical treadmill which is spinning at 29374838338 km/s. would the rocket take off? Yes you autistic beck beards

google.gr/amp/s/blog.xkcd.com/2008/09/09/the-goddamn-airplane-on-the-goddamn-treadmill/amp/?client=ms-android-om-lge
I doubt you retards will understand a thing but there you go.

That would actually be the potential energy

animations.physics.unsw.edu.au/jw/plane-conveyor.htm

my plane can take off, niggas

Damned right.

No it wouldn't, but the ground would descend beneath it.

No because only potential energy would be created

It's the relative speed of the wind that takes the plane off. That's why planes take off facing the wind whenever they can.
Assuming there is no wind in your example, the relative speed of the plane to the air is zero, so no take off, of course.

On several more premises this might make the plane into a large rocket powered car on a conveyor belt
P1: the conveyor belt is very strong
P2: the conveyor belt is powered by huge engines which move tens of thousands of tons and also gear up into higher speeds to carefully match the jetplane. This is almost impossible.
P3: the plane and its wheels can handle greater ground speeds than intentionally made. IIRC, the jets of a plane create huge amounts of downforce which might rip the plane apart if you kept it on ground level.
So yeah. If the conveyor belt and the plane are indestructible and impossibly powerful and precise engines can move the belt, you might end up with something silly: a plane not lifting off the ground.

SO CAN WE ALL NOW AGREE THAT THE PLANE WILL NOT TAKE OF?

No. Enough airflow needs to occur around the wings for the plane to lift off the ground; aircraft such as the 747 are designed to accumulate this airflow by moving forward.

This.
At least one know some physics law

So like, with those premises, could we like solve the energy crisis and shit? Fucking awesome for the polar bears.

We'd save the fucking polar bears and invent cold fusion before any of those premises are met.

Not necessarily. What if you made the whole plane out of graphite and you powered the belt with solar panels?

Air moving over and under the wings causes lift. The wheels turning doesn't make the plane fly you fucking idiots.

THE FUCK AM I LOOKING AT

A plane retard

I'm thinking this is a troll but just in case...

That's implying that the friction within the wheel axle is equal to the friction within the conveyor belt.

The wheels would just run freely and go over the conveyor belt as the engines pull it.

LOOK AGAIN RETARD

"Plane Retard" slow geometric phemonenon

It wouldn't be stationary. The wheels roll freely while the turbines pull it forward regardless of the ground below it.

No it wouldn't take of due to the fact that it's not generating any wind resistance to produce lift which is what make the plane go fly fly

Two words: helicopter, retard.

that's three words

>the comma don't be silent

The static thrust created by the jet engines would not propel the plane forward because the treadmill would transfer any kinetic energy the plane has away from it via the wheels, assuming the treadmill would instantly accelerate to the same speed the wheels would be moving. The plane needs an initial velocity to achieve lift and the treadmill would not allow the plane to gain any velocity by taking the energy the static thrust produces from the vehicle's point of energy transfer.

As the treadmill got faster and faster it would pull a wind current right underneath the plane. Small, but enough to cause the plane to lift a little. It begins to make small bounces, and then larger bounces separating itself from the backwards force of the treadmill in increasing lengths until eventual liftoff

Shit, you're actually right. I hadn't accounted for the vacuum the treadmill, a stationary object with a rotational velocity. The vacuum would create an area of low pressure causing the plane to bounce and since the engines would be at full spool they would instantly produce thrust at takeoff velocities once the jet left the ground.

Starts with plane stationary on stationary belt.

Plane begins to move forward.

Belt accelerates to match speed of wheels but plane is still moving (albeit slowly) forward causing wheel speed to be slightly higher than belt speed.

Feedback loop causes belt to keep accelerating until bearings seize at which point it stops.

To determine if the plane can take off we now need to know what plane and the friction coefficient of the belt.

Of course, the non bait version of the question where the belt matches the speed of the plane rather than the speed of the wheels is much simpler.

Stfu OP... This is easily solved by a simple application of the knowledge of drag, lift and thrust:

If we assume an approximate weight of 800, 000 pounds and 65,000 pounds of thrust at takeoff, you then should dress in drag, lift your scrotum and thrust a 16 inch dildo into your rectum.

Hope this clears things up.

We got a good haul so far boys.

Assuming:
A) the wheels spin freely without friction, as in the wheels have friction with the conveyor, just not any friction in the axis.
B) the conveyor will cause wind when spinning

then if the conveyor belt moves fast enough then the wind will be great enough to lift the plane

Not that it is very likely tho

kek

Why doesn't the plane just take off in reverse?

No. because the plane needs lift from wheels moving it forward. without that then theres no way it can go even if the engine is going full blast.

I'm beginning to think the wording of the question is rigged. If you had an operator trying to speed up the treadmill as the plane tried to take off, the plane would still take off, no matter how fast the operator moved the treadmill. That I get, but it seems in that scenario the planes wheels would always have to move faster than the treadmill. The problem here is that the conveyor belt is supposed to exactly match the speed of the wheels at all times, which I'm beginning to think is a physical impossibility.

I used to be a no-fly person, but I will now concede that no matter how fast the conveyor belt is moving, the plane will be able to move forward and gain ground. The only issue is the wording that says the plane's wheels can't move faster than the treadmill.

Think of yourself on a skateboard on a treadmill, using a fan to push you forward. No matter how fast the treadmill goes, even 200mph, you still only need a small amount of force to keep stationary. It would be easy to use the fan to push yourself forward, no matter how fast they move the treadmill. To do that though, your wheels have to be moving slightly faster than the treadmill below.

It'll skid like all fuck but itll take off

No because there's no airflow over the wings, as the plane becomes stationary when their engine thrust force and conveyor belt force are in equilibrium.

only fan two times fast normakl airoplane wind could blow on it and make it take off but that wind would be too fast to make