If you haven't watched every film on this list yet, stop whatever you were planning to see...

If you haven't watched every film on this list yet, stop whatever you were planning to see, and finish this list instead. You can not seriously consider discussing cinema if you haven't seen them all.

Citizen Kane (1941)
The Rules of the Game (1939)
Battleship Potemkin (1925)
Vertigo (1958)
The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928)
L'Avventura (1960)
8½ (1963)
Bicycle Thieves (1948)
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans (1927)
The Searchers (1956)
Tokyo Story (1953)
The General (1926)
Greed (1924)
City Lights (1931)
The Gold Rush (1925)
Singin' in the Rain (1952)
Ugetsu (1953)
Seven Samurai (1954)
L'Atalante (1934)
The Godfather Part I-II (1972-1974)
La Grande Illusion (1937)

Sticky this.

I've seen some. Boring as hell. I discuss film fine without seeing the others. There are more important films that exist.

i haven't seen ONE film off that list.

>more important films that exist
Like what?

>ONE
>001
Which one?

Meshes of the Afternoon, Menilmontant, Wavelength, Breathless, Listen to Britain, The Mirror, inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

I've only seen 2001, Godfather 1, and Singin' in the Rain. Which should I watch next, bros?

I've seen 5.

Citizen Kane, Sunrise, Goldrush, Singin' In The Rain (I'll cut a bitch if hey say this sucks), and Godfather Pt. 1.

2001, Tokyo Story, Seven Samurai, and. Godfather Pt. 2 top my priority list right now, not in that order.

Ooh, Breathless is probably a good choice.

Watch from top to bottom.

Vertigo is great. If you're going to watch citizen Kane, watch a documentary about it first; there are some funny parts of the film that require some explanation to understand. PBS made a good one but i forget what it's called.

Some of these are important, but much less than those in OP list.

No.

I'm not canceling my plans to fuck this trap today, user. Sorry.

>8 and a half

No need to watch that. Good cinematography that's about it.

>2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
lmao not even Kubrick's best

80% of 2001 is fucking shit.

Explain to me how Listen to Britain is less important than Greed or Vertigo.

Sorry user, but I don't have enough time to watch a list of movies like this. I already made plans with wife's son to see The Secret Lives of Pets and then tonight I plan on watching my wife have sex with her bull.

It is less influential and significant in terms of artistic and technical mastery.

Oh then you can try and show this list to your wife's son and your bull's girlfriend, and if they like it they might watch it, and then you can watch them watching these films.

which 80%? which parts in particular are you referring to?

I don't watch films