A nigger?

A nigger?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XmXqf768bjE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A person of color?

No, a nigger.

A nigger cuck.

>it's a we need to make the audience hate this character quickly and with no effort so we'll just have him say something racist/sexist episode

This.

Not only is it lazy, it apparently has an entire population thinking, "Welp. That guy didn't say "nigger" so he's totally not racist!"

How the fuck

>mfw seeing this scene for the first time

VERY out of place.

What was the reason for it?

Was Kubrick a xenophobe?

But that makes me like them even more.

youtube.com/watch?v=XmXqf768bjE

I love Room 237.

>So I'm a big fan of Kubrick. I mean he's just such a genius. But I didn't like the Shining. This made me upset. Then I realized there was actually super secret symbolism in the film that I just didn't realize, proving Kubrick faked the moon landing.

Kubrick didn't like the darkies very much.

Que negeroes?!

see

A strong, independent black woman?

I really don't think that was the reason.

A darkie.

Kubrick
>Had that old black bell hop and James Mason get caught in that fold out bed gag
>gave James Earl Jones his first film role
>had about 1 black guy in both A Clockwork Orange and Barry Lyndon
>forced Scatman Crothers and Shelley Duvall to go through dozens of traumatizing takes
>the surviving white soldiers in Fullmetal Jacket avenge their fallen comrades, among them a black man, by relishing in the death of their murderer, a teenage Vietnamese girl
>I have no idea if anyone wasn't white in Eyes Wide Shut
He was very particular to detail, and he wanted his audience to notice striking differences in characters. In Kubrick's way, he had to be very economical with who he'd give the "ok" to be on screen. Keep in mind that very few of Kubrick's movies take place in the real world.

A mongoloid? A caucasian? Who are we talking about?

This is now an Eyes Wide Shut thread

I find this film very comfy

I guess I'm a sucker for snow

A cuck?

me too Colorado settings are great

Yeah for a horror film it's one of the comfiest ones I've watched.

Insidious is actually a guilty pleasure of mine. But a true horror film, a GREAT horror film, is determined by it's tempo.

Like a serial killer or stalker, The Shining took its time. Patient. Ready to strike.

At this point we can say Kubrick was simply a product of this time; eventually, any decade is going to look fucking backward once you get enough distance.

"EWS" was 1999, his last film prior to that was 1987, and the whole "maybe don't fill your movie entirely with white people" meme didn't start until, what, the last 10-15 years?

why are those women carrying that little kid around like that?

Why? Because he said nigger? That's a pretty stupid reason to like someone

It's the same strategy they use when a male bad guy kidnaps a female character, and then starts groping her or trying to rape her out of nowhere
>In case you didn't know he's a bad guy, he's also a rapist so now you have to hate him

They were taking him to where the rainbow ends.

A proud descendant of kings?

Explain this scene to me.

Zenophobia

Kubrick was warning us of the furries that would show up in the 21st century.

That man was a prophet.

its like, WHAT EVEN!?!?!? hahaha, they must have been on soooooo many drugs when making this lol

I thought he was playing a Tomahawk Chucker.

The moon landing was faked.

Grady, the butler in the scene, lived in the 20s or 30s. It would've been unremarkable for him to call a spade a nigger.

This is actually explained in the book.

easter?

Explain it to us then

>A nigger cook

What did he mean by this?

I don't remember well but that's the hotel's owner and his gay sex slave or some shit.

But in the book it's a wolf mask. Nobody knows why Kubrick changed it to a bear.

I have no idea why Sup Forums hates da joos because this guy knew his shit.

In the stable?

>Adapt to this, nigger

I understand that he was a nazi villain, but it still pretty shocking

Oh boy!

Based Boyd

Oh, come now. We know exactly why he changed it to a bear ;)

I'm not sure what the point is here? It seems like Kubrick was diverse about who died and lives in his films.

It's Stephen King who predicted furries (You)

Shelly Duvall had a rocking nude body for a tall chick, and shes aged okay too