>2012
>criticizes musicians for using autotune

>2016
>uses autotune heavily on the literal first track

Other urls found in this thread:

picosong.com/zsZ5/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nice blog post

are you trying to tell us that people can't grow a different opinion? wew, you are a very close minded person, aren't you?

he wasn't wrong about the autotune abuse. Ironically, he uses it the first track to make his voice sound worse.

HEY GUYS I DON'T LIKE FRANK OCEAN AND HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO DO WITH MY LIFE SO I'M MAKING A THREAD CLAIMING HE'S A NARCISSIST ON A VIETNAMESE BOARD: The Post

>2009
>writes The Death of Autotune

>2011
>makes a full album with Kanye

there's a difference between autotune and simply pitched vocals

how so?

Are you stupid? Are you retarded? You don't know the difference between auto tune and vocal pitching?

That's not fucking autotune.

not that user but do you know what autotune is?

he said there's a difference
explain it to me

In all seriousness, Blonde is a piece of shit. For the years spent waiting by his fans and all the hype generated around it, really didn't live up to the expectations despite everyone desperately wanting it to. The skits are lelsorandum, tracklisting does not flow well, too much indie guitar, lots of filler. Sorry it just wasn't that great

yeah i agree enjoyed endless better.

autotune is made to fix blemishes and bend bad notes to sound good, its like singing through a filter. Frank uses his own voices, but changes the pitch. Remove the autotune from any song on 808s and Kanye sounds like shit, shift Frank's vocals back to normal and it still sounds fine

oh that makes sense. thx m8

They still both sound terrible

Not those anons, but autotune changes the pitch of vocals (or whatever you put through it) so that there's less variation in pitch. It can be made to sound subtle and natural or dramatic and robotic. You can use it to tune vocals to the chromatic scale or any other scale.

Simple pitch shifting just changes the pitch of an audio sample, but doesn't necessarily make it sound more in tune or pitch-perfect. You can raise a vocal part an octave, for example, without it being perfectly tuned to a chromatic scale. The pitch variation will still be there.

i think its a perfect album, honestly. i disagree with all of your points, to the extent where i almost just disregarded your post as bait. everything fits together and makes this really interesting portrait of nostalgia and growing up, i think.

Anyone else digging Ryan Adams latest album? One of the most consistently great songwriters of this millenium despite some up and downs.

Prisoner is emblematic of his entire discography from beginning to now while expounding on the nature of man and a satricial shot a social commentary being sought and advised within an abstract conscientious framework.

picosong.com/zsZ5/

Not bait friendo. Actually the exact opposite and can't even comprehend this level of delusion. Would take Trout Mask Replica any day over blonde

lol, yeah it was surprisingly good and I don't even like him really.

i know its not bait, and its find that you have that opinion. i wasn't trying to change your mind, just telling you an opposing position

>Would take Trout Mask Replica any day over blonde

>everything fits together and makes this really interesting portrait of nostalgia and growing up, i think.
explains why i dislike it and prefer endless then.

>lots of filler

Name one filler song except maybe Futura Free

>t. listened to blonde once
i take it you're not one for patience?

autotune IS pitch shifting, retards
stop talking about things you don't understand

Well then you're just fucking retarded

>ugh you just didn't get it BRO

yeah, you mong. Autotune is pitch-shifting, but pitch shifting is not necessarily autotune. Frank did not use autotune.

>if it doesn't share my values its retarded
cmon m8 grow up. its fine you like nostalgia but i prefer forward thinking albums. upward mobility if you will. theres nothing back there for me
but again its cool you enjoy blonde. great work but not for me

he's a hack. how's this news?

>t. normie

endless was literally just a marketing ploy to build hype for frank and end his contract with def jam, if you actually like endless more, you're literally retarded.

>futura free
>filler
pleb

i mean - on some level you or the person who i was responding to DIDN'T get it, especially when they call the album focusless and full of filler, and called the skits "lelsorandom" when its obviously not the case.

Name one patrician album you like

what are the guidelines for an album being "patrician"

I'm not even that user. If you don't like the themes that's fine but if you don't like it because everything fits together then my last statement still holds.

how the fuck could you know whether he used auto-tune or not? there seems to be some kind of pitch correction going on in Nikes, for instance

>on some level you or the person who i was responding to DIDN'T get it
your lack of basic reasoning is astounding
you really think people who disagree with you on a subjective matter HAVE to be uninformed or engaging the material on a lower level of sentience?
why do musicians like ocean attract such low IQ crowds?

autotune =/= pitch shifting
audible differences, pitch shifting is way simpler in how it just shrinks or stretches the waveform and doesnt retain the nature of your voice like autotune does

>it was Kanye who came up with the idea to write an anti-autotune song
MADMAN

Even if you're not a fan of the lyrical content, the instrumentation definitely holds its own ground. So many memorable sounds.

You are fucking retarded, stop posting.

autotune IS pitch detection + dynamic pitch shifting
stop talking, you know nothing about this

i dont get your point. i said it was fine that he didnt like the album and that i wasnt trying to change his mind, but he was wrong about it being directionless. which he is. he didnt "get" that aspect of the album

>Che Guevara
>Jewelry

don't care for the themes. its composed well but not for me. but again its immature calling ppl names over subjectivity.
we don't all have to share the same opinion of every album ffs.

>pop/rap musicians
>logic

refer to >but he was wrong about it being directionless
that's subjective. you can't be wrong about it since it's just an opinion

frank ocean fans literally have subhuman-tier IQ, who would knew? :^)

>why do musicians like ocean attract such low IQ crowds?
Probably has to do with him originating from OFWGKTA. Definitely attracts the underage crowd, explains the immature sound he was going for on Blonde (random screaching at the end of "Ivy", etc.)

no, its not an opinion, the album has a clear theme and each song relates to that theme in someway.

i know some things asshole
i can pitch shift audio and i can autotune audio theyre not the same process and either way itll sound just as shitty

Self Control is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard, it fucking makes me cry

Blonde is definitely a pleb filter

google "subjectivity", it will do you good

do you have max/msp? download any autotune-like patch and it will literally comprise a pitch detection unit working alongside a PITCH SHIFTING unit
auto-tune is a dynamic pitch shifter/corrector

>unironically uses the pleb/patrician meme
definitely underage

>the album has a clear theme and each song relates to that theme in someway.
that's an opinion, sperg

You are literally retarded
Stop looking at words

He only shifts the pitch. Could he potentially have used Auto-Tune to pitch the shift? Sure, but it would be a waste of time since all he is doing is shifting the pitch. You can't compare that to artists that use Auto-Tune in the traditional sense like Kanye or T-Pain. Or even Quavo's auto-tune on "Slide." OP is implying that it's the same thing, and it's not.

is that only word they taught you in 5th grade?

>why do musicians like ocean attract such low IQ crowds?
Because people with high IQs don't bother listening to any music in the first place

i know what subjectivity is, but story and theme are not subjective. interpretation can be. but if i said Inherent Vice has no story or thread then i would be wrong, because it clearly does. we're not arguing over whether is sounds good or even if the theme is presented well, just whether it is or isnt there - //spoiler// it is //spoiler

okay explain why is this theme surrounding the album consisting then.

Frank did use AutoTune on Blonde you idiots, on Futura Free

>unironically criticizing someone for using Sup Forums terminology on a Sup Forums board
Kek then in that case over 75% of the board is underage. Which wouldn't surprise me

i'm sorry, i dont understand - could you reword?

having a discernible theme doesn't imply it can't be directionless
whether it is directionless or not is a value judgement ie subjective matter

Blonde is
//spoiler// shit //spoiler

what gives you the reason why you think the themes in blonde are true.

>is that only word they taught you in 5th grade?
Cool post. Autotune and pitch shifting are not the same. Pitch shifting has been around forever. Autotune is a meme that was invented in the 90s and used on every bro country record since the 2000s.

>muh it's popular so it's shit

It's like how Sgt Peppers is a "concept album" even though it really isn't. Blonde is similar in that regard

That's my point: we can't know whether or not he employed whatever software he used to pitch shift his voice also as a pitch corrector. to me it does sound like he did. his voice has that unnatural feel of auto-tune in Nikes

confirmation from Frank, my themes arent interpretations, its literally what Frank said about the album. And if you're gonna tell me that he's wrong, then I dont know what else to tell you

>strawman

See

not him but that doesn't mean it can't be considered directionless by someone
even though the themes mentioned by ocean made themselves clear to me I still felt like the presentation was a clusterfuck ie directionless

thats fair, i assumed we were specifically talking about theme and consistency of theme. i agree, to some extent, that the album does have a problem with being too erratic at times and trying to be too many things, and being so eclectic that it loses focus in that regard.

apologies for my sperg

>muh scaruffi

I think we settled this earlier in the same thread, eh? Wipe his semen off your ass.

That's fair. But I still don't agree with what is implicit in OP's post.

2:07 on Self Control is one of the most transcendental eargasms I've ever had, that song is pure beauty and sadness

>you don't like it cause it's popular!
>go suck scaruffi's dick elitist!
Let me know when you come up with an argument as to why Blonde is a memorable or good album

>when an ethnic tries his hand at boundary-pushing music
keks were had every time

there's a difference between autotuning to fix vocals because you're either too lazy or unable to get it right and full-on changing your voice in the vein of T-Pain and Daft Punk

I hated those parts of the album too but come on OP don't be dense

>underage fags who care about what other people think of their taste

>insecure fags who want to put people down for having different taste

oh you guys never grow up :)

>mfw Blonde

I feel bad for you if you don't enjoy this album and hope you'll get to enjoy it like I do someday.

and then there's you

>whiteknighting a rich rapper you dont even know
pathetic

I just ate/drank my own semen out of a star wars mug and I think Frank Ocean is the greatest musician of this generation

But OP is talking specifically about Nikes

>not recognizing the bait
Everyone on this board can tell the difference between autotune and simple pitch-shifting

Beautiful album, AOTY to be honest

>t. numale

>forward thinking albums
you're literally bait

First time I listened to blonde, I thought it was shit. Saw people kept talking about it and gave it another try. Now it's my album of 2016 and one of my favorite ever. I'm usually not into that genre, but I've never heard such a comfy and innovative r&b album. I can just put it on and relax or go on a walk. I am not memeing when I say that I think it's the modern day loveless, in a way that there's so much emotion in the sound of the album, but you just won't enjoy it "until it clicks" meme. I recommend any anons saying it's boring or bad to give it another try, particularly when you're in a comfy/nostalgic mood.

this is actually why i put the album down immediately shit i need to actually listed to the whole thing i guess

you really should my dude

>rapper

pitch shift you fucking idiot kid