Thoughts on the new album?

Thoughts on the new album?

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Q1YfKbHVWc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0c_mhrB7LlQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what new album?

It's alright, but I like Joji music better.
youtube.com/watch?v=7Q1YfKbHVWc

Haven't heard it yet. If it's a Joji based album I'd go out of my way to buy it. The guy has serious potential to make some emotional and experimental music, despite his opposite online persona. I find his outside endeavors to be hilarious as well though.

Plz boss, I hava cancer boss

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0c_mhrB7LlQ

For all you faggots that havnt seen it

Thanks. Tbh no Joji, no care

Fucking garbage.
The few songs that were good have already been out for quite a while.
I know he does a lot of parody shit, but I just wish he would make GOOD parody shit.
You can make a song funnny without doing a retarded voice, and constantly stopping the music to throw in a quip or one liner. STFU, Rice Balls, and Trap Dumplings are fucking terrific, funny, and don't use stupid tactics to force a laugh out of fans.

listened to the first few songs and i didnt like it enough to keep listening.

Props tho since hes interesting.

I loved the new getter collab.

Good shit.

their first album was good, but everything else is just pop crap.

I suggest "white is right" "dora the explorer" and "nickolodeon girls" best 3 in my opinion.

first five seconds
nah

Agree, the only song I thought was okay is 'Are you serious?'

Eh, I wasn't too big a fan of it, but I thought "Dog Festival Directions" was pretty funny and I liked "Help".

The rest of the album I could take or leave.

You people who dont know who papa franku is should kys.

Same user as this post.

Stuff like Balls and Crazy Nigga are funny, and they're short. So you don't have to spend like 3 minutes listening to what is essentially a joke based around shock humor and foul language.
Don't get me wrong, I love shock humor and foul language, but it gets old when every other song just rides on that.
This nigga has legitimate fucking talent, and I like his beginner-tier shit better than a lot of professionally produced stuff. I know his thing is parody and humor, but he really does need to focus a bit more on combining good music with comedy. It can be done; look at not only some of his own work, but a lot of Eminem's.

If it was a better album with less filler crap, I'd buy it in a heartbeat even though I don't use itunes; I'd do it just to support my favorite artist.

But with the level of effort put into it I don't think I wanna waste my time.

Its based around the fact of many memes last year being forced, like most of the songs on the album, they arent meant to be good, he's making money doing complete utter shit and rubbing it in your face in the sexist way possible

Help is fantastic
We Fall Again is fantastic, but has been out a while

Dog Festival Directions is good
Fried Noodles is good, but has been out a while
STFU is good, but has been out a while
Dumplings is good, but has been out a while
Rice Balls is good, but has been out a while

Other than that hot trash. It's a parody, sure, but not a well done one by any stretch.

>sexist way possible
Wanna try that one again?
I think I know what you're trying to say, but that doesn't make me want to buy it.

Exactly what I was saying.
The good shit is the shit that's already been out for a while.
I feel like he just really quick wrote some easy shit and produced it under the excuse of "its supposed to be bad; that's the joke."

The thing that frustrates me is how talented he is yet doesn't use it often. He is giving the majority of people what they want though, so I guess that's a plus for them.

See
Other than those three and the ones the first user mentioned the rest our pretty shit...

I didn't like them personally, but there was effort there for the most part.

Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel.

Help and We Fall Again are songs I would actually listen to. Dog Festival and the trap songs that he actually puts a couple jokes in are pretty fun. I'd lump Nickelodeon Girls in with these.

Yeah. All the rap/trap songs that aren't even comedic really make the album fall flat.

It's like the "Hood Rich" song he put out a couple weeks ago. I can't laugh to it, I can't jam to it, I can't get into it. It's just bad rap.

Yep...i dont know i think he definatley has alot of talent and i think he should focus more on "clever" comedy that comes across as stupid at first until you think about it and not hust songs that are just stupid because stupidity is "funny"

like "haha he said balls 42 times" is easy laughs
I'm listening to Rice Balls right now. A lot of his lines are fucking genius. He is really fucking good at this, he just devolves into toilet humor too often.
Also kinda ironic that the end of this song is him making fun of people like us, who want him to produce better music.

our

Exactly right my friend. He is a genius all you need to do is look at his amazing "lore" of his video's to see that but i wish he just devoted more time to making the comedy smart while coming across as stupid which in my opinion songs like STFU, Rice Balls, White is Right and Dog Festival Directions are definatley that because they seem stupid but for example white is right actually has legit social commentary and rice balls as you said has really clever lines and a ironic ending and i just wish he would make more stuff like that really.

Was just listening to it, was hoping to find details a thread with it.
I like it really. Funny and not terribly produced.

Between The new CALassic and this my meme hip hop is exploding.