5 > 4 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

This is the only non-meme answer. 2 > 1 is acceptable but not encouraged.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dskTEpaR_xI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

5>4>3>7>2>6>1

anyone who doesn't put ep 7 dead fucking last is a confirmed pleb

4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 1 > 3 > 2

Never got the hype for Revenge of the Sith

also, you're a pleb

1>2>3>4>5>6
Anyone who disagrees is reddit.

5>4>7>6>3>1>2

TFA is better than ROTJ when you take nostalgia out of the equation

You are a living meme

You actually got it right. Anyone who says different is either purposely contraryion, memeing , being ironic or was born after 1995.

the idea that ep 7 is actually good and not completely infantile trash is the meme.

All of the episodes are trash, but 7 just happens to be less trash than the prequels.

One was better than three.

It had by far the most practical effects out of the prequel trilogy.

It felt the most real.

It had the most interesting settings and creatures.

>
Damn right

V > I > IV > VI > III > II > VII

True, this was mostly due to the limits of the technology at the time which prevented George Lucas from going too far with the CGI which he inevitably did with the later two movies.

The guaranteed commercial success of the prequel trilogy enabled Lucas to take a novelistic approach to this trilogy. The critical misgivings were misplaced because it was reviewed as three standalone blockbusters, rather than a unified story. The critics and fans who rejected the prequels are generation that don't read books, and have only Hollywood as a model of what storytelling can be. The RLM reviews typify this outlook. With patience, a wonderful work of art unfurls.

Episode 1 methodically introduces the characters and themes, much like the early chapters of a novel, or the early episodes of a HBO serial like The Wire. It establishes Anakin's separation anxiety, his oedipal relationship with Padme, Padme's conflict between her youthful idealism and premature political responsibility, Palpatine's politicking and Obi Wan's reluctance in mentoring Anakin.

Episode 2 seamlessly transitions from Anakin's troubled childhood to his early adult years. His difficult relationship with Obi Wan leaves him yearning for a strong father figure and leads him to Palpatine. Later, the death of his mother further pushes him into a doomed romance with Padme, his surrogate mother. Episode 3 brings all these plot points to a crescendo. Palpatine uses Padme to pull Anakin to the dark side, and it is too late for his negectful surrogate father Obi Wan to prevent it.

The themes of the prequels perfectly tie into that of the original trilogy. Anakin's lack of parental guidance creates a troubled adult. Obi Wan redeems this past error by ensuring Luke has a loving family. Luke in turn rejects the stoicism of the old Jedi and builds the rebellion on love and friendship. The saga comes full circle when Luke heals Anakin with unconditional familial love.

For all the epic intergalactic warfare, the driving vision of Lucas's Star Wars is beautifully simple: the child is the father of the man. We need loving family relationships to develop morality and courage.

There is nothing in 7 that compares to the Luke parts of Return of the Jedi

this guy knows, RotJ is pretty garbo until the last half hour

Stop.
Although 7 should be last

I whole heartedly agree my master and always will

You are correct, sir.

The placement for 1, 2, 4 and 5 has always been settled. The only debate is between 3, 6 and 7.

>in terms of quality of the movie itself
6>7>3

>as Star Wars movies
6>3>7

7=||>6 tbqhwyf

No, the placement for 1 has not been settled. 1 is the best of the prequel movies

correct OP that is the right ranking

5 > 4 > 6 > 2 > 1> 3 > 7
yep
but ideally it's
5 > 4 > 6 > whatever fucking movie that isn't branded starwars > forget the rest

4>5>6>3>=1>7>2

5 > 4 > (6 = 7) > (1 = 3)

It's not even debatable.

If your order isn't...

4>5>1>6>3>7>2

...then you aren't a true fan of starwars. Sorry.

>2
>Above ANY Star Wars film

Just kill yourself.

Says the guy rating 7 anything above trash level

The Phantom Menace is the worst because it's so fucking boring.
It starts out decent enough but once they get to Tatooine and meet Anakin the quality drops dramatically. It really doesn't help that
1) Anakin's actor is horrible
2) Actor aside, his written dialogue is terrible too

I put 7 ahead of 6, 6 is pretty fucking bad other than the emporer / vader / luke stuff

5>4>3>6>1>7>2

This guy gets it, I'm convinced people just haven't watched jedi in a long time

Even redditors/nu-tv should be able to admit that 3 is better than 7

I don't know how McGregor was so terrible either, Lucas got the absolute worst out of him

There's no way anyone can legitimately think that. You twat.

Go rewatch it. The han / leia chemistry that worked so well in empire is completely lost. Jedi is the clear beginning of the end for lucas, and most of it is extremely soulless and feels like it was rushed.

Go ahead, tell me chewbaca yelling like fucking tarzan isn't terrible. You have fucking stormtroopers running back and forth where you could have yakety sax playing.

Watched the OT before VII came out and the drop in quality from V toVI is stark. V flows perfectly between scenes and feels complete.

i rewatched every single star wars film before seeing TFA and TFA is by far the worst of the bunch, it's not even close.

>that twirling copter shot at the end of 7

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS ACCEPTABLE?

>it's a 5 > 4 post

I loved the intro when the jedi go assault the command room up until they have to flee.
I liked part of tatooine, mostly the podrace (extended version is great albeit) and darth maul's encounter. The tatooine arc is very representative of the movie. Little awesome for plenty of bore fest.
You can't deny Duel of the fate is classic cinema now.

ep1 is underrated but with revised rating I still wouldn't rate it above borefest despite the few great scenes.

5 > 4 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

2 is legitimately one of the worst movies ever made. Name one redeeming quality

I'll never watch 7 ever again. I was so bad the first time around when I actually tried to enjoy it I'd only get mad if I were to watch it with a critical eye.

As for 6 I've never actually stopped watching it since forever.

5>4>7>6>3>2>1

5>4>6=3>1>7>2
The only legitimate answer

this user pretty much gets it

Good taste user

So the completely univeral view that the prequels sucked beyond imagination is erroneous?

ok

5 > 7 > 3 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1

This is the only correct answer for anyone who actually appreciates cinema.

padme and her ridiculous outfits designed only for seduction

5>4>6>1>3>2

people only think it's good because it's better than 1&2 but that's not really an accomplishment is it

reminder that anyone who puts Episode 7 anywhere other than last is a legitimate grade A retard.

TFA is a remake of 4.
If you're ok with that. Marvelous.
I believe we had every right to expect a new story.
Watching the movie I thought to myself "ok, It's over, this is the last one cause the writers are practically telling me they cannot come up with anything new"
A heavy breathing villain, a friggin 3rd deathstar, a female Luke. And frankly I'm the kind that can't be bothered with convoluted links and twists that mean absolutely nothing to me.
If you can't paint a visual picture with a good solid story arc, fuck you.

>rating blatant propaganda so high
>appreciating cinema
0/10
name a single redeeming quality for 7.

7 is fanfiction. How it is anything but last just shows how many shills actually post on Sup Forums

The main characters were boring as fuck.

Finn was a soldier from birth/young age turned traitor yet shows no signs of this background in his character. We never see him struggle with fitting in with common folk, his ingrained training hindering him or even helping him, or any conflict killing his former brothers in arms.

Rey is plain boring, there's nothing defining about her except she can do anything the plot requires, and the more.

Kylo not being bad ass is a massive problem though, because the movie and following trilogy lacks a threatening villain. Snoke is a joke and kylo is laughable. It's the same problem with grevious and dooku. It needs a serious villain.

It never really explored anything, just jumped from place to place.

The actual plot makes zero sense, "a map to Luke"? What the fuck? R2D2 just wakes up with the other half... It's just really poorly written.

the only good list is as follows
4>5>3=6>>>>>>>>>

Top pasta.

Damn, long time since I got quads

I liked 6 a lot and everyone hates it here

leave return of the jedi alone

>7

It's the Ewoks.

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 7 > 2
is the only right answer you plebs

I prefer 1 over 3.

It's more fun. It has better original music. It has better locations. It's better to make fun of.

youtube.com/watch?v=dskTEpaR_xI

Listen to this and tell me it isn't Star Wars as fuck.

this

4 5 6 3 2 1 7

I think this was intentional. The prequels took risks with the characters and the story and they failed. Abrams essentially remade Episode 4 in order to appease the fanboys and appeal to a young audience. This was essentially a palate cleanser after the shitty prequels. Hopefully, the next two will take some risks and explore some unique storylines. If not, then fuck Disney, but if they pull it off, then TFA will just be the mediocre one that kicked off the new era of Star Wars

Jedi is a remake of 4.

This

Is anyone else get really pissed off when someone doesn't agree with their list?

I put a lot of thought into mine and seeing people choose others before me is extremely annoying. I want to throw something.

Non nostaglic fag

5>4>3>6>7>2>1

I cant believe people still recognize the existence of the prequels let alone rate them

edgy

You're correct, now stop these threads forever

I like 3 more than 7. I saw 3 twice I enjoyed it so much.

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 2

7 isn't a star wars film

>putting 7 over 3
That's pretty much your only flaw, but fuck you anyways.

You are retarded.

Watch the original movies again and please without your pink retarded fanboy glasses.

3 > 6 > 5 > 2 > 7 > 1

7 is pure dog shit, wouldn't even call it a Star Wars movie. Just some comedy Hollywood shit with characters talking like today's people when in all the Star Wars movies before they talked a little weird for the fantasy/fable atmosphere.

>Star Wars II worse than VII

Just watched it again. Damn, is it underrated. So much that happens in this movie alone.

First time we see young adult Vader,
broing up with Kenobi,
nice chemistry,
all the Jedi temple awesomeness and lore,
some more Luke village
Padme midriff,
Anakin and Padme falling in love,
Anakin's mother getting gangraped by "sand people",
Anakin redpilling the audience about a dictator being good if the majority is retarded,
Anakin slaughtering the sand people like "animals",
Boba Fett and his daddy,
clones,
actually doing something funny with C-3PO for the first time with the body switching,
war with Jedi action,
Dooku vs. Anakin, Kenobi and Yoda,
Anakin losing his arm,
Padme and Anakin getting married.

Everything with an OST that's fantastic throughout the whole movie and easter eggs like Anakin's shadow resembling Darth Vader.

Prequel haters are pretty fucking retarded, I now see it clearer than ever before.

And of course III is hundred times better than VII.

this.

it makes no sense the potato adores vader, luke definitely told him he was actually a good guy and even beacme a force ghost. they fucking burnt his corpse because he was a good guy, everyone knew it at this point.

he has absolutely no motivations and reasons to join the dark side so far and it's doubtful this will change. meanwhile anakin had great reasons to join the dark side.

it makes no sense rey is suddenly this good. 30 minutes earlier ren easily wrecked her. then he can't beat her anymore and she goes from not knowing what the force is to as strong as Luke in VI.

it's makes no sense how deformed vader's helmet is. wood fire doesn't do this.

it's retarded ren freezes plasma shots. they are supposed to be deflected with the sword, this was lucas' vision. if jedi can easily freeze them, there is no reason for not just using regular bullets which are faster and more leathal anyway. now the only reason would be "but plasma looks cooler" which of course is a terrible reason from a world building perspective.

killing off the only charismatic actor.

2>>1>7>4>5>3
any other rating is by a child

4>
7 was better than 1-3.
A New Hope is at least twice as good as any of the others. It's complete in itself, the rest aren't.

>7 was better than 1-3.

naw. it's barely better than 2

I love how you and people like you have deluded yourselves into thinking that's a rational opinion

>meanwhile anakin had great reasons to join the dark side

I WON'T LET YOU DIE IN CHILDBIRTH. SHEEV CAN HELP ME. OH WAIT HE CANT? BETTER KILL THE YOUNGLINGS

You're a child

100% agree

Is it irrational because it disagrees with you?

>7 better than any George Lucas Star Wars
>7 is a Star Wars
>The city of you

The Star Wars films were always very progressive for their time. Lando was no smaller a jump than Rey. A bigger one, actually.

They were designed to sell dolls.

5>4>6=3=7>1>2
Correct order

More or less. Although I think 3 gets way too much love. Its a fucking horrible movie.
All the dialog was laughable. The plot is retarded. The only "good" thing about it is the yoda v Sheev saber fight which I hated, and the long ass CG volcano fight, which sucked.

To be honest aside from kid Anakin and JarJar, I is an OK movie.

yeah, real dolls

Wrong, nigger.

5>4>6=3>1>2>7

3 still gets rated way too highly just because it stood alongside midgets. It was also awful.

4/10, 2/10, 5/10, 7/10, 7/10, 6/10, 6/10