Are festivals worth it any more?

I was walking around the mall and saw Coachella advertisements everywhere.

A Ray Ban store had big banners all over saying "GET FESTIVAL READY"

FYF which cost $80 6 years ago is now competing with Coachella ticket prices

I have seen some amazing sets (Flying Lotus, Death Grips, Kanye, Run The Jewels)
but for 99% of the other groups I go see half the crowd isnt into the music or they are just there to wear some bullshit unique hipster outfit and say that they went.

God I want to hate-fuck her so bad.

I just wanna go somewhere and trip in the woods while crazy shit is playing.

Any festival for this feel?

probably because you have shit taste and have never actually been to any good festivals

Depends on what kinda music you're into. I see all kinds of fest I would like to go to, and I listen to everything.

Stop being cynical and start living your life. If you have the disposable income, go see for yourself what a festival is like. Remember that you are the one who determines what's valuable in your existence, not others.

NOOSE festival

thanks mr bogman

Okay name some good festivals

Yeah I probably am being cynical, but ive been to many festivals and find myself surrounded by more and more people like this each year.
But you are not wrong user

N O O S E

its because a festival isn't about the music

a festival is an experience in itself

girls want to be seen, get attention in a high energy space and everyone is on drugs.

i don't understand why you virgins are so cynical towards the idea of people being happy and having fun

yes, go socialize fgt

coachella.

>inb4 coachella is gay hurry duurr

>pay out the arse to go to a festival
>everything there is dirty and all booze is expensive
>Most bands a shit, you only go for the one or two you like
>get so high and drunk that you aren't really listening to the music anyway (if you even make it to your band instead of missing it), just swaying to whatever beat comes your way.
>stuck miles away from the stage 90% of your time there

Of course they're not worth it, anyone who'd rather go to a festival than just see good bands at their own concerts is either retarded or a 16 year old female just there to lose their virginity to some scummy 24 year old druggie.

I only go based on bands playing, I'm done with going to Lollapalooza just because it's Lollapalooza bro.

I went to riot fest last year and would've hated it had I not wanted to see so many of the bands. There were so many people there just because it was a festival to go to, tons of normie ass white bitches going because #festlife yo.

The last fest I actually enjoyed was a hipster neighborhood festival that had a bunch of neat artsy type shit going on as well, and I was on a bunch of acid which helped.

>i don't understand why you virgins are so cynical towards the idea of people being happy and having fun

they've never had fun or sex and feel they're above everyone else.

>NOFUN.JPG

I'm not saying getting high and fucking around isn't fun, but why a retarded amount of money to go to a music festival and not actually listen to the music when you could, for the same price, see your favourite band in concert and follow it with a weekend long drug binge at decent clubs.

If it's a bunch of artists you like, in a location you want to travel to, for not a lot of money, and, and now this is the really important part, you objectively want to go, then WHO IN THE EVERLOVING FUCK cares how many "muh hipsters" are there. They're happier than you, the girls are getting more laid than you, they don't give a fuck if you want them to enjoy the music. Want them to? Bring along some friends and try to start a conversation.

dekmantel

>going to festivals with more than 3000 people
Lmao poser faggot

but
coachella is gay hurry duurr

You're doing it wrong if you can't get a good spot to the band you wanna see, the key is if they start at 2:00 you don't show up at 1:57. You can hear the band on the other stage just fine while you wait.

Shambhala is literally this

noosa?

close enough

nice samefag lmao

nigga how do you not even know the name if you are peddling it so hard in this thread????????

brah this guy's got a point wtf

shouts for the shambhala tip tho

Really depends on the festival

okay now im just telling you to actually noose yourselves you fucking idiots.

Dür

this...too bad americans only have shit festival

N O R M I E T I E R N O W

ozora

THIS

hot chicks go to Coachella for instagram selfies

And sex

but not with us :^)

Over here in the UK we seem to have a different festival culture to the US. I think the closest one I can equate coachella to over here would be reading and Leeds fest.
I've never been to Download, or Bloodstock or any of the other big UK ones, but I've been to Slam Dunk for the past few years and I really think the one day festival idea is great. Loads of great bands, outside in the summer, and a killer after party (in the VIP area anyway).
It's definitley one worth going to, although this year's line up is pretty weak compared to the past few years.

it was never worth it because all normie festivals only feature shitty nigger msuic for teenagers

only festival I've attended was Outsidelands which felt like exactly what OP described.
30 minute lines for "artisan wine" in plastic cups, what a fucking joke.

some say the gaslamp killer is still playing his set

whoops didn't mean to reply to you user.

if you're near WI I hear the EDM festivals in the summer are pretty great for what you're looking for. dunno if you like that type of music though.

>30 minute lines for "artisan wine"
wtf

Okeechobee in Florida is like that
Unless I'm thinking of the wrong one
There's one in Florida like that
Went once and people were selling/doing all kinds of shit for cheap
Found someone selling mescaline there which was surprising but really cool

>30 minute lines for "artisan wine"
>wtf
this is what the monterey pop festival was all about you fucking assssshoooooole

that's call psytrance and it's fucking boring.

Electric Forest.

You're talking about Summer Set, and it's usually pretty great.

Make friends with super left wing people with dreadlocks.
They know about illegal forest goa parties which always have amazing trippy ass decorations

Above and Beyond Group Thereapy is amazing if you're into the music. No one comes just to come to a festie. The people that come are very, very into the music. Almost cult-like, but not in a bad way. I went last year in Amsterdam and am going this year at The Gorge Amphitheater in rural Washington.

Super-international fee. Friendly people. Almost all dudes, though.

>*Super-international feel.

Last year Sound on Sound fest was so nice the forest it took place in gave a lit feeling of isolation it was really cool

Sound on Sound, Day for Night, Fortress Fest

>tfw loads of shitty festivals with 2 or 3 good ones in my country

I'll probably go live in Germany next year, any good festivals there? I like math-rock and electronic mainly

Isn't Ozora basically the Europian burning man

Sound on Sound was fantastic. Never felt such a feeling of chill and just overall warmth, while still being at a decent sized, well-booked music festival. Already dreading the days normies ruin it.

Shame about the last day, tho.

Didn't get to go to the last day but I doubt that it would ever become a normie fest

Do it for the booty

you mean not with (you) ;^)

Festivals are cool if you have friends to go and camp with and bring a lot of drugs. I went to a festival a couple weeks ago and found it fun, although I don't do as many drugs as I used to and went mainly for the music. The crowd I camped with (and the crowd in general) was there to openly do drugs and party and have their eardrums burst out by really loud, good music.

It is not as bad as you think, although I had to separate from my group several times to genuinely enjoy the acts I wanted to see, and it can be kinda expensive. In the end, everyone is there to drown out the troubles of real life, as it is an entirely different world over there.

Electric Forest is GOD TIER

the call that saved music

Going this year for the first time. Weekend 1.

Driving from Minneapolis. Super hyped.

But that ass is whack.

>done with going to lollapalooza
same. Been there 3 times and saw some cool acts but the lineups have seemed to consistently get worse. Maybe my taste has changed but I mean hell I got to see Darkside as a headliner and I sure as shit ain't getting something like that again.

Has anyone here ever been to Pitchforks festival? How good are they usually, the lineup looks great this year.

nope, sziget is

Is anybody going to Panorama this year?

Festivals are gross. Live in shitty conditions for three days with a bunch of drug addled hippies and hipsters? Pass.

primavera sound in spain is the best festival in the world, starts late and runs until dawn so you get to sleep in and still have time to enjoy barcelona. Also the whole thing is right on the water line in this avant garde park, you can jump in the ocean if you want. Also best line up every year.

INFRASOUND FESTIVAL.. went in 2015 and i was the best festival expeirence ive ever had. its in northern Wisconsin btw

if your a pleb

truth

Fluff Fest = Best Fest

>I wont see van the man before he dies
>I will regret it the rest of my life

I was there last year and had one of the best times of my life. Decided to go the following year before the line-up was even announced. And boy was I satisfied when it dropped.

>I have seen some amazing sets (Flying Lotus, Death Grips, Kanye, Run The Jewels)

>actually proud you paid money for these shit acts

lmao @ ur life senpai

>I've heard good things. What make it so wonderful, exactly?

Are you going again?

Electric forest is shit
Rothbury was way better

What do you consider non-pleb festivals, then?

That sounds fucking dope, great lineup too

Tragedy America doesn't have a festival as nice sounding as that

>go to a festival for the first time a few years back
>all of the stages are close enough to have the sound bleed into each other but far enough where it's a bitch to walk to each one between sets
>buy a slice of pizza in the afternoon since I'm starving
>$7 per slice and it's basically cardboard with elmers glue on it
>thirsty, ask for some water
>"we don't have water but we have lemonade"
>ok how much is that
>$3
>fucking hell, maybe it's in a big bottle or something
>its just a normal plastic cup
>end up spilling most of it a few minutes later

ended up seeing like 4 acts total, wasn't worth it

Which one are you referring to?

Bring your own food?
Why the fuck would you buy food there?

>op is wondering if any music festival is worth it
>i'm sitting here wondering if life is worth it

Get good.

Any festival with jam bands

This

You realize that Sup Forums is THE home of others determining what you value.

idk it's a bunch of white weekend warriors who want the authentic woodstock experience or something so they dress like wannabe natives and sit in the grass fried off molly and too many $9 beers