Had a decent thread last night so im back

had a decent thread last night so im back

ask a pharmacy tech anything

How does one make a fatal dose of poison from household stuff?

what street drug have you tried?

Get me drugs man!!!!

How do I get my doctor to prescribe me codeine cough syrup if I don't have a cold or dry cough?

inb4 nig

just weed and oxy/hydro

you dont

honestly thats probably harder than getting straight up percocet or norco

how often do you steal drugs?

im not a chemist, but i can tell you that tylenol/acetaminophen/paracetamol overdose is the worst way to go

i dont but i probably could fairly easily

get your own drugs you fuck

I have a friends who is a doctor and hes weekly getting high on coke/ketamine, what's ur view?

as long as it doesnt fuck him up or interfere with his practice i dont see why he shouldn't

Where do you work? What do you do at work?

I am thinking about studying pharmacy.

Please describe what this is like.

basically you feel okay for up to a day or so and then die slowly and inevitably as your organs get incinerated

we mainly solve insurance issues, fill prescriptions, and then ring them up for pickups

its pretty busy most days and you're always doing something

walgreens

see
although as a pharmacist you'd be mainly reviewing things and talking to patients

why does lamotrigine give people steven johnson syndrome? and are you working on a pharm-d?

>fill prescriptions
Where do you live?
Pharmacists could never give out prescriptions here in Germany. Only doctors can do this.

you may have misunderstood - we fill scrips written by doctors

USA

not working on one and as for lamotrigine and SJS i think its an allergic response listed on the possible side effects

as for WHY it does that, i wouldnt know

Oh, okay.

for sure just curious if the they taught you about it the ER docs had no idea wtf it was. Did the tech job require any university per-requisites?

pre*

There's a plant near you that can kill whomever you wish. In Florida it's the Rosary Pea

Also bear in mind most pharmacists in the USA now (all new grads essentially) have a PharmD degree--doctor of pharmacy in other words. So the standards here have increased greatly in the last couple of decades for what the pharmacist needs to know (considering medical doctors make HUGE mistakes with prescriptions all of the time).

no university pre-requisites since we're basically pharmacist assistants, but you need to be licensed to deal with patient information and drugs

What qualifications/schooling is required for your job? Also, how boring does it get and how much do you hate the pain management junkies?

How do I get test and HGH from my doctor?

Pharmacist here. SJS is a hypersensitivity reaction causing the epidermis to separate from the dermis. Leads to other complications like infection and cancer. It's very rare but more linked to certain epilepsy meds like phenobarbital, carbamazepine, and phenytoin.

so can you shed some light on why lamotrigine triggered it in me and they chose to put me on oxcarbazepine now and i am not currently showing symptoms. It is such a headache being paranoid of SJS all the time.

see
and the pain mgmt people are usually okay, we rarely get actual junkies in my location

interesting, thanks

As far as I'm aware, the exact mechanism is unknown. It just has to do with the drug triggering something in your immune pathways that ends up attacking your skin cells. Could be that your body is unable to clear a reactive metabolite from the drug which is triggering the reaction. It's suggested there could be a genetic predisposition to it, so it could just be dumb luck.

Damn, well thank you for your answer it's better than my doctors and the hospitals explanation. I think they may be to proud to admit they don't know why it happens.

Do Pharmacists look at people picking up Opiates a certain way?